Tim Thomas refuses to visit White House

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-01-2012, 08:31 PM
Tim Thomas refuses to visit White House
Not sure how many hockey fans there are here, but I wanted to see what opinions people had on what happened today.

Today was the annual visit of the Stanley Cup Champions to the White House to have the President congratulate them on their victory. It went the same as normal for the most part except for the fact the goalie of the Boston Bruins, Tim Thomas, refused to go because of his political views.

He is also the only American player on the team and I think it was pretty selfish of him to put himself in front of the team as a whole. Besides, is it really that hard to just go to the White House and shake Obama's hand?

A link to the story

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=385861

James 1:27
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world"

"Atheists express their rage against God although in their view He does not exist." C.S. Lewis
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-01-2012, 08:34 PM
RE: Tim Thomas refuses to visit White House
Even as someone who used to be a flaming conservative, I can't imagine ever refusing an invitation to the White House. My pappy taught me to be respectful of the position even if you don't care for the person in that position. I think this is even more true when you're talking about POTUS. Who cares what his politics, he's the damned POTUS...shake his hand, you prick.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
23-01-2012, 11:22 PM
(23-01-2012 08:34 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Even as someone who used to be a flaming conservative, I can't imagine ever refusing an invitation to the White House. My pappy taught me to be respectful of the position even if you don't care for the person in that position. I think this is even more true when you're talking about POTUS. Who cares what his politics, he's the damned POTUS...shake his hand, you prick.

Yeah, both of those - team spirit and respect.
If it was Congress, then no - they don't deserve any respect, they done throwed it all away.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
23-01-2012, 11:44 PM
Like religion, politics has a tendency to divide the masses... But I admire a person that can put aside his beliefs and differences to share in both celebration and failure. It's only human...

"I feel like the weight of the world has been lifted from my shoulders...
Thanks for getting off my back!"
-
Arcticspear Idea