Tick tock

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-03-2013, 03:16 PM (This post was last modified: 29-03-2013 03:20 PM by Adenosis.)
Tick tock
I'm just watching the seconds of my life tick by, doing nothing very productive, have some bad habbits that I'm trying to quit. There is one habbit that seems impossible to quit. It's incredible how difficult it is to change an aspect of your life when it's been that way for several years.

I've become rather obsessed with time lately, if you haven't noticed my signature is the amount of time, in seconds, of life and of consciousness for the average lifespan.

I got a xanax prescription lately, I call it my people pills. I get pulled out of my head and out into the external world when I take them, basically a massive decrease in anxiety. I like that aspect, being able to talk to people much more easily. But when I take it I think a lot less, which is probably why I lose the anxiety. Any way, it's nice but I hate thinking less. Idk.

I'm rambling.

Has anyone else had benzo prescriptions? How did you feel about them?

I want a fMRI.

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-03-2013, 03:22 PM
RE: Tick tock
Just sending hugs. My friend recently was prescribed Xanax...she swears by it.

Not sure why I'm mentioning it...except it's the second time today..

Every year is getting shorter never seem to find the time.
Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines. Breathe; Pink Floyd

29-03-2013, 03:35 PM
(29-03-2013 03:16 PM)Adenosis Wrote:  I'm just watching the seconds of my life tick by, doing nothing very productive, have some bad habbits that I'm trying to quit. There is one habbit that seems impossible to quit. It's incredible how difficult it is to change an aspect of your life when it's been that way for several years.

I've become rather obsessed with time lately, if you haven't noticed my signature is the amount of time, in seconds, of life and of consciousness for the average lifespan.

I got a xanax prescription lately, I call it my people pills. I get pulled out of my head and out into the external world when I take them, basically a massive decrease in anxiety. I like that aspect, being able to talk to people much more easily. But when I take it I think a lot less, which is probably why I lose the anxiety. Any way, it's nice but I hate thinking less. Idk.

I'm rambling.

Has anyone else had benzo prescriptions? How did you feel about them?

I want a fMRI.

You think you're obsessed with time. Sheesh.

[Image: Chronos.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
29-03-2013, 03:51 PM
(29-03-2013 03:35 PM)Chas Wrote:  You think you're obsessed with time. Sheesh.

Magnificent watches. Thumbsup

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
29-03-2013, 03:55 PM (This post was last modified: 29-03-2013 04:01 PM by Adenosis.)
(29-03-2013 03:22 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Just sending hugs. My friend recently was prescribed Xanax...she swears by it.

Not sure why I'm mentioning it...except it's the second time today..

What if any changes have you noticed in her behaviour?

(29-03-2013 03:35 PM)Chas Wrote:  You think you're obsessed with time. Sheesh.

I can't decide which one I like best.

I need to buy a watch, I just cant seem to find one I like on me.

But yeah, slightly obsessed with time.

29-03-2013, 04:08 PM (This post was last modified: 29-03-2013 04:14 PM by kim.)
Dodgy

You are twenty years old... you need to do that over again at least one more time; then and only then, will you have earned the right to legally take drugs like Xanax.

Until then, you need to be getting your drugs out on the streets like the rest of us did growing up. Hell, some of us still do! Go out, find some people, smoke some pot, see the world, and report back so that others may live vicariously through your exploits.

Oh, and if it's raining out, just chill and read something - Alan Watts is probably still pretty good - This Is It The Wisdom of Insecurity... mmmyea... Consider might be best to start with something you don't have to drop acid with as a companion exercise.

Time is just time; it takes care of itself. As should you. Now, go do something stupid. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
29-03-2013, 04:28 PM
(29-03-2013 04:08 PM)kim Wrote:  Until then, you need to be getting your drugs out on the streets like the rest of us did growing up. Hell, some of us still do! Go out, find some people, smoke some pot, see the world, and report back so that others may live vicariously through your exploits.

Time is just time; it takes care of itself. As should you. Now, go do something stupid. Drinking Beverage

That's ironic. Smoking is one of those bad habits I mentioned.

The universe takes care of itself too, but we still prod and probe it. Time is the only reason we perceive anything, it seems a worthy subject for deep thought. Time being relative gives the concept a new dimension, makes it even more worthy of inquiry. I've been memorizing the metric prefixes lately, brushing up on high school math (I've been planning to go to uni for math/physics), and spending a lot of time trying to grasp different time scales.

29-03-2013, 04:35 PM
Uh huh. Shy

Ok, don't smoke pot. Just be sure to send me what you have left.

Alan Watts. The Wisdom of Insecurity. I don't think I need to repeat this again... unless you just smoked a bowl. Then I'll just envy you while I'm at work. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
29-03-2013, 04:38 PM
(29-03-2013 03:16 PM)Adenosis Wrote:  I've become rather obsessed with time lately, if you haven't noticed my signature is the amount of time, in seconds, of life and of consciousness for the average lifespan.

Adenosis, is it that you are feeling that time is running out? How exactly are you obsessing about time?

BTW, today happens to be the 104th birthday of a man I know, use that as perspective!

"Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's."- Mark Twain in Eruption
29-03-2013, 04:39 PM
(29-03-2013 04:35 PM)kim Wrote:  Uh huh. Shy

Ok, don't smoke pot. Just be sure to send me what you have left.

Alan Watts. The Wisdom of Insecurity. I don't think I need to repeat this again... unless you just smoked a bowl. Then I'll just envy you while I'm at work. Dodgy

I'm trying to stop.

I'll just say that's certainly not an impossibility.