Three stabbed on Portland, Or. light rail by man shouting racist slurs.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-05-2017, 02:55 PM
Three stabbed on Portland, Or. light rail by man shouting racist slurs.
Two people were killed and one other wounded Friday afternoon in a stabbing on a MAX train at Northeast Portland's Hollywood Transit Center.

Welcome to Trumpland.

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dr H's post
30-05-2017, 03:10 PM
RE: Three stabbed on Portland, Or. light rail by man shouting racist slurs.
(30-05-2017 02:55 PM)Dr H Wrote:  Two people were killed and one other wounded Friday afternoon in a stabbing on a MAX train at Northeast Portland's Hollywood Transit Center.

Welcome to Trumpland.

Trump didn't even respond for 3 days 'cause it wasn't a jihadist who knifed a bunch of Onward Christian Soldiers trying to stop him from insulting a teenage white Amish girl for wearing, whatever the hell it is they wear.

Grampa Rather felt that Grampa Dumpy needed a bitchslap.
[Image: rather_zpsrtfuiqcg.png]

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 9 users Like GirlyMan's post
30-05-2017, 03:47 PM
Guys guys guys, he just wanted to wait until all the facts were in before expressing his judgement, like he did with the chemical attack in Syria. Hobo

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
30-05-2017, 04:02 PM
What I don't get is... I mean... why? No matter how much I dislike people I never feel the urge to randomly start stabbing them. What makes these people go nuts like this? There's those guys who drive into crowds, the mad knife killers in the UK and elsewhere... what the fuck is wrong with these people? Who wakes up one morning and randomly decides to abuse other people and stab them? What do you gain by doing that? You've killed two people and for what?

I mean I know they're fucken unhinged, but for fuck's sake. It's just so stupid.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
30-05-2017, 05:17 PM
I was on the Max the day before going through that transit center. Porlandia...there are some pretty decent people here. I'm kinda proud that people here stood up for the woman but it's horribly sad that two young lives were lost.

A wall behind the area is being used to write people's thoughts and flowers are in front of it.

[Image: memorial.jpg?w=660&h=371&crop=1]

The guy who did the stabbing seems to be mentally ill.

Had this been a Muslim who killed two white people defending a Christian woman on the train, trump and his followers would be on this like a flea on a dog.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
30-05-2017, 06:38 PM
(30-05-2017 04:02 PM)morondog Wrote:  What I don't get is... I mean... why? No matter how much I dislike people I never feel the urge to randomly start stabbing them. What makes these people go nuts like this? There's those guys who drive into crowds, the mad knife killers in the UK and elsewhere... what the fuck is wrong with these people? Who wakes up one morning and randomly decides to abuse other people and stab them? What do you gain by doing that? You've killed two people and for what?

I mean I know they're fucken unhinged, but for fuck's sake. It's just so stupid.

Too many rats in the cage.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
30-05-2017, 09:51 PM

Remember kids you are far more likely to die by a white terrorist than a Muslim one.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
31-05-2017, 10:19 AM
Geez. I missed this post when Girly put it up initially (sorry, dude!), and happened upon the article through a different medium, so I searched TTA to see if someone had posted about it... and of course they had. Good on ya, Girly.

One of the stabbing victims was not young. He was an Army veteran in his 50s. And he stood up against someone spewing vile hatred at his fellow Americans, no matter what they looked like or wore. And he died for it.

That is what it means to be an American. You stand up for the rights of everyone, even those who are not like you. You stand up for all rights for everyone, even if you must pay with your life. And the rest of us would do well to remember these men.

Ricky John Best, 53, of Happy Valley, died at the scene. The military veteran worked as a technician for the city of Portland and had gravitated towards public service.

Taliesin Myrddin Namkai-Meche, 23, of Portland, died at the hospital. He had graduated from Portland's Reed College with a degree in economics last year and had just begun his career working at an environmental consulting agency. His last words were "Tell everyone on this train I love them."

The third victim, Micah Fletcher, 21, is being treated at a hospital with serious injuries. He has a GoFundMe account to help pay for his hospital bills... which it just baffles me that he will have to pay. Why does America not have at least some kind of "Good Samaritan" law that says you cannot be charged for (or that we will pay for) any injuries received in defending another person against violence?

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post