Tiberius Caesar

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-08-2016, 10:39 PM
RE: Tiberius Caesar
(22-08-2016 10:36 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(22-08-2016 10:12 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  What is the difference between the teachings of Jesus and Buddha?

If from day one the character Jesus would have been a wise teacher like Buddha with no other baggage attached non of the subsequent hoopla would have ensued.

Claiming divinity is not the same as saying the guy had brown hair or was six feet tall, those things are irrelevant to his teachings. But no, Christians claim that he is divine so of course that’s what people will focus on.

“Look, there is Jesus, he is a wise teacher and by the way, he can also fly, walk on water, and come back from the dead...but lets just focus on his teachings for now shall we?” Seriously?
I'm sorry but you aren't making too much sense; Jesus was a wise teacher, and he didn't go around saying he was the One Creator GOD of all existence, according to scripture anyway. Also; the trinity doctrine is what attempted to establish the co-equal divinity of GOD and the Christ or the anointed of GOD though such isn't stated in scripture. It is sort-of asserted by the apostles, but the Christ never said "I am the Father". So I really don't get why you are acting like someone you apparently don't even think existed screwed up by asserting he was God, which He didn't do.

That's all.

C’mon pop, pay attention to what I wrote and NOT what you think I wrote.

I’ll repeat:
“But no, Christians claim that he is divine so of course that’s what people will focus on."

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
22-08-2016, 10:50 PM
Christ never said anything. They cooked him up. He's a figment. Get over it, and move on. What some myth said or did, or may have said or done 2000 years ago is totally irrelevant. 10,000 years from now you think humans will still be talking about some wandering preacher from the ancient Near East ?

No.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
23-08-2016, 12:39 AM
(22-08-2016 08:16 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  It isn't His divinity that Christians should be focused on when speaking to skeptics, it is the teachings and selflessness for the sake of all life.

Like when he said that slaves should obey their masters even when they are bad masters?

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
23-08-2016, 04:46 AM
(22-08-2016 10:50 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Christ never said anything. They cooked him up. He's a figment. Get over it, and move on. What some myth said or did, or may have said or done 2000 years ago is totally irrelevant. 10,000 years from now you think humans will still be talking about some wandering preacher from the ancient Near East ?

No.
They will still be talking about the Christ I think.

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk
23-08-2016, 04:47 AM
(23-08-2016 12:39 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(22-08-2016 08:16 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  It isn't His divinity that Christians should be focused on when speaking to skeptics, it is the teachings and selflessness for the sake of all life.

Like when he said that slaves should obey their masters even when they are bad masters?
Good example of selflessness.

23-08-2016, 04:59 AM
(23-08-2016 04:47 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(23-08-2016 12:39 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Like when he said that slaves should obey their masters even when they are bad masters?

If that is an example of something that you think should be emulated then you are even more depraved than I thought you were. The only moral response to injustice is to oppose it.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
23-08-2016, 05:17 AM
(23-08-2016 04:59 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(23-08-2016 04:47 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Good example of selflessness.

If that is an example of something that you think should be emulated then you are even more depraved than I thought you were. The only moral response to injustice is to oppose it.
Someone actively chose to be a smart ads, so I figured I'd play along.

People always want to bring up slavery. It was a fact of life back then, no getting around it. But being obedient to a master would have proved much less a danger than rebelling for other slaves too.

23-08-2016, 06:56 AM
(23-08-2016 05:17 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  People always want to bring up slavery. It was a fact of life back then, no getting around it

If i was god.....there would have been a way around that, be sure.

Peoples children were unruly. It was a fact of life back then, no getting around that...no wait, wasnt there an order to stone them?

Ok, people were eating shrimps. It was a fact of life back then no getting around it, they simply liked seafood...no wait..

Okok, some people are gay, It was a fact of life back then and still is, no getting around it...

Oh, well, lets see.....some women get raped, It was a fact of life back then and still is, no getting around it....

Should i go on?

P.S.: ISIS, Boko haram et al. have introduced slavery again in places under their rule? Whats your opinion about that? No way around that, eh?

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 3 users Like Deesse23's post
23-08-2016, 08:17 AM
(23-08-2016 05:17 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  People always want to bring up slavery. It was a fact of life back then, no getting around it. But being obedient to a master would have proved much less a danger than rebelling for other slaves too.

Thanks for confirming that your understanding of morality is twisted and perverse and your ability to grasp the point is nonexistent.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
23-08-2016, 08:33 AM
(23-08-2016 04:47 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(23-08-2016 12:39 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Like when he said that slaves should obey their masters even when they are bad masters?

Just when I think there may be hope for you...

A good example in this case would have been for the master to have emancipated the slaves. Think on that or a minute will ya?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post