25-09-2012, 04:37 PM
RE: Time
I love it when people say these things in the same argument:

1. I know x exists

2. I don't know what x is

3. I haven't found x yet

4. x is outside humans

5. x might not be able to be verified.

Then this same person that makes all those arguments then goes about adamantly defending the existence of x.

FUCKING AWESOME
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes I and I's post
25-09-2012, 05:26 PM
(25-09-2012 04:14 PM)I and I Wrote:  If this is so, how do you explain china's one time zone vs other countries with more than one?
Please visit a school and get a basic education.

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
25-09-2012, 05:31 PM
(25-09-2012 04:37 PM)I and I Wrote:  I love it when people say these things in the same argument:
1. I know x exists
3. I haven't found x yet
4. x is outside humans
Then this same person that makes all those arguments then goes about adamantly defending the existence of x.
FUCKING AWESOME

I love it when people, who purportedly know about Logic, set up imaginary straw-man arguments, and attempt the fallacy of the False Analogy, and pretend others make arguments they did not.
1. "I" did not assert time "exists". Every Physicist in the world knows spacetime exists, as it's obvious. If time existed ONLY in her head, she would not have gotten out of bed this morning.
2. Physicists are working on what produces the phenomenon of the part of fabric of the universe we perceive as spacetime. No one doubts that it actually exists apart from one individual's brain cells, which ONLY perceive anything, because they change in spacetime. Spacetime is REQUIRED for the change which produces the perception.
2 and 3 are the same thing. (Again, no Philosopher here, obviously).
4. Humans exist WITHIN the fabric of spacetime, which is why we perceive it. Spacetime is not "outside" beings which exist within it.
5. She will surely die. She will self-verify the reality. Just wait. We'll see how that works out for her.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

25-09-2012, 10:19 PM
(25-09-2012 05:31 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(25-09-2012 04:37 PM)I and I Wrote:  I love it when people say these things in the same argument:
1. I know x exists
3. I haven't found x yet
4. x is outside humans
FUCKING AWESOME

I love it when people, who purportedly know about Logic, set up imaginary straw-man arguments, and attempt the fallacy of the False Analogy, and pretend others make arguments they did not.
1. "I" did not assert time "exists". Every Physicist in the world knows spacetime exists, as it's obvious. If time existed ONLY in her head, she would not have gotten out of bed this morning.
2. Physicists are working on what produces the phenomenon of the part of fabric of the universe we perceive as spacetime. No one doubts that it actually exists apart from one individual's brain cells, which ONLY perceive anything, because they change in spacetime. Spacetime is REQUIRED for the change which produces the perception.
4. Humans exist WITHIN the fabric of spacetime, which is why we perceive it. Spacetime is not "outside" beings which exist within it.
5. She will surely die. She will self-verify the reality. Just wait. We'll see how that works out for her.

Philosophers have already wrote about what produces the phenomenon of what we perceive as time. It is a concept that humans use in general to apply to events and things outside us in the physical world, to make sense of the physical world. That is phenomenology. Do you know what a priori means?

Descartes philsophy was an older simplistic philosophy which basically formulated that the individual relates to the world. I - W. Kant came along and expanded this view to state that the individual relates to the world which then makes the individual more complete I-W-I, then Hegel came along and correctly stated that our concepts, ideas and notions all come from and are influenced by the environment we grow up in which makes us who we are and then in our daily life we continue to make the world by our daily lifestyles W-I-W. The human idea of time does not come from outside humanity it is a result of mans attempt to relate to the outside world and how this world influences him. A concept or idea does not exist outside of humanity, it is the result of human interaction with the outside world and mans attempt to understand physical phenomenon.
25-09-2012, 10:28 PM (This post was last modified: 25-09-2012 11:57 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(25-09-2012 10:19 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(25-09-2012 05:31 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I love it when people, who purportedly know about Logic, set up imaginary straw-man arguments, and attempt the fallacy of the False Analogy, and pretend others make arguments they did not.

Philosophers have already wrote about what produces the phenomenon of what we perceive as time. It is a concept that humans use in general to apply to events and things outside us in the physical world, to make sense of the physical world. That is phenomenology. Do you know what a priori means?

Descartes philsophy was an older simplistic philosophy which basically formulated that the individual relates to the world. I - W. Kant came along and expanded this view to state that the individual relates to the world which then makes the individual more complete I-W-I, then Hegel came along and correctly stated that our concepts, ideas and notions all come from and are influenced by the environment we grow up in which makes us who we are and then in our daily life we continue to make the world by our daily lifestyles W-I-W. The human idea of time does not come from outside humanity it is a result of mans attempt to relate to the outside world and how this world influences him. A concept or idea does not exist outside of humanity, it is the result of human interaction with the outside world and mans attempt to understand physical phenomenon.

I do know what "a priori" means. Apparently you have never studded Latin, as it's actual meaning in Latin, is not what you assume it to mean in Philosophy. Your poor construction of "have already wrote", is yet another indication, that something is not right here. How about you tell us what you think it means. Your continuing insistence to demand that time be considered ONLY in your religious system betrays only your ignorance of other fields.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

25-09-2012, 10:43 PM
(25-09-2012 10:28 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(25-09-2012 10:19 PM)I and I Wrote:  Philosophers have already wrote about what produces the phenomenon of what we perceive as time. It is a concept that humans use in general to apply to events and things outside us in the physical world, to make sense of the physical world. That is phenomenology. Do you know what a priori means?

I do know what "a priori" means. Apparently you have never studded Latin, as it's actual meaning in Latin, is not what you assume it to mean in Philosophy. Your poor construction of "already wrote", is yet another indication, that something is not right here. How about you tell us what you think it means. Your continuing insistence to demand that time be considered ONLY in your religious system betrays only your ignorance of other fields.

How is it religious to say that time is NOT some mystical substance or property that exists magically somewhere?
25-09-2012, 11:41 PM
(25-09-2012 10:43 PM)I and I Wrote:  How is it religious to say that time is NOT some mystical substance or property that exists magically somewhere?
Another strawman argument? Fascinating.

I encourage you to point us to the post in which BB explicitly said that time is a mystical substance and/or that it exists magically somewhere else.

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
26-09-2012, 06:56 AM
(25-09-2012 10:43 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(25-09-2012 10:28 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I do know what "a priori" means. Apparently you have never studded Latin, as it's actual meaning in Latin, is not what you assume it to mean in Philosophy. Your poor construction of "already wrote", is yet another indication, that something is not right here. How about you tell us what you think it means. Your continuing insistence to demand that time be considered ONLY in your religious system betrays only your ignorance of other fields.

How is it religious to say that time is NOT some mystical substance or property that exists magically somewhere?

There is nothing magical. Time is one of the dimensions of space-time. It exists independently of us.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-09-2012, 10:29 AM
(26-09-2012 06:56 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(25-09-2012 10:43 PM)I and I Wrote:  How is it religious to say that time is NOT some mystical substance or property that exists magically somewhere?

There is nothing magical. Time is one of the dimensions of space-time. It exists independently of us.

If it exists independently of us, then there are only 5 ways we humans can experience things outside of us and that is through the 5 senses. As far as I know nobody has ever seen time, tasted time, smelled time, touched time or heard time.

My point and most philosophers point out back in the 1700's and 1800's on til today is that time is a concept with which we use to understand the world around us, space is too only space can be understood even by animals without minds, time requires a thinking mind. They are what philosophers call a priori, which in philosophical terms means shit that you learned so early in life you don't know it's original origin. Time requires a thinking human mind because our notion of time is based on memory, understanding of memory, thinking outside of the situation etc etc. We humans can sit on a computer and theorize about the past, what it means, what it is going to mean, all of this gives us this sense of time. Example: when you remember being attacked by a tiger, the memory doesn't scare you because your brain already has a concept of time (past-present-future) and knows that it is not happening now and that it happened in the past. Humans can even use time to plan in advance for things.