Tiktaalik and the Creationist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-03-2014, 04:37 PM
RE: Tiktaalik and the Creationist
(01-03-2014 02:38 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Creationists are idiots who listen to their minister rather than read their Bible. Dodgy

I can applaud your efforts, PF, but my faith is lacking. If they cannot parse their own text, surely a scientific discourse is outside the realm of possibility.

Thank you cantor. I do think my efforts may work, but only if the creationist realize the creationist leaders will never be honest.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
01-03-2014, 07:19 PM
(01-03-2014 04:31 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 04:01 PM)alpha male Wrote:  I'm sure you would like to add that, but you need to support it. What fins are you talking about, anyway?

If you mean add it to my op then no, this deals with tiktaalik only. When i mentioned the other fish they were all ray fined modern fish. And fins like fish fins. The animal was said to have fins more primitive then tiktaalik.
The link I gave is not about fish, it's about tetrapods with legs and feet, not fins, 10 million years earlier than tiktaalik.
01-03-2014, 08:28 PM
(01-03-2014 07:19 PM)alpha male Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 04:31 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  If you mean add it to my op then no, this deals with tiktaalik only. When i mentioned the other fish they were all ray fined modern fish. And fins like fish fins. The animal was said to have fins more primitive then tiktaalik.
The link I gave is not about fish, it's about tetrapods with legs and feet, not fins, 10 million years earlier than tiktaalik.

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. That is one paper, and not everyone agrees with its conclusions.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-03-2014, 03:40 AM
(01-03-2014 08:28 PM)Chas Wrote:  Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. That is one paper,
From a leading peer-reviewed journal. Funny how atheists tend to consider peer review to be the gold standard of knowledge, unless it approves something which they find inconvenient.
Quote:and not everyone agrees with its conclusions.
Rather, one person said it's difficult to interpret tracks "with full confidence." He apparently wasn't disagreeing with the findings in this report, as it hadn't been published yet: "...the study, to be published tomorrow in the journal Nature."
02-03-2014, 05:57 AM
(02-03-2014 03:40 AM)alpha male Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 08:28 PM)Chas Wrote:  Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. That is one paper,
From a leading peer-reviewed journal. Funny how atheists tend to consider peer review to be the gold standard of knowledge, unless it approves something which they find inconvenient.
Quote:and not everyone agrees with its conclusions.
Rather, one person said it's difficult to interpret tracks "with full confidence." He apparently wasn't disagreeing with the findings in this report, as it hadn't been published yet: "...the study, to be published tomorrow in the journal Nature."

Ya but if it is difficult to identify the tracks then why would you try to show this around, its better to wait until we have a conclusive answer. Also the tetrapod is more primitive then tiktaalik.

02-03-2014, 09:58 AM
(02-03-2014 05:57 AM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Ya but if it is difficult to identify the tracks then why would you try to show this around, its better to wait until we have a conclusive answer.
The tracks were identifiable, otherwise the study wouldn't have made it into a peer-reviewed journal. One man who hadn't seen the study saying that tracks can be difficult to identify doesn't overrule the peer reviewed journal.
Quote:Also the tetrapod is more primitive then tiktaalik.
The tetrapod is older than tiktaalik. From an evolutionary view, tiktaalik is more primitive than the tetrapod, as tiktaalik is supposedly an evolutionary forerunner to tetrapods. At this point I have to ask if you're trolling or just stupid?
02-03-2014, 02:00 PM
The tetrapod is older than tiktaalik. From an evolutionary view, tiktaalik is more primitive than the tetrapod, as tiktaalik is supposedly an evolutionary forerunner to tetrapods. At this point I have to ask if you're trolling or just stupid?
[/quote]

" Has a distinct manus(hand) and pes(foot) prints of somewhat different size arranged in diagonal stride sequence. The animal is moving in a straight line and is not leaving a body drag. The prints are circular without digit impressions or displacement rims. A single,slightly larger print on the same slab shows a strong posterior displacement rim with digit marks."
You only read the abstract did you? You also said i was stupid as well, but i read the paper and you read the abstract. If you did you would know that was said. Don't call me stupid if you are going to lie and expect us to not research into this, why are not creationist we look into claims that people make.

Look up the pdf of this paper from nature.

02-03-2014, 03:00 PM
(02-03-2014 02:00 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Has a distinct manus(hand) and pes(foot) prints of somewhat different size arranged in diagonal stride sequence. The animal is moving in a straight line and is not leaving a body drag. The prints are circular without digit impressions or displacement rims. A single,slightly larger print on the same slab shows a strong posterior displacement rim with digit marks."
You only read the abstract did you? You also said i was stupid as well, but i read the paper and you read the abstract. If you did you would know that was said. Don't call me stupid if you are going to lie and expect us to not research into this, why are not creationist we look into claims that people make.

Look up the pdf of this paper from nature.
You sound serious, so I guess you're stupid rather than trolling. I think everyone else understands that a supposed transitional form to tetrapods is more primitive than a fully formed tetrapod.
02-03-2014, 03:10 PM

02-03-2014, 03:14 PM
You sound serious, so I guess you're stupid rather than trolling. I think everyone else understands that a supposed transitional form to tetrapods is more primitive than a fully formed tetrapod.
[/quote]

Ya thats how it is supposed to be like that. So your point is?