Tiberius Caesar

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-08-2016, 07:38 AM (This post was last modified: 30-08-2016 10:02 AM by Silly Deity.)
RE: Tiberius Caesar
(30-08-2016 06:28 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Yes it has been interpreted many different ways in part, but as a whole work and in likeness to similar works, it can only be competently and accurately interpreted in one way.

So.......your way is the right way? What about the other many thousands of variations of xtian belief? They're wrong are they?

And are the laws of the OT still binding or not? If not why should we pay any heed to the NT?

[Image: 28537314383_d6bc351135_z.jpg]

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Silly Deity's post
30-08-2016, 11:06 AM
(30-08-2016 06:28 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Yes it has been interpreted many different ways in part, but as a whole work and in likeness to similar works, it can only be competently and accurately interpreted in one way.

Which is exactly what the people who disagree with you say.

Quote:Sure, any can claim, nonsensically, that GOD is evil, rather than man is evil. They can take out of context and twist things to fit their motives, as humans have a great talent for such. But again, one must consider these things. It is one thing to say there is no physical evidence for GOD; it is wholly another to posit that GOD is evil. Getting off topic.... That's for another, more adequate time.

That entire rant is a non-sequitur but that's par for the course for you.

Quote:My main point is that if read along with other core scripture, the interpretation would become easier to see. As they do all agree yet are too different.

The point that continually eludes you is that what you consider "core scripture" is you cherry-picking what you think agrees with what you believe and then trying to claim that it supports you.

Quote:I agree that scripture agrees with my perception or view. This would be a given in any case, but even more so due to my particular circumstance. That experience that happened is indeed the initial test or likeness I seek out and it has helped immensely in finding what is of that singular accord, that beneficent, simple, truth that permeates all existence.

Whoops... Woo overload?

Just more of you wallowing in your personal delusion. You have no evidence for anything you believe.

Quote:Uhm...it isn't confirmation bias when it is actually true...what I speak of verifies not only what I had already been shown, but the direction of all core writings of the messengers or prophets. You can say that too is confirmation bias, just not justifiably so.

It is confirmation bias when you pick out "core scripture" and interpret it to match your beliefs.

Quote:I do thank you for nearly admitting that the interpretation I presented was better than some others, but better isn't what I am striving for; truth is.

You have not shown anything that could be interpreted as a search for what is actually true. You are only interested in confirming your fantasies.

Quote:God is not some distant separate person floating around. It is the Spirit of Life that is in all creation or existence.

That's meaningless, even for woo.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
31-08-2016, 02:52 PM
(05-04-2015 08:10 AM)Cornelia Wrote:  Something I find quite hilarious about Christians of any persuasion - Their desperation to prove the historical veracity of anything in the bible. If any of it turns out to have written or some other form of archaeological evidence it merely demonstrates that the various bible authors are not entirely devoid of the ability to write history - it certainly isn't proof of any god or his offspring.

So what if Yeshua did exist? Prove he was the son of god. A divine being. Not faith. Not belief. Actual proof.

Whether the existence of any other historical personality can be proved conclusively has absolutely no relevance to the claims of divinity made for Jesus.

Cornelia? Interesting name in a thread about the Julio Claudians..... Consider

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
31-08-2016, 03:40 PM
Let me get this straight. A thread entitled Tiberius Caesar regarding whether or not he existed turns into a thread regarding Jesus' teachings. A post I clearly recall writing about Tiberius, the subject, seems to have disappeared?

So what is this thread about? The topic in the OP or the spanner Pop's threw into the works?

I will happily talk about Tiberius all day.

[Image: CAESAR+TIBERIUS.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
31-08-2016, 04:43 PM
Tiberius was cool. Beats the shit out of fucking jesus, anyway.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
31-08-2016, 05:13 PM
(31-08-2016 04:43 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Tiberius was cool. Beats the shit out of fucking jesus, anyway.

Well if you ignore the gossip about his minnows and crap like that.

His biggest mistake was placing his trust in Sejanus. The crimes committed by Sejanus while Tiberius was oblivious on Capri were horrid. Of course Sejanus trying to weasel his way into the imperial family eventually got the scoundrel executed.

Tiberius was not the autocrat his adoptive father, Augustus was. He was in general a very popular emperor. A magnificent general who calmed the Rhine after his brother, the great Germanicus, died. His soldiers loved him because he lived as one of them. Much like Germanicus had.

Sadly as he aged he became disillusioned with power and life in Rome. Cynical may be a good description of the aged man. Overly superstitious and cruel in his power. Often having those who displeased him thrown off the cliff on a whim.

Sadly he left a lunatic in charge, Gaius Caesar, when he died.

The fact that the Julio Claudians existed cannot be denied. We even have Hadrian's rebuilt Temple of Marcus Agrippa that can be seen today. Agrippa being the great friend of Augustus.

The archeology cannot be denied. Many likenesses of Tiberius exist.

[Image: 928436.jpg]

The image of the Christ known today is actually taken from Zeus. The giant statue designed by Phidias. The giant statue at Olympia. Most homes had miniatures of this image. It was later stolen by the xians because it was so well known already throughout the empire. The great statue with its golden hair and beard, sadly destroyed in a Byzantine riot.

We have so many likenesses of Tiberius that resemble each other it is hard to deny they are of the man.

Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post