Three Women, Missing for Years, Found in Cleveland

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-05-2013, 09:38 PM
RE: Three Women, Missing for Years, Found in Cleveland
I and I, you've been given examples of things that are generally regarded as wrong (stealing, for one) and have not responded to the scenario given.

Is theft always wrong, can you consider any scenarios in which it'd be permissible?

Or, to take an extreme like your example, lets go with murder. Is murder always wrong? Can you think of no circumstance where you would kill another human being?

Humanists of West Florida
GC CoR
P'cola Skeptic in thePub
GC Freethinker
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2013, 10:50 PM
(10-05-2013 09:57 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  
(10-05-2013 09:28 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  This thread has certainly derailed.

I feel terrible for those girls. I can't imagine the terror they lived through. Its horrifying.

This has shaken up a few people I know too -- the types who celebrate consensual "kinky" things.

I would hope this has affected everyone, regardless of who or what they consensually do to achieve organisms. Blink

Of course, I didn't mean to imply otherwise.

[Image: mrhanky.jpg]

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

10-05-2013, 11:05 PM
(10-05-2013 10:50 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(10-05-2013 09:57 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  I would hope this has affected everyone, regardless of who or what they consensually do to achieve organisms. Blink

Of course, I didn't mean to imply otherwise.

Methinks Freud has slipped up on us yet again? Tongue

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-05-2013, 11:07 PM
Yeah with the derail going on, this is a horrible story, that it has a.... well, it's not a happy ending really, is it?
That they escaped and came home alive is wonderful.
What they endured was terrible, and shocking. Aside from their survival the only real redeeming thing about the story is that it's terrible and shocking, because otherwise it'd be common place.

GC CoR
P'cola Skeptic in thePub
GC Freethinker
[+] 1 user Likes KeenIdiot's post
10-05-2013, 11:37 PM
(10-05-2013 11:05 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  
(10-05-2013 10:50 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Of course, I didn't mean to imply otherwise.

Methinks Freud has slipped up on us yet again? Tongue

No. I just know a whole lotta people who have consensual non-consent fantasies. Being a masochist is confusing enough without adding the other issues. Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
10-05-2013, 11:38 PM
(10-05-2013 11:07 PM)KeenIdiot Wrote:  Yeah with the derail going on, this is a horrible story, that it has a.... well, it's not a happy ending really, is it?
What they endured was terrible, and shocking. Aside from their survival the only real redeeming thing about the story is that it's terrible and shocking, because otherwise it'd be common place.

True and they might not ever really recover from it. That's really sad on top of sad.

11-05-2013, 12:07 AM
(10-05-2013 11:07 PM)KeenIdiot Wrote:  Yeah with the derail going on, this is a horrible story, that it has a.... well, it's not a happy ending really, is it?

They got out alive which is wonderful! I'm glad they are trying to keep the sensationalism to a minimum - these people are fragile and will need a lot of time. Whatever they must have gone through, for such a great length of time - no doubt, they will need years of intense therapy.

Possibly not as much therapy for the child, though. Then again, the life she is used to, will drastically change and this can be quite traumatic for her. Kids are pretty resilient but a child raised in a restricted, possibly violent atmosphere will have a profound effect on her continuing growth. Also, she is this man's child and will always know - this too, could effect her deeply. However, it also sounds as if she has a truly kick ass Mom!! Thumbsup

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
11-05-2013, 12:13 AM
(10-05-2013 11:38 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  

True and they might not ever really recover from it. That's really sad on top of sad.

Yep. The sheer awfulness of it could be cause for some people to deny it transpired.

GC CoR
P'cola Skeptic in thePub
GC Freethinker
11-05-2013, 12:21 AM
(11-05-2013 12:13 AM)KeenIdiot Wrote:  
(10-05-2013 11:38 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  True and they might not ever really recover from it. That's really sad on top of sad.

Yep. The sheer awfulness of it could be cause for some people to deny it transpired.

Yea that's what I believe is the prime reason for people who deny the holocaust or 9-11, Sandy hook, etc, it's too awful therefore it cannot be true.

11-05-2013, 01:04 AM
(11-05-2013 12:21 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(11-05-2013 12:13 AM)KeenIdiot Wrote:  Yep. The sheer awfulness of it could be cause for some people to deny it transpired.

Yea that's what I believe is the prime reason for people who deny the holocaust or 9-11, Sandy hook, etc, it's too awful therefore it cannot be true.
That's probably where conspiracy theories come in, it's better to assume someone is in control than just random, horrible events happen, can happen at any moment.

GC CoR
P'cola Skeptic in thePub
GC Freethinker
[+] 1 user Likes KeenIdiot's post