Time

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-09-2012, 02:13 AM
RE: Time
(28-09-2012 02:02 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(28-09-2012 01:49 AM)I and I Wrote:  no, I am not saying that objects or events don't happen without a human observer, I am saying that time is a concept which means it needs a human mind.

That what the bleep documentary...your thoughts.

Time is a "concept in a human mind". That's not all it is.

How is time not a concept that needs human minds?

oh yeah...that what the bleep documentary...what do you think about that?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-09-2012, 03:19 AM (This post was last modified: 28-09-2012 03:31 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(28-09-2012 02:13 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(28-09-2012 02:02 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Time is a "concept in a human mind". That's not all it is.

How is time not a concept that needs human minds?

oh yeah...that what the bleep documentary...what do you think about that?

Troll
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
28-09-2012, 05:01 AM
What the bleep is full of bleep. It is good as entertainment, as an introduction to some non-intuitive concepts, but the conclusions it makes are unwarranted by the science.

As for "prophet school," Bucky, you hafta be nucking futs. I see relevance here as processing simultaneity is core curriculum. Oh, that and the arrogance to imagine standing before the creator of the universe, but I think you got that one. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
29-09-2012, 10:39 PM
(28-09-2012 02:02 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(28-09-2012 01:49 AM)I and I Wrote:  no, I am not saying that objects or events don't happen without a human observer, I am saying that time is a concept which means it needs a human mind.

That what the bleep documentary...your thoughts.

Time is a "concept in a human mind". That's not all it is.

What else is it? If time is an entity or property that is independent of human consciousness then which of the 5 senses do we use to sense time? We know objects exist because we experience them through our senses from the outside world. Explain how humans come to sense time if it is a property independent of human consciousness.
29-09-2012, 10:54 PM
(29-09-2012 10:39 PM)I and I Wrote:  What else is it?

Man, yer just stuck on stupid, huh? The Buckster done tole you entropy. Perhaps an illustration will help:

[Image: B7AEA636-7A5F-4398-A732-8DBC4AA5C4BF-149...F0424E.jpg]

Stick yer hand in there. Tell me what time it is. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
29-09-2012, 11:14 PM (This post was last modified: 29-09-2012 11:22 PM by fstratzero.)
Equivocation fallacy right off the bat.

Philosophy can have a theory, so can science.

But they way they use that word is incredibly different, and can not be compared.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/theory

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
29-09-2012, 11:54 PM
(29-09-2012 10:39 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(28-09-2012 02:02 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Time is a "concept in a human mind". That's not all it is.

What else is it? If time is an entity or property that is independent of human consciousness then which of the 5 senses do we use to sense time? We know objects exist because we experience them through our senses from the outside world. Explain how humans come to sense time if it is a property independent of human consciousness.

Eyes, ears, taste, smell, touch.
Independent from, or apart from, or separate from consciousness, does not mean "non-detectable", or "un-detectable". If it did, as I already told you, anything you cannot see, taste, touch, smell, or hear, RIGHT now, would not exist.

I still think you're just attention -seeking, and being perverse. It's like my little brother when he was two, saying "but why, but why, but why, but why".
Lamo

Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
30-09-2012, 08:06 AM
(29-09-2012 11:54 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(29-09-2012 10:39 PM)I and I Wrote:  What else is it? If time is an entity or property that is independent of human consciousness then which of the 5 senses do we use to sense time? We know objects exist because we experience them through our senses from the outside world. Explain how humans come to sense time if it is a property independent of human consciousness.

Eyes, ears, taste, smell, touch.
Independent from, or apart from, or separate from consciousness, does not mean "non-detectable", or "un-detectable". If it did, as I already told you, anything you cannot see, taste, touch, smell, or hear, RIGHT now, would not exist.

I still think you're just attention -seeking, and being perverse. It's like my little brother when he was two, saying "but why, but why, but why, but why".
Lamo

nice that you finally admit that time cannot be sense by the 5 senses. And no, we don't have to sense something RIGHT NOW to know if it exists or not.

Since we have a mind, we can guess or remember what something might be like to the senses. Our guesses, inferences, memories are all shaped by concepts and ideas that most cultures have in common, different cultures will have different concepts or similar conferences. One of the concepts that our minds do use is time, we use this to make sense of and categorize many events and things we see and experience. Objects in space have to be categorized by a human mind before we can even study any of these things. The observance of things and measurement of the movement of things and categorization of these changes in things are real observations that we use concepts to help us understand these things. Time is a necessary concept in which we humans categorize events and things in order to help us understand the world around us. Same thing as love, love is not an independent thing or property outside humans that somehow influences us, it is a concept that we as a culture all similarly use.
30-09-2012, 08:25 AM (This post was last modified: 30-09-2012 08:54 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(30-09-2012 08:06 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(29-09-2012 11:54 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Eyes, ears, taste, smell, touch.

Lamo

nice that you finally admit that time cannot be sense by the 5 senses. And no, we don't have to sense something RIGHT NOW to know if it exists or not.

Since we have a mind, we can guess or remember what something might be like to the senses. Our guesses, inferences, memories are all shaped by concepts and ideas that most cultures have in common, different cultures will have different concepts or similar conferences. One of the concepts that our minds do use is time, we use this to make sense of and categorize many events and things we see and experience. Objects in space have to be categorized by a human mind before we can even study any of these things. The observance of things and measurement of the movement of things and categorization of these changes in things are real observations that we use concepts to help us understand these things. Time is a necessary concept in which we humans categorize events and things in order to help us understand the world around us. Same thing as love, love is not an independent thing or property outside humans that somehow influences us, it is a concept that we as a culture all similarly use.

First of all, it's "sensed" by the 5 senses. We are not limited to "sensed". Spacetime is "detected". Why can't you use correct English ? Is that a reflection of your general education level ?
Sorry. Fail. The fact that what human brains perceive to be non-intuitive, (Uncertainty, and Relativity), have been, by experiment, proven to be reality, as we have tried to explain to your sorry ass, to be real, (remember those two clocks...you really didn't get that simple example did you?), refutes everything you just said. There is external evidence to show that what my brain perceives "should" be real, in fact is not. If that is true, and is proven, then we know that Reality is NOT limited to what is sensed, and perceived by brains, as reality is totally "other" than what brains would expect. Whatever it really is, is NOT a product of a brain, as it is confounding to a brain.

Time for church. Go worship your god. His name is Fucked_Up_ Philosophy.

30-09-2012, 10:48 AM
(30-09-2012 08:06 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(29-09-2012 11:54 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Eyes, ears, taste, smell, touch.

Lamo

You continue to be confused by the fact that 'time' and 'sense of time' are not the same thing. Time exists as a dimension of space-time regardless of our perception.
Things don't all happen at the same time.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post