Three Weeks till Deermageddon

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-10-2015, 11:37 AM
RE: Three Weeks till Deermageddon
Dude -- if I could get them to commit suicide in my garage right under the hanging rig -- I'd never shoot at one again...

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
28-10-2015, 12:36 PM
I hadn't noticed before -- Michigan's opening day is on Sunday this year......

That's always a hoot... Lotsa religious types don't go out first thing in the morning -- but go to church first - THEN go tromping around the woods after lunch.... It usually gets the deer moving quite a bit -- and guys like me who have been in place, hunkered down since first light, take advantage of it...

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
28-10-2015, 02:14 PM
My co-worker goes hunting often. Usually brings back boar. I'm sure his next few trips will be venision. Always makes amazing smoked jerky out of them.

Slightly off subject but you might get a laugh. I float around in geek circles. I had a friend say they went to a resent comic con with a bunch of cos-players dressed as Disney villains. They had everyone Maleficent, Gaston, Jafar..etc etc. But one guy no one knew. He was just dressed as a hunter. They asked him who are you supposed to be? His response. Oh. I'm the guy that killed Bambi's mom. as he pulls out a deer head on a trophy mount.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 2 users Like Commonsensei's post
28-10-2015, 02:18 PM
"Bambi was a cartoon" --- Ted Nugent....

Even goofy old guitar players are right every so often...

Big Grin

28-10-2015, 02:50 PM
I'm going to miss having a freezer stocked with deer this year. On the farm I would fatten them on corn and apples by the bag full. opening day I'd set up a lawn chair and a few hay bales in the shade of the chicken coop and doze off until the deer I had selected earlier in the season showed up.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
28-10-2015, 02:59 PM
Awwww.... Bummer....

Around here the deer really aren't "wild".... while not domesticated -- they eat like they are.... They eat corn, alfalfa and soybean all year - and the buggers raid the gardens in the fall for sweet corn, squash and pumpkins and the orchards for pears and apples. No skinny deer around here.. I've gotten within 10 feet of fawns, who will debate whether or not to take the apple in my hand. They aren't real brainy. But, tasty!!!

Smile

28-10-2015, 03:04 PM
Ahh, "garden fed deer". The only way to make planting a garden worth it in the country is to eat the deer and rabbits that you end up feeding!

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 4 users Like Stark Raving's post
28-10-2015, 05:58 PM
My boss is a partner/owner in this enterprise.

So, for anyone who has a ton of money to spend to go deer hunting and doesn't want to rough it...this is the place...evidently.

http://www.high-rack-ranch.com/

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
28-10-2015, 08:57 PM
As a Certified Firearms Instructor, I used to do a lot of training of Range Officers, at a number of gun ranges. Some of them are pretty far into the boonies. I've had deer walk into the range and had to call a "cease fire" while they walked through and nibbled the grass. At that range I could have dropped one with my .357 pistol. I love venison.
29-10-2015, 02:24 AM
When I was at my first duty station in Anchorage Ak, some of the guys from the office went up to Elmendorf AFB to use their rifle range.

We were hammering away with AR-15s and M-16s (we had both) and a cow moose walked out onto the range......

Our XO (the guy in charge) hollered cease fire and "If any of you happy bastards even THINK of doing it -- I'll have your ass for lunch"...