Thunderf00t and Amazing Atheist- anti-feminist douchebags

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-08-2013, 02:16 PM
RE: Thunderf00t and Amazing Atheist- anti-feminist douchebags
(14-08-2013 01:51 PM)mylittlepretender Wrote:  
(14-08-2013 01:50 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Again... I do the irony thing.
Drinking Beverage

Again, you are a useless, vague dipshit.

Drinking Beverage

[Image: 33199814.jpg]

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like nach_in's post
14-08-2013, 02:37 PM
Thunderf00t is one of my favorite youtubers and I've seen a TON of his videos.
I stand with his viewpoint 100% if not more on creationist crap, elevatorgate Rebecca Watson, donglegate Adria Richards, facts vs feminism Anita Sarkeesian
and the atheism plus BLOCK BOT <---now that is douchebaggery

TJ is an in your face loud mouth guy whom I appreciate very much.
He's not my style for video watching but his points are made quite well.

I find nothing douche baggery about any of the FACTS vs Feminism videos concerning Anita Sarkeesian.
In fact I find them well reasoned and thought provoking.

What are the issues you have with his videos ?
What is it exactly that you have a problem with ?

Are facts annoying to you ? or are they too arrogant ?
"You and your high and mighty FACTS" Hobo

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
14-08-2013, 02:38 PM
Quote:Thunderf00t:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKKQdJR7F_I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApozFPboUAQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJeX6F-Q63I

Amazing Atheist:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2KPeMcYsuc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-Nw3zyYpvs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlSh6wBXePM

Yeah, I see what you mean. I watched the first few minutes of most of those... cherry picked clips, sanctimony, and derogatory language. What hateful nonsense. Angry
[+] 1 user Likes I Am's post
14-08-2013, 03:00 PM
(14-08-2013 02:37 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Thunderf00t is one of my favorite youtubers and I've seen a TON of his videos.
I stand with his viewpoint 100% if not more on creationist crap, elevatorgate Rebecca Watson, donglegate Adria Richards, facts vs feminism Anita Sarkeesian and the atheism plus BLOCK BOT.

TJ is an in your face loud mouth guy whom I appreciate very much.
He's not my style for video watching but his points are made quite well.

I find nothing douche baggery about any of the FACTS vs Feminism videos concerning Anita Sarkeesian.
In fact I find them well reasoned and thought provoking.

What are the issues you have with his videos ?
What is it exactly that you have a problem with ?

Are facts annoying to you ? or are they too arrogant ?
"You and your high and mighty FACTS" Hobo
I watched the first Why 'Feminism' is poisoning Atheism. It was just overwrought crybabying about how PZ Meyers and Rebecca Watson don't like him anymore.

First off, elevatorgate. Rebecca Watson was approached from a rather strange man who hadn't talked to her before. He barged right into an elevator, a captive audience, if you will. Then right off the bat, he asked her to come back to her hotel room. Kind of too-close too soon, right? How isn't that kind of creepy? All Watson said was that men shouldn't act like that.

And the comment of "not realizing it was sexism" is horrendously simplified. Thunderf00t raises a stink about how Watson wants to teach people how to be victims, but he doesn't realize that that's actually a worthy goal in a sense. You can get accustomed to a larger society that denies you privileges from the day you're born. You have to realize something is fucked up before you can change it. You start as a victim, but then you become an activist.

I'd also like to have more context of the PZ Meyers comments. What was the relationship between him and the woman he joked about having sex with? Also, the so-called strawman of the discussion between people who view women as fucktoys and people who view women as people doesn't seem like a strawman if you go to somewhere like... reddit.

It just irks me that thunderf00t is putting so much effort into such horseshit.
14-08-2013, 03:04 PM
Re: Thunderf00t and Amazing Atheist- anti-feminist douchebags
I don't like either. TheAmazingAtheist is far too arrogant and over-the-top. And thunderf00t has some good science stuff but is absolutely appalling at debate and interview and is also an arrogant ass.

Drinking Beverage Their views on matters such as feminism are irrelevant to me liking or not liking them.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
14-08-2013, 03:09 PM
(14-08-2013 03:04 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I don't like either. TheAmazingAtheist is far too arrogant and over-the-top. And thunderf00t has some good science stuff but is absolutely appalling at debate and interview and is also an arrogant ass.

Drinking Beverage Their views on matters such as feminism are irrelevant to me liking or not liking them.

I find their views on feminism relevant. They've carved out a niche of thousands of credulous followers who somehow associate atheism with anti-feminism.
14-08-2013, 03:12 PM
I don't know how one connects atheism with feminism or anti-feminism.

-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
14-08-2013, 03:12 PM
(14-08-2013 03:09 PM)mylittlepretender Wrote:  
(14-08-2013 03:04 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I don't like either. TheAmazingAtheist is far too arrogant and over-the-top. And thunderf00t has some good science stuff but is absolutely appalling at debate and interview and is also an arrogant ass.

I find their views on feminism relevant. They've carved out a niche of thousands of credulous followers who somehow associate atheism with anti-feminism.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...man-Rights

A prime Example of this. I don't know much about thunderf00t (heard him during 1 of seths podcasts but thats it) and have only seen enough Amazing Atheist to know I don't care for him or his style.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
14-08-2013, 03:15 PM
Are their views (I haven't seen the videos mind you) a result of the opinion that by advocating for feminism (or racial equality or gender equality or whatever), feminists are maintaining the discrimination between the sexes?

If so, I call bullshit.

-Rick
14-08-2013, 03:24 PM
(14-08-2013 03:15 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Are their views (I haven't seen the videos mind you) a result of the opinion that by advocating for feminism (or racial equality or gender equality or whatever), feminists are maintaining the discrimination between the sexes?

If so, I call bullshit.

Well, their arguments are basically "You whacky PC Police! How dare you say things that make me uncomfortable! I'm going to make a dishonest youtube video and make my thousands of gullible followers resent you!"