Three Weeks till Deermageddon

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-10-2015, 10:21 AM
3 weeks till opening day deer season in Michigan... I'm looking forward to it....

Opening day - the one day out of the year I eat doughnuts and coffee for breakfast.. (while sitting in the hunting blind, watching the news on TV)......

This year is going to be different -- due to rule changes - I get to use a RIFLE instead of a shotgun....... Only pistol cartridges, but still -- it's an improvement.

I'm using a H+R Handirifle (single shot) in .357 magnum, and carrying my Ruger GP-100 .357 as a sidearm. Extensive work with the Handirifle and I'm down to 1 1/2 inch groups at 100 yards..... Smile

Shit's gonna die..

Anybody else have deer hunting season looming in the near future??

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
24-10-2015, 05:28 PM
RE: Three Weeks till Deermageddon
(24-10-2015 10:21 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  3 weeks till opening day deer season in Michigan... I'm looking forward to it....

Opening day - the one day out of the year I eat doughnuts and coffee for breakfast.. (while sitting in the hunting blind, watching the news on TV)......

This year is going to be different -- due to rule changes - I get to use a RIFLE instead of a shotgun....... Only pistol cartridges, but still -- it's an improvement.

I'm using a H+R Handirifle (single shot) in .357 magnum, and carrying my Ruger GP-100 .357 as a sidearm. Extensive work with the Handirifle and I'm down to 1 1/2 inch groups at 100 yards..... Smile

Shit's gonna die..

Anybody else have deer hunting season looming in the near future??

Not 'til Nov. 30 for shotgun; Oct 19 for archery, Dec. 14 for primitive firearms (muzzle loaders).

I could sit on my front porch or back deck and bag one (or more).

[Image: DeerWalk.jpg][Image: DeerDeck.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
24-10-2015, 05:29 PM
Are you allowed to kill does?

I don't remember the rules.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
24-10-2015, 06:14 PM
Oh.
So you people like to shoot Bambi.

I can't believe it.

Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
24-10-2015, 06:39 PM
I already got mine for the year. Bagged it with my big brown truck. It was unsettling, but I'm ok with it, now.

It was a medium sized one - I didn't count the points but it had a rack - youngish male. He's probably already bred - he was a bit too cocky.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
24-10-2015, 06:47 PM
(24-10-2015 06:39 PM)kim Wrote:  I already got mine for the year. Bagged it with my big brown truck. It was unsettling, but I'm ok with it, now.

It was a medium sized one - I didn't count the points but it had a rack - youngish male. He's probably already bred - he was a bit too cocky.

Glad you are okay...I mean, it sounds like you are okay.

Interesting hunting style you have. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
24-10-2015, 07:00 PM
We used to have a Mercury Grand Marquis. That car took out so many deer. All the car ever got was a crack in the plastic grill and maybe a 2mm shift near the doors.

I wanted to paint deer symbols on the side.
[+] 3 users Like Clockwork's post
24-10-2015, 09:47 PM
(24-10-2015 05:29 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Are you allowed to kill does?

I don't remember the rules.

I believe each state has its own rules.

In Massachusetts, MassWildlife determines how many doe permits to issue based on population in each of the fifteen Wildlife Management Zones.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-10-2015, 10:52 AM
Michigan allows taking does if you have an antlerless tag. It varies by county.

In my county you can take 2 bucks (a combination license) and up to 5 does - if there's still permits to be had. (they allocate so many per county).

I have a buck and two doe tags. I've taken at least 2 deer every year since 2003 -- and as many as 5 in a good year.

In ref to "Bambi".... I've never shot a cartoon....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
25-10-2015, 11:34 AM
Why go to all the trouble of hunting?
If you do it right, they'll walk right into your kitchen. Tongue

[+] 5 users Like pablo's post