Thunderf00t and Amazing Atheist- anti-feminist douchebags

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-08-2013, 06:04 PM (This post was last modified: 14-08-2013 06:27 PM by ridethespiral.)
RE: Thunderf00t and Amazing Atheist- anti-feminist douchebags
(14-08-2013 05:35 PM)mylittlepretender Wrote:  
(14-08-2013 05:12 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  I don't even have the energy to get into this debate, yet theses two pennies are burning a hole in my pocket...

Feminism could be/is doing a lot for the world, there are Korean women stuck working the sex trade in China, MiddleEastern women being oppressed everywhere you look, African genital mutilation happening all the time....

...but the Anita Sarkasians of the world can kiss my hairy man ass..."OMG he said fork! that pig said fork my git repository! ....and nobody can talk trash while playing video games anymore because that is sexist! ...and how dare anyone talk to me in an elevator!?" Come talk to me when you have to enlist in the draft, go down with the ship or loose your lifes work in a divorce.

I'm all for an open society where people can do what they want, I want my daughter to be happy and successful... but don't expect the electrical industry to change it's naming conventions because male and female plugs are too sexual for you.

Is the argument "Hey, look at the awful stuff that happens over there! Don't pay any attention to what goes on here!"

Now, while many feminists are obsessed with what happens in their own sheltered world, that doesn't mean observations they make are invalid, or that the men in said sheltered world shouldn't look at some problematic shit.

The draft is such a canard. No one has been forced to fight in the USA since Vietnam. And "losing your life's work" in divorce? What, you mean alimony and child support? Last time I checked, no family court goes to your place of employment and stops you from doing whatever.

I'm pretty sure there are people here that fought in nam, there are people who lost limbs in that 'canard,' good men who wake up every other night sweating and screaming because of that 'carnard' so don't act like it's ancient history. Yeah the modern military is more about sending the poor enlisted off to die for lucrative no bid reconstruction contracts and weapons industry profits but we both know which gender is on the front lines taking fire.

My point is that I'm tired of the 'have my cake and eat it too shit.' Testosterone needs a place in the world. You want to play video games, good I want you to, they are fun...but in my house we drink soco and mountain dew and we say shit like "He ripped your taint open with that RPG!" If you don't like it then spare me your internet whining and simply stop playing Halo. The internet is essentially sexless and there is no physical component, it is the ultimate equal ground and that makes it really hard for me to believe anyone is being oppressed in WoW. You want peace and friendliness go play Farmville... shit I love Wheres My Water and that's bubble gum kids stuff...but don't go crying to twitter when you loose at Mortal Combat. You want male developers to embrace you into the fold, start by learning what Git is.

BTW, I am a developer and I've worked with ladies that have drive and talent and are very good devs, I've watched presentations by women who are better at Drupal than I am. Yet I've also known quite a few that couldn't code their way out of a paper bag and have been coasting for years...same is true of men. It's not about the equipment until someone makes it about the equipment. Amelia Earhart didn't whine about the man pilots making fun of her, she got in the fucking plane and flew.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ridethespiral's post
14-08-2013, 06:40 PM
Hi as a woman I'm going to say this, I could give two shits less about that asshat The Amazing Atheist who I havent unsubscribed to because I'm a busy person with a real life. And as for Anita, she is yet another whiny pretentious bitch who makes real makes feminist look bad. She needs to pull her head out her ass for one moment! Video Games! Our reproductive rights, rights to our own bodies and health are at stake in this country right now and she's talking about FUCKING VIDEO GAMES! I might not be able to adopt children 7 states because my blindness is seen as unfit for parenting! In several countries I can be forcibly sterilized! And this dumb broad wants to talk about video games! I would love to go see my cousins who moved to Uganda to do volunteer work, but I can't because if anyone found out I was bisexual I would be BEHEADED! And she's going on about Ledgend of Zelda! My stupid prejudice doctor tried to make do a transvaginal ultrasound for a refill on birth control, for poly-cystic ovarian syndrome. Newsflash painful stuff transvaginal ultrasound if you're a virgin, and don't need it for a refill on a perscription!
As for TJ just STFU! You obviously didn't read a single goddamn book on feminist theory like oh idk The Purity Myth. So don't go on about women's struggles like are one cuz you may have boobs but that doesn't make you a girl.
[+] 2 users Like BrokenQuill92's post
14-08-2013, 07:05 PM
[Image: 358zt8.jpg]

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Lightvader's post
15-08-2013, 03:18 AM
(14-08-2013 06:04 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  
(14-08-2013 05:35 PM)mylittlepretender Wrote:  Is the argument "Hey, look at the awful stuff that happens over there! Don't pay any attention to what goes on here!"

Now, while many feminists are obsessed with what happens in their own sheltered world, that doesn't mean observations they make are invalid, or that the men in said sheltered world shouldn't look at some problematic shit.

The draft is such a canard. No one has been forced to fight in the USA since Vietnam. And "losing your life's work" in divorce? What, you mean alimony and child support? Last time I checked, no family court goes to your place of employment and stops you from doing whatever.

I'm pretty sure there are people here that fought in nam, there are people who lost limbs in that 'canard,' good men who wake up every other night sweating and screaming because of that 'carnard' so don't act like it's ancient history. Yeah the modern military is more about sending the poor enlisted off to die for lucrative no bid reconstruction contracts and weapons industry profits but we both know which gender is on the front lines taking fire.

My point is that I'm tired of the 'have my cake and eat it too shit.' Testosterone needs a place in the world. You want to play video games, good I want you to, they are fun...but in my house we drink soco and mountain dew and we say shit like "He ripped your taint open with that RPG!" If you don't like it then spare me your internet whining and simply stop playing Halo. The internet is essentially sexless and there is no physical component, it is the ultimate equal ground and that makes it really hard for me to believe anyone is being oppressed in WoW. You want peace and friendliness go play Farmville... shit I love Wheres My Water and that's bubble gum kids stuff...but don't go crying to twitter when you loose at Mortal Combat. You want male developers to embrace you into the fold, start by learning what Git is.

BTW, I am a developer and I've worked with ladies that have drive and talent and are very good devs, I've watched presentations by women who are better at Drupal than I am. Yet I've also known quite a few that couldn't code their way out of a paper bag and have been coasting for years...same is true of men. It's not about the equipment until someone makes it about the equipment. Amelia Earhart didn't whine about the man pilots making fun of her, she got in the fucking plane and flew.
When I'm as old as you are, the draft sure as fuck will be a canard in talks of gender equality.

As for the rest of your post, I can't figure out how that inane horseshit pertains to anything.
15-08-2013, 03:34 AM
Oh, and here's the best reason for saying that the draft is a canard in discussions of feminism.

Feminism generally deals with oppression of women by men. Guess what? Wars and the draft are generally instituted by men. If anything, the draft is more an example of men suffering at the hand of patriarchy, not an example of women having it easy.
15-08-2013, 04:57 AM
(14-08-2013 01:33 PM)mylittlepretender Wrote:  I can't stand these two dumbasses. I guess the old shtick of debunking Christian apologists got old, and now they have to do something more inflammatory.

I know they have their own volition, but I just have to wonder why two prominent youtube atheists have now turned to making hay out of being antifeminist in order to get followers. What made them popular in the first place was.... you know, being atheist, not making rebuttals to Anita Sarkeesian.

I guess their audience was already full of arrogant young men, so this phase is just common sense progression.

TF and TAA are right. The people they went after are self aggrandizing narcissists.

Modern feminists and feminism for that matter has departed into some bizzarre territory, specifically most of these people appear to want to be men and want nothing to do with womanhood. They also have a seriously dysfunctional perspective on sex and view ANY kind of sexual advance from a man as tantamount to rape, which is really fucked up (no pun intended). They have a constant persecution complex and rabidly attempt to shut down any criticism of their positions, legitimate or otherwise.

The shame is, there are a lot of real issues facing women which one could focus on such as violence, inequality, etc. A guy hitting on you in an elevator at 4AM? You call THAT persecution? Try having your clitoris cut off with a razor blade - now THAT's persecution! It's just like these Christian evangelicals screaming persecution when a state adopts some GLAAD-sponsored policy.

I also think feminists are viewing the modern atheist/agnostic movement as a wellspring of new recruits and a platform to stroke their egos with. They are working hard to poison this environment in order to control the dialog, similar to what they did on college campuses. And when anyone complains they are telling the they have no RIGHT to speak out.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
15-08-2013, 05:22 AM
(14-08-2013 01:33 PM)mylittlepretender Wrote:  I can't stand these two dumbasses. I guess the old shtick of debunking Christian apologists got old, and now they have to do something more inflammatory.

I know they have their own volition, but I just have to wonder why two prominent youtube atheists have now turned to making hay out of being antifeminist in order to get followers. What made them popular in the first place was.... you know, being atheist, not making rebuttals to Anita Sarkeesian.

I guess their audience was already full of arrogant young men, so this phase is just common sense progression.

I'm going to preface this post by stating: I am only throwing this out there because;
A) I have nothing better to do.
B) The rage in the OP is so strong it is almost palpable, and makes my own Rage glands seemingly salivate at to prospect of engaging.

I, personally, know little about the feminism movement, aside from a desire for equality between men and women, a cause I can support.

I have watched several videos from both The-(NotVery)-AmazingAtheist and Thunderf00t, and I have found myself agreeing with them on a few points, given that they in those videos were picking on a few especially whiny misandrists who seem to do nothing but poison the feminism concept of equal rights, using it entirely to push their own agenda in a disguise.

However, this was roughly a year ago and I have not watched a TAA video since (cause, really, lets all admit it, he's not that entertaining and exists merely as a Shock-Jock) and I have stopped watching Thunderf00ts feminism videos; rather I stay subscribed for the occasional nugget of sciency goodness.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
15-08-2013, 07:11 AM (This post was last modified: 15-08-2013 07:22 AM by No Mere Ape.)
I'm not a big fan of either but I'm not surprised that there's mounting backlash against anti-science political ideologies such as feminism and other PC nonsense (eg: "Blank Slate"). This is also the case in academia, especially since the publication of books by once-prominent feminists exposing the current state Women's Studies programs in western countries.

If you want a brief overview, see Christine Stolba's short review for the Independent Women's Forum on these programs: (Link) Lying in a Room of One’s Own: How Women’s Studies Textbooks Miseducate Students.

If you're interested in more research, look into (Link) Professing Feminism: Cautionary Tales from the Strange World of Women's Studies and (Link) Professing Feminism: Education and Indoctrination in Women's Studies. There are some interesting chapters examining feminism's disturbing history in the two books by Prof. Howard Schwartz too: (Link) The Revolt of the Primitive: An Inquiry into the Roots of Political Correctness and (Link) Society Against Itself: Political Correctness and Organizational Self-Destruction.

If you like documentaries, see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yn3cHsHnUPM. The documentary, "Konskriget" was filmed by Swedish journalist Evin Rubar. She disguised her documentary as some sort of PSA in order to release it. She was later attacked by feminist organizations in Sweden and I believe she fled the country.

There was an effort by some ideologues to block these publications but they ended up achieving the exact opposite, resulting in the surge of scholarly investigations by a range of social scientists examining political ideologies.

For me, all ideologies, political or religious, are a source of entertainment. After many years of neurobiology, psychology and psychometry, I have come to realize that equality doesn't exist by nature, neither between individuals nor between groups — some people are just naturally better at some things than others. You cannot reform biology.

I'm very surprised that there are a lot of people in an atheist forum like this one peddling these same anti-science political nonsense.

My blog: http://nomereape.tumblr.com/
[+] 1 user Likes No Mere Ape's post
15-08-2013, 08:00 AM
(15-08-2013 04:57 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Modern feminists and feminism for that matter has departed into some bizarre territory, specifically most of these people appear to want to be men and want nothing to do with womanhood. They also have a seriously dysfunctional perspective on sex and view ANY kind of sexual advance from a man as tantamount to rape, which is really fucked up (no pun intended). They have a constant persecution complex and rabidly attempt to shut down any criticism of their positions, legitimate or otherwise.

Oh, christ. Citation needed.

If we're going to go judging people by the most visible assholes around, then I guess all Christians are Westboro and all Muslims are Salafists...

(15-08-2013 04:57 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  The shame is, there are a lot of real issues facing women which one could focus on such as violence, inequality, etc. A guy hitting on you in an elevator at 4AM? You call THAT persecution? Try having your clitoris cut off with a razor blade - now THAT's persecution! It's just like these Christian evangelicals screaming persecution when a state adopts some GLAAD-sponsored policy.

But of course! An incident where nothing happens totally obviates caring about all the times something does. And since worse things happen in other places, why care about the bad things that happen here?

Look, I know you're not that much of a jerkass, but that's how it can come across...

(15-08-2013 05:22 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I, personally, know little about the feminism movement, aside from a desire for equality between men and women, a cause I can support.

No, that pretty much covers it.

(15-08-2013 07:11 AM)No Mere Ape Wrote:  As for me, after many years of neurobiology, psychology and psychometry, I have come to realize that equality doesn't exist by nature, neither between individuals nor between groups — some people are just naturally better at some things than others. You cannot reform biology.

Years of psychology and you're citing a hardcore Freudian? Well, whatever.

Yes. No two individuals are exactly equal. The sun also rises. So what? Nobody's advocating Harrison Bergeron...

The point is to have equal opportunity. That's... not exactly how I'd characterise today's society.

(15-08-2013 07:11 AM)No Mere Ape Wrote:  I'm very surprised that there are a lot of people in an atheist forum like this one peddling these same anti-science political nonsense.

Uh, right. Anti-science political nonsense, eh? You mean besides the resident creationists? Sure, such as... who, where, and when?

As to the thread in general:
Have any of you ever taken a gender studies course? I did. It contained approximately none of the horseshit strawmanning (or is that strawwomanning Tongue) reprised in this very thread. One anecdote is not data, but it suffices to address another anecdote. I add the caveat that this was in Canada, so I don't know how it is for you crazy people in your crazy countries.

The most visible people are always the loudest assholes. The thing with feminism is that - like civil rights - conditions were so much worse even just a few decades ago that there's a lot of people (mostly the more privileged - coincidence, I'm sure) who seem to have an attitude of "well, our work here is done". That's not a particularly productive attitude.

... this is my signature!
15-08-2013, 08:04 AM (This post was last modified: 15-08-2013 08:11 AM by ridethespiral.)
Quote:Feminism generally deals with oppression of women by men. Guess what? Wars and the draft are generally instituted by men. If anything, the draft is more an example of men suffering at the hand of patriarchy, not an example of women having it easy.

You've lost it, your world view is simplistic and one dimensional. The correct term is Oligarchy. My dick does not put me in charge of ****, I don't profit off the murder of Iraqis.

You are everything wrong with modern feminism in a nutshell.

Talk about abortion rights and I will get behind you.
Talk about affordable childcare and I will get behind you.
Talk about raising the minimum wage and I will get behind you.
Talk about getting sex workers safe and off the street and I will get behind you.

...But when you go off on this men are pigs, burn the saloons and the strip clubs and nobody can talk in elevators! Not only are you minimizing the voices of real victims, but you loose me, you loose my support and you weaken your own cause.

[+] 1 user Likes ridethespiral's post