Thunderf00t and Amazing Atheist- anti-feminist douchebags

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-04-2015, 09:05 PM
RE: Thunderf00t and Amazing Atheist- anti-feminist douchebags

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like cactus's post
15-04-2015, 09:43 AM
(14-08-2013 01:33 PM)mylittlepretender Wrote:  I can't stand these two dumbasses. I guess the old shtick of debunking Christian apologists got old, and now they have to do something more inflammatory.

I know they have their own volition, but I just have to wonder why two prominent youtube atheists have now turned to making hay out of being antifeminist in order to get followers. What made them popular in the first place was.... you know, being atheist, not making rebuttals to Anita Sarkeesian.

I guess their audience was already full of arrogant young men, so this phase is just common sense progression.

I am not a big fan of either of those two but being an anti feminist is a big plus in my book.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
15-04-2015, 10:20 AM
While I agreed with his complaints about feminazis and video games, thunderf00t then started going off on feminism in a way that totally missed the point. I don't think he's a misogynist, I think he doesn't understand the issues of women and of feminism. Those videos made me unsubscribe from his channel. He has a right to his views, I don't have to listen to them.
15-04-2015, 10:37 AM
I never found either of them to be particularly enlightening or to have anything relevant to say in a way that was useful or stimulating or not childish.

So it is no surprise to find them to be largely incorrect and ignorant on things like feminism.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
15-04-2015, 10:47 AM
Also, I never really followed what was happening with the whole "gamer gate", but were people really surprised to learn that games are heavily marketed towards male gamers to the point of exploiting women within the game?

I mean, for fucks sake, there are no main characters in GTA that are female and you can regain health if you screw a hooker.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
16-04-2015, 08:06 AM
As much as I like Thunderf00t when he's making videos within his area of expertise I unsubscribed from his channel long ago due to a low signal to noise ratio. He lasted a lot longer than the Amazing Atheist in my subscriptions list.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.