Thumbs up for Irving, Texas

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-05-2015, 06:50 PM
RE: Thumbs up for Irving, Texas
(17-05-2015 06:45 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(17-05-2015 06:38 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  The things we do for love.

You're gonna love it here. Angel Big Grin

I'm gonna get him one of these...

[Image: a753377c35c928c1f98c0b4c29bee98f.jpg]

I don't have one on my car but I do have TX flag bow ties covering the Chevy bow ties on my car and I have TX floor mats in my car.

Oh, this in my living room a sign that says - You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
17-05-2015, 06:58 PM
[Image: 1861118df10836e9f3d0b44dd2fbca54.jpg]

Tongue

[+] 2 users Like Escape Artist's post
17-05-2015, 09:17 PM
I hate america, but I hate texas the most.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
17-05-2015, 09:17 PM
(17-05-2015 09:17 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I hate america, but I hate texas the most.

Nice to know you won't be visiting. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
17-05-2015, 09:19 PM
(17-05-2015 09:17 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(17-05-2015 09:17 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I hate america, but I hate texas the most.

Nice to know you won't be visiting. Dodgy

I will just drag you to japan so you can visit me Tongue

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
17-05-2015, 09:20 PM
(17-05-2015 04:15 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I can't think of any scenario where a US court WOULD use foreign laws.........

Sounds to me like a law passed to fix a problem that doesn't exist..

What about a contractual dispute between a US firm and a Saudi firm?

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
18-05-2015, 02:29 AM
(17-05-2015 04:15 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I can't think of any scenario where a US court WOULD use foreign laws.........

i was, perhaps mistakenly, referring to the court system's practice of passing on certain cases for arbitration by a separate entity. Sharia Courts are such entities. The problem arises because the decisions, which are based on published Sharia laws, oftentimes are in conflict with American (Western) standards of human rights and are unconsitutional (especially in relation to equal treatment under the law for women).

If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities.--Voltaire.

"To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." --Thomas Paine.
18-05-2015, 02:48 AM
(18-05-2015 02:29 AM)666wannabe Wrote:  

i was, perhaps mistakenly, referring to the court system's practice of passing on certain cases for arbitration by a separate entity. Sharia Courts are such entities. The problem arises because the decisions, which are based on published Sharia laws, oftentimes are in conflict with American (Western) standards of human rights and are unconsitutional (especially in relation to equal treatment under the law for women).

You realise that does not happen in the US as a religious court is by definition unconstitutional. This is not England we have the 1st amendment.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
18-05-2015, 02:50 AM
(17-05-2015 06:58 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  [Image: 1861118df10836e9f3d0b44dd2fbca54.jpg]

Tongue

Well now I know where Texas is Big Grin

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
18-05-2015, 03:12 AM
(18-05-2015 02:48 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(18-05-2015 02:29 AM)666wannabe Wrote:  i was, perhaps mistakenly, referring to the court system's practice of passing on certain cases for arbitration by a separate entity. Sharia Courts are such entities. The problem arises because the decisions, which are based on published Sharia laws, oftentimes are in conflict with American (Western) standards of human rights and are unconsitutional (especially in relation to equal treatment under the law for women).

You realise that does not happen in the US as a religious court is by definition unconstitutional. This is not England we have the 1st amendment.

Careful, you know how selective following the Constitution has been since the Patriot Act. One would think we wouldn't need additional legislation to protect us from NSA data mining, one would think that was covered with the 4th Amendment.

Apparently we were wrong. Dodgy

Also keep in mind that we're in a country where the courts have ruled in favor of corporations having both more rights than people, and less responsibilities; and they're pushing to pass through the unknown TPP deal so that foreign corporations can take the federal government to international court and sue us for interfering with them and their profits. I have zero faith in the system anymore. We're working our way towards a dystopian Shadowrun-like future, but without any of the fun magic and dragons and shit...

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]