Tiberius Caesar

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-08-2016, 09:26 AM
RE: Tiberius Caesar
(23-08-2016 05:17 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  But being obedient to a master would have proved much less a danger than rebelling for other slaves too.

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

What you you think of the war of independence of twelves british colonies? There certainly would have less bloodshed and less lives lost if they just didnt rebell, right?

What about the people in Warsaw ghetto in 1944?

What do you think of the various peasant revolts during history? They were mostly in indentured servitude or enslaved people? What would you tell them if any of them was alive to talk to you?

To quote one of the McCarthy hearings: Do you have no decency left at all?

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-08-2016, 09:40 AM
(23-08-2016 06:56 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(23-08-2016 05:17 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  People always want to bring up slavery. It was a fact of life back then, no getting around it

If i was god.....there would have been a way around that, be sure.

Peoples children were unruly. It was a fact of life back then, no getting around that...no wait, wasnt there an order to stone them?

Ok, people were eating shrimps. It was a fact of life back then no getting around it, they simply liked seafood...no wait..

Okok, some people are gay, It was a fact of life back then and still is, no getting around it...

Oh, well, lets see.....some women get raped, It was a fact of life back then and still is, no getting around it....

Should i go on?

P.S.: ISIS, Boko haram et al. have introduced slavery again in places under their rule? Whats your opinion about that? No way around that, eh?
Your going into the OT not Jesus, and as far as slavery being OK in sects of Islam; no I'm not down with that either.

Times change... Slavery is not a fact of life anymore in the same sense, though it still happens.

It is cruel, atrocious, and supports entitlement, inequality, and discrimination.

23-08-2016, 09:41 AM
(23-08-2016 08:17 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(23-08-2016 05:17 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  People always want to bring up slavery. It was a fact of life back then, no getting around it. But being obedient to a master would have proved much less a danger than rebelling for other slaves too.

Thanks for confirming that your understanding of morality is twisted and perverse and your ability to grasp the point is nonexistent.
Whatever jackass

23-08-2016, 09:43 AM
(23-08-2016 08:33 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(23-08-2016 04:47 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Good example of selflessness.

Just when I think there may be hope for you...

A good example in this case would have been for the master to have emancipated the slaves. Think on that or a minute will ya?
I agree wholly

If all abided by the command to love your neighbor as yourself then there wouldn't have been slavery in terms we consider to be slavery.

Think on that while I think on what you stated.

😀

23-08-2016, 09:44 AM
(23-08-2016 04:46 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(22-08-2016 10:50 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Christ never said anything. They cooked him up. He's a figment. Get over it, and move on. What some myth said or did, or may have said or done 2000 years ago is totally irrelevant. 10,000 years from now you think humans will still be talking about some wandering preacher from the ancient Near East ?

No.
They will still be talking about the Christ I think.

Not if present trends continue. He was not special.
The concepts presented in the gospels were not unique.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
23-08-2016, 09:47 AM
(23-08-2016 09:26 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(23-08-2016 05:17 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  But being obedient to a master would have proved much less a danger than rebelling for other slaves too.

What you you think of the war of independence of twelves british colonies? There certainly would have less bloodshed and less lives lost if they just didnt rebell, right?

What about the people in Warsaw ghetto in 1944?

What do you think of the various peasant revolts during history? They were mostly in indentured servitude or enslaved people? What would you tell them if any of them was alive to talk to you?

To quote one of the McCarthy hearings: Do you have no decency left at all?
Okay dammit...

I'm not justifying slavery in the present or the past.

I cannot speak for why it wasn't abolished by Moses or the Christ. But it isn't acceptable on any level. I can't even justify pinning my dog up, let alone slavery.

23-08-2016, 09:53 AM
(23-08-2016 09:44 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(23-08-2016 04:46 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  They will still be talking about the Christ I think.

Not if present trends continue. He was not special.
Thank you for verifying what I've been saying here for a year.

Thank you. No, really; thank you.

The Word and Will of GOD will be ever present, and eventually, by GOD's Will, all that was formed will return to IT.

23-08-2016, 10:02 AM
(23-08-2016 05:17 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(23-08-2016 04:59 AM)unfogged Wrote:  If that is an example of something that you think should be emulated then you are even more depraved than I thought you were. The only moral response to injustice is to oppose it.
Someone actively chose to be a smart ads, so I figured I'd play along.

People always want to bring up slavery. It was a fact of life back then, no getting around it. But being obedient to a master would have proved much less a danger than rebelling for other slaves too.

Accepting slavery because the alternative is more dangerous still doesn't make slavery morally right. And if god's offspring or god himself (whichever) doesn't take the opportunity to decry it's practice while he's strolling the streets of Jerusalem then that's a pretty shitty thing to do.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
23-08-2016, 10:10 AM
(23-08-2016 09:53 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(23-08-2016 09:44 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Not if present trends continue. He was not special.
Thank you for verifying what I've been saying here for a year.

Thank you. No, really; thank you.

The Word and Will of GOD will be ever present, and eventually, by GOD's Will, all that was formed will return to IT.

You've been "saying" something for a year ? Could have fooled me.
The "word and will of (a) god" is a meaningless string of words, (which ... BTW, you have never defined. A god that "has a will" is incoherent, for obvious reasons. You might consider taking a philosophy course some day.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
23-08-2016, 10:24 AM
(23-08-2016 10:02 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(23-08-2016 05:17 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Someone actively chose to be a smart ads, so I figured I'd play along.

People always want to bring up slavery. It was a fact of life back then, no getting around it. But being obedient to a master would have proved much less a danger than rebelling for other slaves too.

Accepting slavery because the alternative is more dangerous still doesn't make slavery morally right. And if god's offspring or god himself (whichever) doesn't take the opportunity to decry it's practice while he's strolling the streets of Jerusalem then that's a pretty shitty thing to do.
What don't you get about the fact that the Christ did speak out against slavery over and over and over.

There are but two commands that ALL morality stems from.

This morality is also woven in our actual making in the form of the Holy Spirit and conscience(selfless). Is it natural... Sure is, that's why I take issue with the word supernatural.

Peace