Three Women, Missing for Years, Found in Cleveland

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-05-2013, 05:10 PM
RE: Three Women, Missing for Years, Found in Cleveland
(09-05-2013 04:35 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(09-05-2013 03:07 PM)Dom Wrote:  You are wasting your time talking to IandI. He doesn't want to learn about things and grow with knowledge, he wants to make any and all events fit in his preconceived world view.

It's all black and white for him, he does not see the shades of grey, and definitely nothing red, blue , green or yellow with purple polka dots.

People who think there are shades of grey have no principles. Example: either torture is wrong or it is right. Anyone that tries to bring in shades of grey do not have any principles stands on the issue and is deceiving themselves and others. One can't be for and against torture at the same time. When you take a test either you did or didn't cheat....there is no grey area.

IandI,...you do realize you sound like George Bush mid-war mongering phase, with that comment, right? Let religion rule the world, or send all the spiritual to concentration camps to be gassed, is what that statement sounded like. With it, or against it? I would argue that most things ARE grey, NOT black and white! Truth is almost NEVER found at the extremes, right or left!

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2013, 05:27 PM
(09-05-2013 05:10 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(09-05-2013 04:35 PM)I and I Wrote:  People who think there are shades of grey have no principles. Example: either torture is wrong or it is right. Anyone that tries to bring in shades of grey do not have any principles stands on the issue and is deceiving themselves and others. One can't be for and against torture at the same time. When you take a test either you did or didn't cheat....there is no grey area.

IandI,...you do realize you sound like George Bush mid-war mongering phase, with that comment, right? Let religion rule the world, or send all the spiritual to concentration camps to be gassed, is what that statement sounded like. With it, or against it? I would argue that most things ARE grey, NOT black and white! Truth is almost NEVER found at the extremes, right or left!

And you sound like you support torture when it suits your interests.....Either you have no principled stand on torture or you do. George Bush didn't have any principles and was only for or against something when it suited his interests.

People with no principles can also be led to support the most heinous crime like torture.
09-05-2013, 05:57 PM
If I were up against my arch enemy, who eats babies, then yes, I might be for torcher THEN, Undecided but so would you! But I'd prefer, if at all possible, an instant death for the monster. No torcher; wouldn't feel a thing. Tell me. Are you for, or against torcher, and/or the death penalty, for rapist kidnappers?

09-05-2013, 06:11 PM
(09-05-2013 05:27 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(09-05-2013 05:10 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  IandI,...you do realize you sound like George Bush mid-war mongering phase, with that comment, right? Let religion rule the world, or send all the spiritual to concentration camps to be gassed, is what that statement sounded like. With it, or against it? I would argue that most things ARE grey, NOT black and white! Truth is almost NEVER found at the extremes, right or left!

And you sound like you support torture when it suits your interests.....Either you have no principled stand on torture or you do. George Bush didn't have any principles and was only for or against something when it suited his interests.

People with no principles can also be led to support the most heinous crime like torture.

To Quote the great philosopher Obi-Wan Kenobi "Only the Sith see things in black and white." Life is a million shades of color and most things fall somewhere in the middle. You use torture as your black and white example but please define torture?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
09-05-2013, 06:12 PM
(09-05-2013 04:35 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(09-05-2013 03:07 PM)Dom Wrote:  You are wasting your time talking to IandI. He doesn't want to learn about things and grow with knowledge, he wants to make any and all events fit in his preconceived world view.

It's all black and white for him, he does not see the shades of grey, and definitely nothing red, blue , green or yellow with purple polka dots.

People who think there are shades of grey have no principles. Example: either torture is wrong or it is right. Anyone that tries to bring in shades of grey do not have any principles stands on the issue and is deceiving themselves and others. One can't be for and against torture at the same time. When you take a test either you did or didn't cheat....there is no grey area.

Torture? If I witnessed it, it would make me so mad I would want the torturer to experience the same thing s/he dished out.

Likely I couldn't pull it off, but I'd sure wish it on them.

So then, I would condone torture because I have principles?

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
09-05-2013, 06:47 PM
I don't support torture because it doesn't work, in the sense that you can't torture someone for information and expect to get something usable from it.
If it worked, and torturing a guilty individual could potentially save lives? Yes I'd be for it.
Torture for the sake of revenge? That I don't support.

There is a reason we allow extenuating circumstances in court, when it comes to crimes commited.
Theft is a crime, but if the bottom line is feeding yourself or others who depend on you, it's not as bad a crime as say picking someone's wallet for the hell of it.

Humanists of West Florida
GC CoR
P'cola Skeptic in thePub
GC Freethinker
[+] 1 user Likes KeenIdiot's post
09-05-2013, 07:17 PM
(09-05-2013 04:35 PM)I and I Wrote:  People who think there are shades of grey have no principles. Example: either torture is wrong or it is right. Anyone that tries to bring in shades of grey do not have any principles stands on the issue and is deceiving themselves and others. One can't be for and against torture at the same time. When you take a test either you did or didn't cheat....there is no grey area.

Are you prepared to apply that rule to every part of life? If we say theft is punishable by ten years in prison, will you sentence an eight year old to ten years for stealing an apple?

There are most certainly areas where right and wrong are demonstrably black and white but there are myriad other areas where circumstances mitigate behavior.

Principled individuals consider evidence and circumstances. Tyrants mete out black and white rulings.

Have you found instances of serial killers and their victims which meet your prescription from above?

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes bbeljefe's post
09-05-2013, 07:27 PM
Nope, throughout my normal life I don't sit and ponder who I think should or shouldn't be tortured, I don't need to because I am against torture.
09-05-2013, 07:32 PM
(09-05-2013 05:57 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  If I were up against my arch enemy, who eats babies, then yes, I might be for torcher THEN, :-/ but so would you! But I'd prefer, if at all possible, an instant death for the monster. No torcher; wouldn't feel a thing. Tell me. Are you for, or against torcher, and/or the death penalty, for rapist kidnappers?

If the queen had balls she would be a king. Yep against torture and the death penalty.
09-05-2013, 07:54 PM
(09-05-2013 07:32 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(09-05-2013 05:57 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  If I were up against my arch enemy, who eats babies, then yes, I might be for torcher THEN, Undecided but so would you! But I'd prefer, if at all possible, an instant death for the monster. No torcher; wouldn't feel a thing. Tell me. Are you for, or against torcher, and/or the death penalty, for rapist kidnappers?

If the queen had balls she would be a king. Yep against torture and the death penalty.

So you would send a rapist to the penitentiary, where everyone knows rapists get prison fucked to death with broken broom handles, instead of injecting him into a peaceful going-to-bed like execution? Good looken out against that horrifyingly inhumane torcher Thumbsup Black-n-White's a bitch, huh? ......unless you're enjoying the thought of his torcherous death carried out by other inmates???