Time

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-09-2012, 03:58 PM
RE: Time
(30-09-2012 03:56 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(30-09-2012 03:40 PM)Chas Wrote:  That's not what you asked. The perception of time has no causal effect on time.

We perceive the passage of time just as we perceive extent of 3-space.

Is it possible to perceive real time?

If the perception of time has no causal relation to real time, then why are the perceptions of time and the tools used to perceive such as the ones used in quantum mechanics used as representations of real time?

Planck time. This fucking guy.... Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-09-2012, 04:06 PM
(30-09-2012 03:56 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(30-09-2012 03:40 PM)Chas Wrote:  That's not what you asked. The perception of time has no causal effect on time.

We perceive the passage of time just as we perceive extent of 3-space.

Is it possible to perceive real time?

If the perception of time has no causal relation to real time, then why are the perceptions of time and the tools used to perceive such as the ones used in quantum mechanics used as representations of real time?

We perceive time just as we perceive distance; your question is a non sequitur to what either Bucky or I have said.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
30-09-2012, 05:41 PM
(30-09-2012 04:06 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(30-09-2012 03:56 PM)I and I Wrote:  Is it possible to perceive real time?

We perceive time just as we perceive distance; your question is a non sequitur to what either Bucky or I have said.

I agree with that statement and I would add that distance is not a "thing" that exists outside the human mind, distance is the concept with which we use to say "the chair is over here on the left and the table is on the right" What we call distance or time is used in correlation of real objects and events in the world. If we had not concept of distance than we wouldn't have survived as a species but distance like time is not some external independent entity/property/dimension.

Has anyone here ever heard of Immanuel Kant, Rene Descartes, Hegel, Heidegger, Deleuze?

Oh and why can't you answer whether or not it's possible to perceive "real time"?

It's like arguing with the theists "oh so you mean you can't experience god but you KNOW he exists"? what the fuck?
Find all posts by this user
30-09-2012, 05:48 PM
(30-09-2012 05:41 PM)I and I Wrote:  It's like arguing with the theists "oh so you mean you can't experience god but you KNOW he exists"? what the fuck?

You are like arguing with a name-dropping theist, who can do nothing, but think in terms of their Bible, and it few books.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
30-09-2012, 05:55 PM
This fucking guy... Big Grin

Your parents have any children that lived? Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
30-09-2012, 06:11 PM
(30-09-2012 05:48 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(30-09-2012 05:41 PM)I and I Wrote:  It's like arguing with the theists "oh so you mean you can't experience god but you KNOW he exists"? what the fuck?

You are like arguing with a name-dropping theist, who can do nothing, but think in terms of their Bible, and it few books.

I love it, quantum mechanics says "time exists....but you can't perceive it" just like theists say "god exists but you can't perceive it"

It exists and they admit they can't perceive it......very nice.
30-09-2012, 06:26 PM
(30-09-2012 06:11 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(30-09-2012 05:48 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You are like arguing with a name-dropping theist, who can do nothing, but think in terms of their Bible, and it few books.

I love it, quantum mechanics says "time exists....but you can't perceive it" just like theists say "god exists but you can't perceive it"

Your attention span is that of a slug. Perception is not detection. Troll.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
30-09-2012, 07:03 PM
(30-09-2012 06:26 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(30-09-2012 06:11 PM)I and I Wrote:  I love it, quantum mechanics says "time exists....but you can't perceive it" just like theists say "god exists but you can't perceive it"

Your attention span is that of a slug. Perception is not detection. Troll.

Your quantum religion is a joke.

Can you sense "real time"? You are so sure that it exists..... your buddy already said that there is no causal relation between perceived time and real time so how do you sense real time without perceiving it?
30-09-2012, 07:07 PM
(30-09-2012 07:03 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(30-09-2012 06:26 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Your attention span is that of a slug. Perception is not detection. Troll.

Your quantum religion is a joke.

Can you sense "real time"? You are so sure that it exists..... your buddy already said that there is no causal relation between perceived time and real time so how do you sense real time without perceiving it?

No, I didn't say that. I answered your apparently badly worded question.

You persist in saying we can't perceive time or space, yet we do.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
30-09-2012, 07:12 PM
Time
(30-09-2012 07:07 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(30-09-2012 07:03 PM)I and I Wrote:  Your quantum religion is a joke.

No, I didn't say that. I answered your apparently badly worded question.

You persist in saying we can't perceive time or space, yet we do.

Not if you're smoking really good weed.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel