Thunderf00t and Amazing Atheist- anti-feminist douchebags

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-08-2013, 02:06 PM
RE: Thunderf00t and Amazing Atheist- anti-feminist douchebags
(15-08-2013 01:35 PM)nach_in Wrote:  HA! I knew it! that's the problem with people who has english as their second language, we tend to use it more "correctly", as in we try to go by the rules, that's why you'll rarely see us use "your" instead of "you're". But of course we make these mistakes, using weird words and contractions Tongue

I think it people's minds it gets flagged as a colloquialism, even though it's not. But that's because it tends to match spoken English more closely than a more formal register. You'll've seen me use a few somewhat odd contractions, if you're inclined to notice such things... Tongue

There are only a very few cases in which contractions are not allowed.

(15-08-2013 02:03 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  Yabbut those are two different words...

your = something that belongs to you as in "Did you take your dog for a walk today?"
you're = You are as in "You're a fucking douche nozzle!"

Yes, but that hardly stops many (native) English speakers from either not understanding or not bothering to recognize the difference!

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-08-2013, 02:28 PM
(15-08-2013 02:06 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(15-08-2013 01:35 PM)nach_in Wrote:  HA! I knew it! that's the problem with people who has english as their second language, we tend to use it more "correctly", as in we try to go by the rules, that's why you'll rarely see us use "your" instead of "you're". But of course we make these mistakes, using weird words and contractions Tongue

I think it people's minds it gets flagged as a colloquialism, even though it's not. But that's because it tends to match spoken English more closely than a more formal register. You'll've seen me use a few somewhat odd contractions, if you're inclined to notice such things... Tongue

There are only a very few cases in which contractions are not allowed.

(15-08-2013 02:03 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  Yabbut those are two different words...

your = something that belongs to you as in "Did you take your dog for a walk today?"

Yes, but that hardly stops many (native) English speakers from either not understanding or not bothering to recognize the difference!

Dude I'm native and it took me like 20 years to figure out....Stupid whole language method BS.

15-08-2013, 03:16 PM
(15-08-2013 02:03 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  

Yabbut those are two different words...

I know, that's why I use it as an example... it's like someone trying to speak learned spanish here in argentina, we have a very particular version of spanish, so while you may speak correctly, it sounds weird here. The same thing for me writing in english, maybe I'm correct but only in a technical way (with some screw ups here and there of course), but not in the common use of the language.

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
15-08-2013, 03:28 PM
I feel ya ,bro nach
got the same problem,but i'm young,i'll grow over it Tongue

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
[+] 1 user Likes Lightvader's post
15-08-2013, 04:36 PM
(15-08-2013 12:57 PM)nach_in Wrote:  
(15-08-2013 12:10 PM)eksyte Wrote:  I don't believe that's anywhere near an acceptable contraction. lol

damn, I use it all the time... damn you English and your contractions!

"There's" is a correct contraction, but you used it incorrectly - you violated verb/subject agreement in number.

It should have been "There're assholes...".

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-08-2013, 04:54 PM
(15-08-2013 04:36 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(15-08-2013 12:57 PM)nach_in Wrote:  damn, I use it all the time... damn you English and your contractions!

"There's" is a correct contraction, but you used it incorrectly - you violated verb/subject agreement in number.

It should have been "There're assholes...".

That's what I used in my post Don't confuse me Chas...

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
16-08-2013, 04:30 AM (This post was last modified: 16-08-2013 04:34 AM by No Mere Ape.)
(15-08-2013 08:00 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Years of psychology and you're citing a hardcore Freudian? Well, whatever.

Yes. No two individuals are exactly equal. The sun also rises. So what? Nobody's advocating Harrison Bergeron...

The point is to have equal opportunity. That's... not exactly how I'd characterise today's society.
Fairness =/= sameness.

Social constructivism, which drive most of our public policies, has never been about equality of opportunity. Its feminist off-shoot, the idea that "men and women are the same except for their sex organs", pushes exclusively for equality of outcome, not equality of opportunity. This is the central doctrine in feminism and this is what they advocate for.

These ideologues go to great lengths with pointless quotas and dumbed down selection processes which bypasses all filters for ability. When this doesn't work as planned, they switch to "if we can't have it, you can't have it either". For example, the Title IX law, which was implemented to protect female interests in sports domains in the United States, has undergone a "proportionality" reinterpretation by feminist campaigners. Under this madness, since the early 1980s, some ~3000 men's sports teams have been forced to disband due to campaigning from feminist organizations such as the American Association of University Women, Association for Gender Equity Leadership in Education, Association for Women in Science, Feminist Majority Foundation and several "equity offices" across the country including the Office for Civil Rights in the U.S Department of Education. The latest madness involve the ridiculous reinterpretation of harassment policies since 2011 and it's still ongoing.

Psychology is of little use on its own thanks to SSSM. Enter the neurosciences. The influences of sex hormones on prenatal brain organization, which are sex-specific, are irreversible. Postnatal hormonal influences are mostly activational effects. From molecular biology, we now know that the sexes differ at the molecular level, with sex-specific gene expression, even in the brain. As you'd expect, some manifest as male advantages, while others as female advantages. Understanding Psychometry gives you a sense of the magnitude at the upper ranks of the adult IQ curve, where men outnumber women exponentially: at IQ=130, the male:female ratio is ~3:1, at IQ=145 it's ~9:1 and at IQ=160 it's ~17:1. It's not all bright and colourful either, there are also more men at the retarded extreme too, with ~3 times more organically retarded men than women. Many of them are so functionally retarded, they cannot even sweep the streets.

To reiterate, the idea that "men and women are equal" and therefore should be represented 50/50 is not only nonsensical, it's destructive and inhuman. So make up your mind — equality of opportunity or equality of outcome?

My blog: http://nomereape.tumblr.com/
16-08-2013, 05:12 AM
This is a complex issue. To make it short though, many of today's feminists - the ones that make noise and shout... they are doing more harm than good.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
18-08-2013, 09:02 AM
TAA is funny .. But I prefer him talking on atheism. But feminists are annoying
14-04-2015, 08:27 PM
(14-08-2013 02:37 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Thunderf00t is one of my favorite youtubers and I've seen a TON of his videos.
I stand with his viewpoint 100% if not more on creationist crap, elevatorgate Rebecca Watson, donglegate Adria Richards, facts vs feminism Anita Sarkeesian
and the atheism plus BLOCK BOT <---now that is douchebaggery

TJ is an in your face loud mouth guy whom I appreciate very much.
He's not my style for video watching but his points are made quite well.

I find nothing douche baggery about any of the FACTS vs Feminism videos concerning Anita Sarkeesian.
In fact I find them well reasoned and thought provoking.

What are the issues you have with his videos ?
What is it exactly that you have a problem with ?

Are facts annoying to you ? or are they too arrogant ?
"You and your high and mighty FACTS" Hobo

I think this video explains it better than I could:

When it comes to, say youtube creationists, yeah he makes sense, but let's face it, that's some low hanging fruit there. When it comes to feminist theory, he becomes Pat Robertson and all that "critical thought" goes right out the window.

His "feminism vs facts" is ridiculous. First of all he spends half the video about prostitution and stripping when no one is attacking either... (Anita Sarkeesian doesn't say a SINGLE WORD about actual sex workers) So with whom is he "arguing?" All he's proving is he can't tell reality from video games.

Then he tries to discredit the existence of human objectification by playing stupid word games that make no sense.... what he says about the stripper and the customer, you could say about a person and a vending machine. "See once the person stops putting money in the vending machine it discards him like an object!" It's absolute rubbish that sounds sensible sort of at first, but with even the slightest amount of critical thought it falls apart.... and misses the points he's trying to counter entirely.

It's pretty clear he's just cashing in on backlash from the tropes vs women videos and he knows there are enough haters out there who will believe ANY argument no matter how ridiculous against their "villain."

If once you realize how much of a dipshit he's become it sucks, I feel for you, I loved his "why do people laugh at creationist" videos, but his Anita Sarkeesian Disorder has robbed him of any shred of credibility. What's douchey about his videos? Everything.