Thunderf00t - Phil Mason

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-10-2011, 07:28 PM
Thunderf00t - Phil Mason
So apparently one of the more vocal and popular of atheist youtubers has been outed by another youtuber. Which is always nice as you know to have your personal details shared with the public... especially when that public is full of religious nutcases that hate atheists and want them to die. Not that they are all like that, but there are a surprising many. So I'm sure Thunderf00t would have preferred not to have his name out there for everyone to bandy about, and it is even worse as the attacker also released info about one of Phils family members.

I am personally sickened by shit like this. I'm most irritated in life by the theists who just can't let people be. The funny thing is, the atheist "movement" wouldn't have gained nearly as much steam would it not be for people who always feel the need to tell us to shut up and leave everyone alone to believe what they want. The irony all by itself has been enough to force people out of the closet.

I have decided that this act is worth enough to me to out myself to the world. Why should we hide? Why should we be the ones afraid, or worried of what people think of us? We aren't the lunatics who believe in invisible creatures, who pray to no one instead of just doing. Who kill people in the name of our fantasy, and oppress others because their fantasy isn't as cool. Let them chastise us, let them think we are all going to burn, let them look down on us from their high horses, let them reveal themselves to be the ignorant people they can be. Enough pretending. Enough patience. Enough.

My name is Lucas Mathew Stevason. I live in Canada, Abbotsford British Columbia to be precise. I am an agnostic atheist. I don't find the idea of god to be likely, and I am as positive as possible that the god in the bible is imaginary, and one way or another the bible is evil. I will tell anyone who asks, and will no longer avoid the conversation no matter the company I keep.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
09-10-2011, 08:50 PM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2011 09:23 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Thunderf00t - Phil Mason
(09-10-2011 07:28 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Why should we hide? Why should we be the ones afraid, or worried of what people think of us?

I don't hide either, Lucas, but I am conscious of the effects my opinions can have on other people. 30+ year friend of mine lives in a Catholic hospice. He's lost 7 people he was close to in the last month. Came over to my house this weekend and I commiserated by saying that it don't matter, as it was in the beginning so shall it be in the end, you are not and then you are and then you are not, try not be an asshole in between. Any promise of a postmortem preservation of identity is obviously bullshit. He left visibly shaken. I'm not at all sure I did my old friend any favors. ... Thinking about it after the fact makes me think I was just being some sort of nihilistic asshole with zero empathy. ... Note to Self: Keep that shit to yourself.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
10-10-2011, 04:07 PM
We should all call for a confident truth about ourselves.

I explain things this way to "believers".

"How do you feel about Santa Claus? Do you believe he exists?"

They will say no.

"Well, this is exactly how I preceive the Biblical stories and the possible existance of god (Jesus)"

They are a bit shocked by this. Then I go for the kill.

"There is actually more physical evidence that Santa Claus exists that Jesus"

It doesn't matter how nice you are or how gentle you approach the believer. They will be offended no matter what. Just as I am offended that someone would try to convince be that Santa is real, I am equally offended by the Jesus the Savior story. Become as "offended" and they are.

Evolution is not true? The world was created in 6 days?
My reply, "I'm offended by your ignorance of science and people who believe like you are dangerous for the survival of humankind"

It is seriously time to stop babying these people. The gloves are off!
10-10-2011, 07:03 PM
I don't really aim to offend people, but I also see it as a battle of kindness that has already been lost. The kid gloves are worn out, the coddling is creating psychopaths.

I feel bad everytime I make someone else feel bad, even when they deserve it because they are being willfully ignorant, but sometimes... it has to be done.

I have started to think that if we truly care about the world we owe it to the next generation to try to fix it. And as much as religion itself is NOT the problem, it is the license to kill, and it needs to be dealt with.

I personally would be fine if they were content with leaving everyone who didn't fall into their mold alone, but that has never and will never be the case. It is time to stop kidding ourselves. Everytime someone says something derogatory about atheists (like what Steve Harvey said for instance) it needs to be dealt with publicly until every one knows it isn't cool anymore.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-10-2011, 12:12 AM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2011 12:36 AM by Mia.)
Dawahfilms is a trendy Muslim attention whore who ejects vocal diarrhea and cheap threats deserving of mockery but this time he's gone too far. I agree, he had absolutely no right to bring Thunderf00ts family into this, they have nothing to do with what he does online

I've heard some criticisms made by other skeptics about Thunderf00ts approach to dealing with Islam/Muslims in his videos and while I can understand their reasoning I just can't agree with them
TF is taking a stand against a religion which people have been tip-toeing around for way too long. Their stupid, destructive, bigoted beliefs need to be deconstructed and all the whining and death threats should not stop us from doing that

(10-10-2011 04:07 PM)Thomas Wrote:  It is seriously time to stop babying these people. The gloves are off!

Agreed. I used to be a Christian and had it not been for people challenging me to question my beliefs I would probably still be one to this day, holding the same idiotic and bigoted views that they teach

That's why most religions forbid critical thinking and demand submission, they wouldn't survive if they didn't

"it is a principle innate and co-natural to every man to have an insatiable inclination to the truth, and to seek for it as for hid treasure..."
-Thomas Aikenhead
[+] 2 users Like Mia's post
11-10-2011, 01:44 AM
Agree wholeheartedly that we should not act as though we are ashamed of our non beliefs. I have recently become more vocal in my community because all my civility so to speak has been exhausted. I have found that education that you can immediately backup (Thanks Jobs for the iPhone) has the most impact on those willing to actually talk constructively about their beliefs and where they have just plain been fed the wrong info. Not that im trying to convert people i do believe i got a Southern Baptist who spoke to me of the parts of her church teachings she did not understand or agree with to a point of Deism. lol Letting people know they may already be atheists like Penn Jillette's approach in his new book also seems to have an impact. (If God told you to kill your child would you? No You need to rethink your beliefs, yes you need therapy) A perfect storm of situations have happened to force me into a position to have to speak about atheism informally to several people. (Prop. 26 in MS and a "controversial" 100+ year old work of fiction) The point is education is always the key and its shocking to find out that the people i speak to have parents with advanced degrees who force these crazy beliefs onto their children. The more education i got the less any of the mythology of any religion made any sense whatsoever, so to hear about the parents having masters and doctorates go on and on about how the man in the sky hates the gays and abortion doctors just drives me up a wall.