Through the Wormhole

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-06-2014, 08:39 PM
Through the Wormhole
Did I hear this right... That the sea is going to kill us, and is a conscious, living, thinking being? Huh

I didn't see the whole episode... But the patented Bullshit Alarm I recently installed in my brain was going fucking mental.

Any thoughts?

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-06-2014, 08:43 PM
RE: Through the Wormhole
I saw commercials for this but I forgot to watch it.
Find all posts by this user
26-06-2014, 08:50 PM
(26-06-2014 08:39 PM)Sam Wrote:  the patented Bullshit Alarm I recently installed in my brain was going fucking mental.

Any thoughts?

Yup. Mine is one of the new models that came with one already installed. Yes

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
26-06-2014, 10:05 PM
(26-06-2014 08:50 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(26-06-2014 08:39 PM)Sam Wrote:  the patented Bullshit Alarm I recently installed in my brain was going fucking mental.

Any thoughts?

Yup. Mine is one of the new models that came with one already installed. Yes

I have the base model, no options. Big Grin
26-06-2014, 10:06 PM
The part about the oceans wiping us out seemed quite plausible...

The idea is... If the upper waters warm significantly due to climate change, then the process by which oxygenated water is carried to the deeper layers is impaired, meaning natural selection will favour bacteria which produce hydrogen sulphide... Highly toxic to mammals. Its always present in small quantities in the oceans, but if its over produced, could cause mass extinction.

According to the show, scientists believe as many as five major extinction events can be attributed to this effect. Gasp

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Sam's post
27-06-2014, 01:58 AM
(26-06-2014 10:06 PM)Sam Wrote:  The idea is... If the upper waters warm significantly due to climate change, then the process by which oxygenated water is carried to the deeper layers is impaired, meaning natural selection will favour bacteria which produce hydrogen sulphide... Highly toxic to mammals. Its always present in small quantities in the oceans, but if its over produced, could cause mass extinction.

Well that's something else to add to the list ... Sadcryface
27-06-2014, 02:53 AM
(26-06-2014 10:06 PM)Sam Wrote:  The part about the oceans wiping us out seemed quite plausible...

The idea is... If the upper waters warm significantly due to climate change, then the process by which oxygenated water is carried to the deeper layers is impaired, meaning natural selection will favour bacteria which produce hydrogen sulphide... Highly toxic to mammals. Its always present in small quantities in the oceans, but if its over produced, could cause mass extinction.

According to the show, scientists believe as many as five major extinction events can be attributed to this effect. Gasp

As if I needed something else to worry about Dodgy .
[+] 2 users Like Michael_Tadlock's post