Time

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-05-2012, 09:58 PM
Time
Once upon a time I was supposed to be Prophet of the End of Time. I scrapped alla them capitals; for one I didn't need 'em, for two I did the job. Time is entropy, job done, time/ended. Big Grin

I have a tendency to help myself to scientific paradigms and twist 'em to my own nefarious philosophical purpose, like Godel's Incompleteness. No system is self-sufficient, consistent, and internally complete. That means I. So whenever Theist goes on about God, it's like Godel is violated. Can't have that. Big Grin

But it took a lifetime to say a handful of simple shit like I love my Gwynnies, love is void, time is entropy, geometry and evolution... but it's like fundamental theory that could be made even more fundamental. Like if I ain't running my neck, I might be off somewherez knowing all this stuff... you may not see me again. Big Grin

What I mean to say, taking the step from zero to one, seems to be the only step in reality. Knowing nothing to knowing something, knowing something to knowing something else, but once from the void it is assumed past. Nah, man, that just ain't happening.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
06-05-2012, 10:58 PM
RE: Time
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. -Lao-Tzu, Chinese philosopher (604 BC - 531 BC)

So, in the middle it's still just that one step? Big Grin Keep loving the Gwynnies!
Find all posts by this user
06-05-2012, 11:06 PM
Stephen Hawking was fun to listen to talk about time and the big bang in regards to everything being so small, so dense, that time itself did not exist before the big bang. It's always interesting to ponder about that. You think about a black hole being so dense that time can't exist, and then consider what the density of something such as the big bang and it's hard to wrap your head around it.

You know what else is interesting? Time varies depending on the influence from the density of an object/gravity... so if that's the case, time isn't the same almost anywhere in the universe because it would differ slightly... on the moon... on earth.. on the sun... on pluto... and a black hole.
[+] 3 users Like Logisch's post
06-05-2012, 11:25 PM
(06-05-2012 11:06 PM)Logisch Wrote:  It's always interesting to ponder about that.

Pondering takes time. There is no increase in information without an increase in entropy. Ergo, QED.

(06-05-2012 11:06 PM)Logisch Wrote:  time isn't the same almost anywhere in the universe

Everything that has a heart has a billion and a half heartbeats of life. Ergo, QED.

(I'm stuck on that QED thingy today. Big Grin)

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-05-2012, 03:51 AM
The Earth was formed approx 4 billion years ago and we are here today....... exchanging symbols on liquid screens through a system of 0s and 1s.

That wasnt the beggining of our journey though as others have stated that everything is formed from "stardust" that suns had to die to make us appear here.

Could that be the beggining or do we need to look further back???

Everything decays (how I percieve that humans see time)......... Huge asteroids flying through space with huge "tails"..... will eventually decay. Our planet will eventually move further towards the sun making it uninhabitable........ and our sun will eventualy die out.

Is this a beggining or an end???

So depending on different factors like position in space.....mass.... gravity..... I can see how time can be percieved to be either going fast or slow as the only thing we have to mesuare "time" is point A to point B.

We become self aware.... later we learn about death.... we begin to mesuare everything by our own existence, but what about NOW!!!!

NOW!!!! this moment where you realise you are alive and the moment that never ends whilst you exist...... How when we reflect we look through a kaliedoscope of NOW events that have shaped our lives. That this NOW has actually never stopped we just slept in between.

Time.........Pffft Angel

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
07-05-2012, 04:39 AM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2012 04:43 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(07-05-2012 03:51 AM)bemore Wrote:  The Earth was formed approx 4 billion years ago and we are here today....... exchanging symbols on liquid screens through a system of 0s and 1s.

So depending on different factors like position in space.....mass.... gravity..... I can see how time can be percieved to be either going fast or slow as the only thing we have to mesuare "time" is point A to point B.

We become self aware.... later we learn about death.... we begin to mesuare everything by our own existence, but what about NOW!!!!

NOW!!!! this moment where you realise you are alive and the moment that never ends whilst you exist...... How when we reflect we look through a kaliedoscope of NOW events that have shaped our lives. That this NOW has actually never stopped we just slept in between.

Time.........Pffft Angel

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annus_Mirab...relativity
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_relativity
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Predictions...y_Kurzweil
http://www.kurzweilai.net/the-law-of-acc...ng-returns

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
07-05-2012, 04:59 AM
(07-05-2012 04:39 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(07-05-2012 03:51 AM)bemore Wrote:  The Earth was formed approx 4 billion years ago and we are here today....... exchanging symbols on liquid screens through a system of 0s and 1s.

Time.........Pffft Angel

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annus_Mirab...relativity
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_relativity
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Predictions...y_Kurzweil
http://www.kurzweilai.net/the-law-of-acc...ng-returns

I like the direction your looking Smile

(no time pun intended Smile )

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
07-05-2012, 05:04 AM
Just as was beginning to think that I was starting to understand HoC's mysterious ways (his wonders to behold)...
sigh!
Shannow... HELP!

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
07-05-2012, 04:59 PM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2012 05:04 PM by GirlyMan.)
(07-05-2012 05:04 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Just as was beginning to think that I was starting to understand HoC's mysterious ways (his wonders to behold)...
sigh!
Shannow... HELP!

Just roll with it DLJ. It helps if you realize early on that he's from the House of Cantor and his lineage conjured the diagonalisation argument. Wink ... Of course old Georg himself was also completely bonkers. Consider

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
07-05-2012, 07:31 PM
(07-05-2012 04:59 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(07-05-2012 05:04 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Just as was beginning to think that I was starting to understand HoC's mysterious ways (his wonders to behold)...
sigh!
Shannow... HELP!

Just roll with it DLJ. It helps if you realize early on that he's from the House of Cantor and his lineage conjured the diagonalisation argument. Wink ... Of course old Georg himself was also completely bonkers. Consider

Hard to roll with it.

I felt, with Shannow's Forum Visualisations, that I had reached an understanding, an epiphany... choirs of angels were singing in my head... I felt completely in touch with the universe... like I had opened the door to spiritual realm ... and that realm was a place where I knew I could love... and be loved!

Could this be why theists get angry with atheists when they are pulled back to the mundanity of reality?

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post