Tiberius Caesar

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-08-2016, 10:24 AM
RE: Tiberius Caesar
(23-08-2016 09:47 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Okay dammit...

I'm not justifying slavery in the present or the past.

Yes, you were!
(23-08-2016 05:17 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  People always want to bring up slavery. It was a fact of life back then, no getting around it. But being obedient to a master would have proved much less a danger than rebelling for other slaves too

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-08-2016, 10:28 AM (This post was last modified: 23-08-2016 10:37 AM by Deesse23.)
(23-08-2016 09:40 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Times change... Slavery is not a fact of life anymore in the same sense, though it still happens.

Are you trying to tell us that you are showering but not getting wet?
If it still happens, its a fact of life, now.

Now, what do you recommend to those currently enslaved people (mostly women)?

This?
(23-08-2016 05:17 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  But being obedient to a master would have proved much less a danger than rebelling for other slaves too.

Oh, and slavery doensnt *happen*. Rainy weather happens, shit happens, i happen to be frightened to death of my dentist
Slavery...doesnt *happen* at all.
It is the result of people being irrational, of people believing in shit without any good reason. Its the result of religions being divisive and telling people they are *chosen* and other people having less inherent worth. Its the result of people being so poisoned by religion that they have lost their moral compass completely (like you demonstrated in a very disturbing way in this very thread).

Its the result of people having reasonings just like you. If you were in some part of the levant or the middle east for most part of your life in the past, you would be one of them.

[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
28-08-2016, 01:41 PM
(23-08-2016 10:28 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(23-08-2016 09:40 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Times change... Slavery is not a fact of life anymore in the same sense, though it still happens.

Are you trying to tell us that you are showering but not getting wet?

This?
(23-08-2016 05:17 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  But being obedient to a master would have proved much less a danger than rebelling for other slaves too.

Oh, and slavery doensnt *happen*. Rainy weather happens, shit happens, i happen to be frightened to death of my dentist
It is the result of people being irrational, of people believing in shit without any good reason. Its the result of religions being divisive and telling people they are *chosen* and other people having less inherent worth. Its the result of people being so poisoned by religion that they have lost their moral compass completely (like you demonstrated in a very disturbing way in this very thread).

Its the result of people having reasonings just like you. If you were in some part of the levant or the middle east for most part of your life in the past, you would be one of them.
I was talking about massive slavery within the context of ancient Judaism.

Of course slaver exists today within some other contexts.

That doesn't negate the fact that the Christ nullified slavery in the commands.

How does one love even their enemy yet have the capacity to enslave any?

Answer: they don't

All the direction of the Christ leafs to letting loose of bonds, in all senses of the word.

Please.... Refute it.

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk
28-08-2016, 02:32 PM
(28-08-2016 01:41 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(23-08-2016 10:28 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Are you trying to tell us that you are showering but not getting wet?

This?

I was talking about massive slavery within the context of ancient Judaism.

Of course slaver exists today within some other contexts.

How does one love even their enemy yet have the capacity to enslave any?

All the direction of the Christ leafs to letting loose of bonds, in all senses of the word.

Please.... Refute it.

Please refute it? Allrighty, I will.

Explain this.

Now a centurion had a slave who was dear to him, who was sick and at the point of death. When he heard of Jesus, he sent to him elders of the Jews, asking him to come and heal his slave. And when they came to Jesus, they besought him earnestly, saying, “He is worthy to have you do this for him, for he loves our nation, and he built us our synagogue.” And Jesus went with them. When he was not far from the house, the centurion sent friends to him, saying to him, “Lord, do not trouble yourself, for I am not worthy to have you come under my roof; therefore I did not presume to come to you. But say the word, and let my servant be healed. For I am a man set under authority, with soldiers under me: and I say to one, ‘Go,’ and he goes; and to another, ‘Come,’ and he comes; and to my slave, ‘Do this,’ and he does it.” When Jesus heard this he marveled at him, and turned and said to the multitude that followed him, “I tell you, not even in Israel have I found such faith.” And when those who had been sent returned to the house, they found the slave well.Luke, Chapter 7, verse 2:

According to the fairy story Jesus heals the slave but makes no mention of freeing him. He is actually quite at home and comfortable with slavery and doesn't even bat an eye. As a matter of fact, Jesus is even impressed by the loyalty of the slave to his master. If he was a moral teacher, much less a god walking around this earth, he'd have freed the slave right then and there and told the centurion to take a hike.

But he didn't.......did he. Dodgy

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
28-08-2016, 02:32 PM
(28-08-2016 01:41 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I was talking about massive slavery within the context of ancient Judaism.

No you werent. Where were you?

(28-08-2016 01:41 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Of course slaver exists today within some other contexts.

No he didnt. Show us a single passage where he did.

You directly contradict yourself here by the way (as if that would matter to you...ever):
(23-08-2016 09:47 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I cannot speak for why it wasn't abolished by Moses or the Christ. But it isn't acceptable on any level. I can't even justify pinning my dog up, let alone slavery.

(28-08-2016 01:41 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  How does one love even their enemy yet have the capacity to enslave any?
You got it backwards again. Starting with your assumption (that christians mindset is to love their enemies) and conclude...reality. In real life, aka. reality it works the other way around. You observe and analyze the demonstrable facts and conclude the mindset.
According to the facts that people were enslaved....up to the 1800s:
How does one enslave your enemies and pretend to love them?
Answer: you dont (love them)

(28-08-2016 01:41 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  All the direction of the Christ leafs to letting loose of bonds, in all senses of the word.
Wow, do you even read your bible?

Luke 12:47-48:
Quote:47And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.
48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes.

Ephesians 6:5-6
Quote:5Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ;
6 Not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but as the servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart

1 Timothy 6:1-2
Quote:1Let as many servants as are under the yoke count their own masters worthy of all honour, that the name of God and his doctrine be not blasphemed.
2 And they that have believing masters, let them not despise them, because they are brethren; but rather do them service, because they are faithful and beloved, partakers of the benefit. These things teach and exhort.

Colossians 4:1
Quote:Masters, give unto your servants that which is just and equal; knowing that ye also have a Master in heaven.

I cant see any discusison of *letting loose of bonds*, much less a clear order to do so. Looks like you are making shit up as usual.

[+] 4 users Like Deesse23's post
28-08-2016, 04:18 PM
(23-08-2016 09:43 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(23-08-2016 08:33 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Just when I think there may be hope for you...

A good example in this case would have been for the master to have emancipated the slaves. Think on that or a minute will ya?
I agree wholly

If all abided by the command to love your neighbor as yourself then there wouldn't have been slavery in terms we consider to be slavery.

Think on that while I think on what you stated.

I have thought about it, tried to make sense of it and nothing, nada, zilch. I have no idea how slavery transmogrifies into non-slavery even though it’s still slavery.

You have a good heart but your worldview and religious ideas are a hodgepodge of nonsensical, bizarre, self-refuting, circular, incoherent and mostly face palming tripe.

Peace.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
29-08-2016, 05:06 AM
Every one can butch and moan all they want.

Jesus, the perfect messenger of GOD had two commands

Both of which would instantly negate slavery for any who abided by those two commands.

It's that simple.

You cannot both love others as yourself and torture them.

You cannot love GOD and not follow the narrow path, giving up want for self.

Having slaves is want for self or greed, and not being loving to your neighbor. Effectively breaking the two commands.

So no rightly guided individual would have slaves then or now.

Peace

29-08-2016, 05:10 AM
(29-08-2016 05:06 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Every one can butch and moan all they want.

Jesus, the perfect messenger of GOD had two commands

Both of which would instantly negate slavery for any who abided by those two commands.

It's that simple.

You cannot both love others as yourself and torture them.

You cannot love GOD and not follow the narrow path, giving up want for self.

Having slaves is want for self or greed, and not being loving to your neighbor. Effectively breaking the two commands.

So no rightly guided individual would have slaves then or now.

Peace

In which two command did he speak up against slavery? Verse please.

So you chose to ignore the NT, particularly?:

Luke 12:47-48:
Ephesians 6:5-6
1 Timothy 6:1-2
Colossians 4:1

29-08-2016, 05:11 AM
What the f dude... The only two commands that were given

Love God with all your being

Love your neighbor as yourself.

29-08-2016, 05:16 AM
(29-08-2016 05:06 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Every one can butch and moan all they want.

You can butch all you like as far as I'm concerned.

Quote:Jesus, the perfect messenger of GOD had two commands

We don't know with certainty that Jesus existed. We definitely don't know anything he actually said if he did exist. The NT is all hearsay.

Quote:Both of which would instantly negate slavery for any who abided by those two commands.

In your opinion and your interpretation of the text.

Quote:You cannot love GOD and not follow the narrow path, giving up want for self.

In your opinion and according to your interpretation.

Quote:Having slaves is want for self or greed, and not being loving to your neighbor. Effectively breaking the two commands.

Quote:So no rightly guided individual would have slaves then or now.

Let's have the evidence that your Jesus existed and actually said the things you claim that he said.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post