Time

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-08-2016, 06:03 PM
RE: Time
(23-08-2016 05:09 PM)Leela Wrote:  Honestly, the whole thing about pets living on the clock is not just that they like to keep on a schedule. It is, to a big part, also us making them insist on that schedule because we live on one as well. So when you get up, feed the dogs, get ready for work, breakfast, and leave. that is always at the same time. They know your schedule and are looking forward to it.
I have never had my pets on schedules and they never insisted on anything at a specific time.
I would feed or play with or walk them regularly but within rough time windows instead of specific times.
Maybe it sounds odd or cruel but my pets, all of them, have always been happy and sweet and healthy. So yeah it is possible to have them relax on that kind of stuff - all of them. I had dogs, cats, bunnies, guinea pigs, and birds. All of them understood that there is no schedule and none of them suffered.
(and once we move, I will have "off schedule pets" again Big Grin )

Cheers

My schedule is the sun. There is still some sequence of events, but they are triggered by sunlight and not clock time.

The dogs seem to have a clock inside that goes by hours and minutes, not the sun.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-08-2016, 08:18 PM
Yet when we go to and away from daylight savings time, the dogs always have a problem adjusting. So do I, for that matter. Now that I'm retired, I usually wake up with the sun. It's great! I used to get up at o-dark-25 for decades. That delicious extra hour is something I treasure beyond belief. I used to rage against the tyranny of sleep, when I had a job. My short term memory has really improved, for one, since I retired. For those of you who commute long distance (my commute was 47 miles one way, mostly on the worst part of the 405 in California), get out of that regime. Your longevity and mental health will be improved.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
23-08-2016, 08:36 PM
On those days the alarm doesn't go off at zero dark thirty the dogs often sleep right through. But sometimes I will hear a mad dash by Karma (the middle dog) to the back door to go out, often followed by one or more of the others. I think Karma's bladder is set to 3:30 am because days off don't alter her bathroom schedule.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
23-08-2016, 08:46 PM
we call them "lobbyists" Smile The girly dog on steroids is perpetually hungry now, so her clock runs early and often.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
24-08-2016, 07:23 AM
For Aussies... "zero dark thirty" = sparrow fart.

Yes

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.