Three Kinds of God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-08-2015, 06:22 AM
RE: Three Kinds of God
Quote:julep--- began my questions to you with my understanding of your claims. I don't have a problem with your feeling I don't understand them. That's why I asked for clarification. You don't choose to explain further;

That is false claim on your part. Yo need to fix your reading comprehension abilities and reread message #34.

I address that query specifically in message #34 You appear to ignore my response. Why? Are you missing some brain cells from sniffing glue as a child or as and adult?

Here is the first part of the reply to you;

.."Here is my suggestion to you, and I believe I suggested this another thread. Check out some dictionary definitions of the word God and Universe. One definition of the word God, and Universe is everything.".....

Then later on in same message I reference my explanations for three kinds of Universe in a seperate Cosmic Heirarchy thread, and ask you specifically if you read them. Again your appear to ignore.

Quote: I know that when I am not clear about a concept, it's hard for me to use a variety of terms to discuss it. When I understand an idea well, it's easy to put things a different way. The only thing I can conclude is that your concepts are not clear enough in your head to explicate them. Perhaps you need to take some time and think them through?

You are the one who is not thinking clearly as you ignore my comments as stated and appear to not have very good reading comprehension skills.

You need to go back and reread message #34 in its entirety if truly want to have rational, logical common sense disscussion with me. It is obvious that you do not truly want that.

Heart q3 Drinking Beverage
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-08-2015, 06:32 AM
(26-08-2015 05:31 AM)Chas Wrote:  Your explanations are pretty much incoherent.

Not pretty much, they are impenetrable.

qqq, do you have some form of synesthesia? All your comments on various concepts being colors make it sound like you do. If so, you should understand that for most people it is very difficult to relate to that since we don't associate colors with ideas.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
26-08-2015, 07:23 AM
q3,

If one person can't understand you, then maybe they have a problem. If nobody understands you, then you have a problem.

None of this implies glue sniffing. Dodgy

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 3 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
26-08-2015, 09:14 AM
(26-08-2015 06:22 AM)qqq Wrote:  
Quote:julep--- began my questions to you with my understanding of your claims. I don't have a problem with your feeling I don't understand them. That's why I asked for clarification. You don't choose to explain further;

That is false claim on your part. Yo need to fix your reading comprehension abilities and reread message #34.

I address that query specifically in message #34 You appear to ignore my response. Why? Are you missing some brain cells from sniffing glue as a child or as and adult?

Here is the first part of the reply to you;

.."Here is my suggestion to you, and I believe I suggested this another thread. Check out some dictionary definitions of the word God and Universe. One definition of the word God, and Universe is everything.".....

Then later on in same message I reference my explanations for three kinds of Universe in a seperate Cosmic Heirarchy thread, and ask you specifically if you read them. Again your appear to ignore.

Quote: I know that when I am not clear about a concept, it's hard for me to use a variety of terms to discuss it. When I understand an idea well, it's easy to put things a different way. The only thing I can conclude is that your concepts are not clear enough in your head to explicate them. Perhaps you need to take some time and think them through?

You are the one who is not thinking clearly as you ignore my comments as stated and appear to not have very good reading comprehension skills.

You need to go back and reread message #34 in its entirety if truly want to have rational, logical common sense disscussion with me. It is obvious that you do not truly want that.

I don't feel that referring me to the dictionary (as in post 34) and to your earlier posts is much of an attempt at explanation, but if it was, thank you for the attempt. I did not perceive it as such, and sorry to say it did not explain much.

Dictionary definitions of words do not prove that god = everything = the universe. All that definitions "prove" is that some humans have used those words with that meaning in the past, commonly enough so that these meanings have made it into the dictionary. There are many people who believe in god who most emphatically do not believe he exists in everything, even if god can exist everywhere. There are people who believe the universe expresses a cosmic mind in some way and call this god. There are people who believe the universe exists, but without mind or god. There are people who believe god was the first mover of the universe but exists outside of/separate from the universe.

A dictionary definition has nothing to do with the truth of an idea and is not sufficient to explain a complicated concept.

What is your evidence that there is a cosmic mind, inside or outside the universe? How does the human mind's capability for abstract thought relate to this? Why should we call any of your three gods god? What is god's relationship with humankind? How is the metaphysical anything but a human concept, how do you make the leap to god from the idea of "meta"?

The questions above are just a few of the ones I feel you have not answered in a way that makes sense. Telling me to read your earlier posts is not helpful. Assuming that I am not trying to understand is also not helpful, nor is telling me that if I don't understand, it's because I'm too stupid. I am trying to understand, and I can't be any smarter than my brain capacity, which has gotten me through life okay so far. I understand that it's frustrating to keep explaining and using different words, but there's no way around it--if you want a true discussion of your ideas. No one seems to understand your points, so you have to find a different way or maybe look for another community that might be better able to understand the way you think. Best of luck.
[+] 3 users Like julep's post
26-08-2015, 04:49 PM
Quote:julep--- I don't feel that referring me to the dictionary (as in post 34) and to your earlier posts is much of an attempt at explanation, but if it was, thank you for the attempt. I did not perceive it as such, and sorry to say it did not explain much.

I feel your incorrect in your assessment. I address your questions with my definitions and gave you a suggestion to further assist you.

Quote:.."Here is my suggestion to you, and I believe I suggested this another thread. Check out some dictionary definitions of the word God and Universe. One definition of the word God, and Universe is everything.".....

If you cannot accept dictionary definitons as an adjunct to your needs, then your too far outside of commonality of that part of humanity that uses dictionarys and I'm doubtful I can assist you further.
Quote:Dictionary definitions of words do not prove that god = everything = the universe.

I never claimed proof. Your going off base here Julep.

Quote: All that definitions "prove" is that some humans have used those words with that meaning in the past, commonly enough so that these meanings have made it into the dictionary.

Yeah, if you cannot accept dictionary definitions for starter then read my above in those regards.
Quote:What is your evidence that there is a cosmic mind, inside or outside the universe?

Here again your off base julep, as Ive never claimed there "is ac cosmic mind, inside or outside the universe"....

I cannot have a rational. logical conversation with you, if you continue to make cast these false projections on to me and my comments as stated.

Quote:The questions above are just a few of the ones I feel you have not answered in a way that makes sense.

Julep, you doing it again. You appear to have some reading comprehension dysfuntction if not some mental problems that I'm not going to deal with, unless,

You need address my specific comments as stated. The rest of your comments are likened to glue sniffers irrelevancies. Waste of bandwidth and intellectual space.

26-08-2015, 05:11 PM
(26-08-2015 04:49 PM)qqq Wrote:  
Quote:julep--- I don't feel that referring me to the dictionary (as in post 34) and to your earlier posts is much of an attempt at explanation, but if it was, thank you for the attempt. I did not perceive it as such, and sorry to say it did not explain much.

I feel your incorrect in your assessment. I address your questions with my definitions and gave you a suggestion to further assist you.

Quote:.."Here is my suggestion to you, and I believe I suggested this another thread. Check out some dictionary definitions of the word God and Universe. One definition of the word God, and Universe is everything.".....

If you cannot accept dictionary definitons as an adjunct to your needs, then your too far outside of commonality of that part of humanity that uses dictionarys and I'm doubtful I can assist you further.
Quote:Dictionary definitions of words do not prove that god = everything = the universe.

I never claimed proof. Your going off base here Julep.

Quote: All that definitions "prove" is that some humans have used those words with that meaning in the past, commonly enough so that these meanings have made it into the dictionary.

Yeah, if you cannot accept dictionary definitions for starter then read my above in those regards.
Quote:What is your evidence that there is a cosmic mind, inside or outside the universe?

Here again your off base julep, as Ive never claimed there "is ac cosmic mind, inside or outside the universe"....

I cannot have a rational. logical conversation with you, if you continue to make cast these false projections on to me and my comments as stated.

Quote:The questions above are just a few of the ones I feel you have not answered in a way that makes sense.

Julep, you doing it again. You appear to have some reading comprehension dysfuntction if not some mental problems that I'm not going to deal with, unless,

You need address my specific comments as stated. The rest of your comments are likened to glue sniffers irrelevancies. Waste of bandwidth and intellectual space.

I agree that one of us is wasting bandwidth and intellectual space.
[+] 3 users Like julep's post
26-08-2015, 05:21 PM
(26-08-2015 05:11 PM)julep Wrote:  I agree that one of us is wasting bandwidth and intellectual space.

I did'nt say one of us, so you again, infer a false projection on me.

I said the glue sniffers waste a lot of band width. The evidence for that is in this thread, more so in the cosmic heirarchy thread and Lie To Them thread.

When you want to spend the time going through that barage of unccessary glue vapored q3 mental head whacking and maintain your position, then your in denial, and tend to support a sad lack of moral and intellectual integrity. imho

:cup:q3 Heart
26-08-2015, 06:23 PM
You know, for a guy who's allegedly so in love with the dictionary, you commit more spelling and basic grammatical errors than almost any poster I have ever seen on this forum, with the exception of a fundamentalist we keep around for batting practice.

It does not impress us with a desire to treat you like an intellectual equal, let alone the degree of intellectual superior it would require for us to feel the "glue-sniffers" and "intellectually dishonest" insults were warranted.

In short, qqq, I think you have serious problems that are screamingly obvious to everyone but you. I hope that you have some sort of mental disorder that makes you talk this way, giving the appearance of serious deficiencies of thought rather than actually being such a defect, and it is not simply the more-obvious solution via Occam's Razor: a low IQ and over-inflated ego.

Edit to Add: I must admit, however, that your most recent post, immediately above, comes closest yet to sanity, accuracy, and clarity. Kudos. Except, unfortunately, you descend back into glossolalia there at the end, again, a bit. Too bad. But you came so close!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
26-08-2015, 06:43 PM (This post was last modified: 26-08-2015 07:10 PM by julep.)
(26-08-2015 05:21 PM)qqq Wrote:  
(26-08-2015 05:11 PM)julep Wrote:  I agree that one of us is wasting bandwidth and intellectual space.

I did'nt say one of us, so you again, infer a false projection on me.

I said the glue sniffers waste a lot of band width. The evidence for that is in this thread, more so in the cosmic heirarchy thread and Lie To Them thread.

When you want to spend the time going through that barage of unccessary glue vapored q3 mental head whacking and maintain your position, then your in denial, and tend to support a sad lack of moral and intellectual integrity. imho

:cup:q3 Heart

Addressed by you, q3, to me, Julep: "You appear to have some reading comprehension dysfuntction if not some mental problems that I'm not going to deal with, unless, You need address my specific comments as stated. The rest of your comments are likened to glue sniffers irrelevancies. Waste of bandwidth and intellectual space."

You can spin that as many ways as you'd like to, and it's true that there are numerous spelling and grammar errors that make it impossible for a reader to make any literal sense of the words you used to express your position. Still, I feel my reading is a reasonable interpretation.

If you can't understand that I have repeatedly asked what point your definitions have to do with the title of this thread, a title that you made yourself, then possibly you shouldn't be playing in this sandbox.

I feel that I understand your definitions, I just don't see how they prove or even suggest a god or three gods. Therefore, I've asked you, repeatedly, to explain how your post implies any thoughts or philosophy that would be interesting, or require me to concede that you have somehow 1) defined a god and 2) made that definition of god something that is meaningful in any way.

Frankly, I don't think you understand my questions, in much the same way you seem to think I don't understand your definitions. But at least I've made several efforts to communicate and restate my position and questions, while you have simply attacked.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
26-08-2015, 07:29 PM
(26-08-2015 06:23 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Except, unfortunately, you descend back into glossolalia there at the end, again, a bit. Too bad. But you came so close!

76, when you want to come out of your mental stuck-in-your-own-head stupor, and actually address my comments, as stated, with rational, logical, common sense, then please share.

You do not because you have nothing rational, logical common sense statements that anyway invalidate most of my claims/conclusions regarding my philosophy on the cosmos.

Please share when you do. Thx. I will not be holding my breath in anticipation.

Primarily, My Cosmic Heirarchy...,hmm what could that word salad mean,

and Three Kinds of God...hmm, what could that word salad mean....

Only glue sniffers here so it will forever remain a mystery to them...

None here at Non-Thinking Atheist do so because the have none. imho