Tidings from North Dakota :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-09-2012, 01:54 AM
Tidings from North Dakota :)
Hello everyone Drinking Beverage My name is Bryce, I am a 16 year old living in North Dakota. Amidst my hormone packed high school activities I like to indulge in books about the universe, religions and generally anything science. I took a particular liking to a fellow some may know as Christopher Hitchens. Bowing

I'm the only atheist in my school as far as I know, which I don't mind. The internet more than solves that problem. Being the only atheist (Or just being an atheist for that matter) can have it's challenges but unlike the stories I hear from the south it doesn't tend to be too big of an issue, and it helps define me as an individual.

I'm excited to be apart of a community of people who I assume to be intellectuals and look forward to the future discussions that will take place!

Cheers Thumbsup
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2012, 03:33 AM
RE: Tidings from North Dakota :)
(12-09-2012 01:54 AM)Bryce Wrote:  I'm excited to be apart of a community of people who I assume to be intellectuals and look forward to the future discussions that will take place!

... Yup yup that describe Ug Smile Welcome.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
12-09-2012, 03:45 AM
(12-09-2012 01:54 AM)Bryce Wrote:  I'm excited to be apart of a community of people who I assume to be intellectuals and look forward to the future discussions that will take place!

Mmmmm, "intellectual" may take it a bit too far in certain cases. We'll just stick with "correct" for now. Wink

Welcome!
[+] 3 users Like rook2004's post
12-09-2012, 04:46 AM
Hey, Bryce. Welcome to TTA!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
12-09-2012, 06:33 AM
(12-09-2012 01:54 AM)Bryce Wrote:  but unlike the stories I hear from the south it doesn't tend to be too big of an issue, and it helps define me as an individual.

I'm excited to be apart of a community of people who I assume to be intellectuals and look forward to the future discussions that will take place!

Cheers Thumbsup

I don't hear too many stories about South Dakota. Tongue My uncles hunt there, but they never talk about the native's religious beliefs. One of my cousins goes to school in Fargo, (I think ??). Nice place, up there. Anyhoo...welcome to the nuthouse.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

12-09-2012, 07:03 AM
Howdy!

[Image: opforum1.png]
12-09-2012, 07:13 AM
Welcome!

Lots of more teens.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
12-09-2012, 07:16 AM
Sweet! Another teenager. We're going to take over the world. Angel

[Image: pBvowKv.gif]
12-09-2012, 07:17 AM
(12-09-2012 07:13 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Welcome!

Lots of more teens.

Welcome!

KC - I was noticing the same thing! Seems that many of the new members are teenagers. Bodes well for the doom of religion Wink

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Seasbury's post
12-09-2012, 09:17 AM
Welcome aboard Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume