Time

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-09-2012, 03:15 PM
RE: Time
(25-09-2012 03:12 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(25-09-2012 03:06 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I already proved it with clocks.
The rest is YOUR problem. YOU are the one with the problem here. Apparently no one else has one. You STILL cannot separate perception from external events. Things "happen" whether you are there to perceive them or not.

nobody ever said that events and things don't exist outside perception.

If a person loves their wife, their wife really exists independent of their perception, however love is a concept and is not independent of a human mind, it's the same with time. A rusty gate really exists independent of our perception however it takes a human mind with a general concept of time to say or think "the gate was once not rusty and became rusty over time" time is the concept we use to help understand and relate to the outside world.

a clock doesn't prove that time exists independent of the human mind anymore than thunder proves that god is a good a bowler.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-09-2012, 03:19 PM
(25-09-2012 03:14 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(25-09-2012 03:12 PM)I and I Wrote:  nobody ever said that events and things don't exist outside perception.

If a person loves their wife, their wife really exists independent of their perception, however love is a concept and is not independent of a human mind, it's the same with time. A rusty gate really exists independent of our perception however it takes a human mind with a general concept of time to say or think "the gate was once not rusty and became rusty over time" time is the concept we use to help understand and relate to the outside world.

No. There are photos of the gate in both conditions.

right, and a human mind sees two photos of a gate and makes the right assumption in believing that time has passed. Can a fly look at the two photos and come to the same conclusion?
25-09-2012, 03:19 PM
(25-09-2012 03:15 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(25-09-2012 03:12 PM)I and I Wrote:  nobody ever said that events and things don't exist outside perception.

a clock doesn't prove that time exists independent of the human mind anymore than thunder proves that god is a good a bowler.

I done with your idiotic attention seeking crap. There were TWO clocks. Moron.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Political skeptic .. if there is a bad reason something bad might have happened, you can bet your ass, that's why it happened.
25-09-2012, 03:33 PM
(25-09-2012 03:19 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(25-09-2012 03:15 PM)I and I Wrote:  a clock doesn't prove that time exists independent of the human mind anymore than thunder proves that god is a good a bowler.

I done with your idiotic attention seeking crap. There were TWO clocks. Moron.

Time Dilation

Alleged Time Dilation is often cited as conclusive evidence for General Relativity, but caution is urged before accepting interpretations of tenuous evidence in this regard. Could wishful thinking be a significant factor here?

When NASA put atomic clocks on aircraft and on the space shuttle, they claim to have observed time dilation. However, these results have been contested by Dr. A. G. Kelly who examined the raw data. According to him, the final published outcome had to be averaged in a biased way in order to claim such a high degree of precision.

Also, Louis Essen, the inventor of the atomic clock, published an article in which he discussed the inadequate accuracy of the experiments.

Some even claim that GPS satellites are adjusted for time dilation, but this simply isn't true. It's more urban myth than reality. Check out this interesting web site Anti-Relativity

I love it.... http://www.plasmacosmology.net/philosophy.html I don't know what the purpose of this website is, but it was pretty easy to find a rebuttal to time dilation beliefs.
25-09-2012, 03:44 PM (This post was last modified: 25-09-2012 04:06 PM by Bucky Ball.)
http://www.metaresearch.org/cosmology/gp...tivity.asp

A couple nut-job web sites, from a couple nut-jobs, in no way counters the well established, well known accepted views of virtually all the Physicists in the entire world. You ARE a troll. I get it.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xf688g_...ivity_tech

In "A Brief History of Time" Stephen Hawking states that GPS technology uses Relativity.

Political skeptic .. if there is a bad reason something bad might have happened, you can bet your ass, that's why it happened.
25-09-2012, 04:07 PM
(25-09-2012 03:44 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  http://www.metaresearch.org/cosmology/gp...tivity.asp

A couple nut-job web sites, from a couple nut-jobs, in no way counters the well established, well known accepted views of virtually all the Physicists in the entire world. You ARE a troll. I get it.

Some religious nut job says that time is something that is "out there" outside of humans and you believe it? wow. Tell me more about that Nigerian that is going to send you money through email.

Can a fly experience time? NO because it takes a mind like a human mind to even have a concept of time....meaning time is a concept. Does time move slower in China?
25-09-2012, 04:12 PM
Either this IS Bishadi, or a clone. He's on ignore, folks. I suggest the same. The China question proves there is a "screw loose".

25-09-2012, 04:12 PM
(25-09-2012 03:44 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  http://www.metaresearch.org/cosmology/gp...tivity.asp

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xf688g_...ivity_tech

In "A Brief History of Time" Stephen Hawking states that GPS technology uses Relativity.

again, you are arguing the existence of time devices like GPS devices, nobody is saying those don't exist and can do amazing things.

How did the astronauts feel when they came back "younger" what did they say about how it felt?
25-09-2012, 04:14 PM
(25-09-2012 04:12 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Either this IS Bishadi, or a clone. He's on ignore, folks. I suggest the same. The China question proves there is a "screw loose".

you are making the argument that the devices that measure time is proof that time exists independent of the human mind. If this is so, how do you explain china's one time zone vs other countries with more than one?
25-09-2012, 04:18 PM
(25-09-2012 04:14 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(25-09-2012 04:12 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Either this IS Bishadi, or a clone. He's on ignore, folks. I suggest the same. The China question proves there is a "screw loose".

you are making the argument that the devices that measure time is proof that time exists independent of the human mind. If this is so, how do you explain china's one time zone vs other countries with more than one?

Weeping

[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Gathering perspectives: space and time living thing 17 289 21-04-2014 11:37 AM
Last Post: living thing
  would you use a time machine to change your past dj-hato 23 1,008 15-04-2013 11:44 AM
Last Post: Erxomai
  At what point is it (time to die)? Birdguy1979 8 602 10-12-2012 03:50 AM
Last Post: Misanthropik
  Time is like water Crusher 8 759 04-06-2012 03:37 PM
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Time houseofcantor 10 848 08-05-2012 02:49 PM
Last Post: free2011
  Time, Meditation and Religious Belief Thomas 12 701 02-05-2012 09:09 PM
Last Post: houseofcantor
  Why do we atheists talk to god all the time? Zatamon 19 2,151 25-09-2011 07:15 PM
Last Post: GirlyMan