Tiger Woods: On any other Weekend

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-08-2013, 03:07 PM
RE: Tiger Woods: On any other Weekend
This week Tiger plays in another Major: The PGA Championship at Oak Hill. Although Tiger just finished blowing away the field last week in the WGC Invitational last week for his fifth win this year, this week will be different.

The Rough at Oak Hill will be ROUGH like a jungle. The Greens will be HARD and TILTED: they will not be polite little lap dogs like at the WGC. The Competition will be fierce - everyone is going to show up and play like there is no tomorrow.

I don't see Tiger winning - not with this much pressure and on so demanding a course. The more I watch Tiger, the more I realize that he's the ultimate Front Runner. Tiger can blow away the field when all things are suit him just right, but he bogs down when things get tough. This season, Woods has won at Torrey Pines, Doral, Bay Hill, TPC Sawgrass and Firestone - all tame courses where he's previously won before and has down cold. He's only played Oak Hill once back in '03 (during his peak) and didn't do so well.

Let's watch and see.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2013, 04:18 PM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2013 04:49 PM by Bucky Ball.)
Was nice to see him win again.

I'm good at Wii golf. Does that count ?
Freakin two little lesbians come out and keep beating me at the highest level of Wii tennis. I'm a squeek away from 2400. Damn.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

23-08-2013, 07:13 PM
For those of you who haven't been watching Tiger has won 5 tournaments this year. 3 were WGC events comprised of almost all top 50 golfers in the world and another was the Players which had every in the top 50. Everyone he's competed against in majors he's beaten the brakes off of in other events. Noone can win every tournament they play. Next year if he wins 2 majors and 2 regular tournaments instead of 5 regular you'll be singing a different tune. He just beat the right people on the wrong weekend. And let's not act like he's playing bad in majors. He's top 5 or top 10 in every tournament he plays.

And in the future I'd appreciated if you'd shut your mouth when talking about the GOAT Tiger Woods.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
25-08-2013, 01:59 PM
(23-08-2013 07:13 PM)germanyt Wrote:  For those of you who haven't been watching Tiger has won 5 tournaments this year. 3 were WGC events comprised of almost all top 50 golfers in the world and another was the Players which had every in the top 50. Everyone he's competed against in majors he's beaten the brakes off of in other events. Noone can win every tournament they play. Next year if he wins 2 majors and 2 regular tournaments instead of 5 regular you'll be singing a different tune. He just beat the right people on the wrong weekend. And let's not act like he's playing bad in majors. He's top 5 or top 10 in every tournament he plays.

And in the future I'd appreciated if you'd shut your mouth when talking about the GOAT Tiger Woods.

Yeah...but Tiger can't win the majors. He'll never catch Jack Nicklaus.