Time For A Make-Over

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-06-2014, 12:04 PM
RE: Time For A Make-Over
(22-06-2014 11:31 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(22-06-2014 10:56 AM)pablo628 Wrote:  Will I be able to contact Seth about forum related matters?

[Image: giphy1_zpsf0f3c125.gif]

I dunno why but I find that gif kinda mesmerising Smile

Meanwhile, to take your point seriously... it is worth mentioning that there are no changes to the content of the policies ... just changes of structure.

The new four-part structure should make it easier to modify (as need arises) policies in the future.

I think it's the blank stare.

I was joking, hence the rimshot monkey.Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
22-06-2014, 02:10 PM
(22-06-2014 09:07 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Hopefully better representation of the Hobbit people will appear as well. Drinking Beverage

Hobbits are people? Big Grin

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
22-06-2014, 03:29 PM
Do we get a playpen where we can put the children and bring them eggs so they don't bother the adults?

DLJ gets to be Mr. Eggman.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
22-06-2014, 03:37 PM
(22-06-2014 03:29 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ...

Yes.

I am your Eggman and there ain't a better one in town.

Dodgy

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
22-06-2014, 03:56 PM
(22-06-2014 03:37 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(22-06-2014 03:29 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ...

Yes.

I am your Eggman and there ain't a better one in town.

Dodgy

goo goo g'joob g'goo goo g'joob g'goo.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
22-06-2014, 05:59 PM
I demand a thread to support the millions of worshipers of the mighty purple unicorn!

He is currently tied to a tree in my backyard, and my pet bigfoot is feeding him fairies. *beams proudly*

Drooling

on topic, awesome, I love this site, you guys/gals doing work for free behind the scene deserve our appreciation

Thumbsup

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
22-06-2014, 06:10 PM
(22-06-2014 09:01 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Hi there TTAers.

This is a 'heads-up' announcement to let you know of some work that's been going on behind the scenes.

It's not big, dramatic stuff ... it's kinda boring really. Sorry!

There has been a mini-project going on to revamp the 'rules' section of the forum.

It will come into effect within the next few days.

Project Purpose:
To address a few issues with the Forum Information section with the view to improving the effectiveness and efficiency of forum governance.

Intended Benefits:
1. Friendlier content.
2. More welcoming for its main audience (newbies).
3. Establishes what we are all about (our principles) through tone and structure rather than diktat.
4. Easier to read.
5. Easier to use (navigate).
i.e. less mess... centralising and tidying up the various pieces of information covering forum policies, access to the I&R section, codes of conduct, FAQs and other scraps e.g less sticky threads in the Intros section.
6. Easier to maintain.
7. Clear and enforceable policies.

Project Roles:
Sponsor: Aurora
Project Team: Hughsie, DLJ
Review Team: All the Veterans and the Forum Management Team
Grammar Nazi Quality Control: Vosur

Many of the contributions were via Private Message so I'm not going to be specific as to who did what but they know who they are and how grateful we are... Thank you!
But a special mention has to go to Vosur for being such a picky Censored Censored ... in a good way. Big Grin

So what's going to change?

Here is the current main page ... the 'as is' that will be replaced for reference.

The new Information pages will have a structure that utilises an internationally recognised framework for governing IT related stuff e.g. this forum.

I know we have a few IT Managers in our membership so here is the Management gobbledygook bit for those who might be interested:
We've been using guidance from ISO15504 and COBIT5.
COBIT5 has a 7-enabler structure:
[Image: cobit_enablers1.jpg]

We have broken down the old rules by their content; some of which related to members' behaviour and some related to data or information (posts' content) policies. For example we have attempted to separate 'principles' (the forum's values) from its policies (rules).

Each policy (rule) will have a consistent structure:
1. Their Scope
2. Consequences of failing to comply with the policy
3. The means of handling exceptions
4. How they will be monitored.

The section called 'The Members' has had a revamp to put the important people first i.e. you.

The hardest choice by far, given the country of origin of the authors, was the decision to use Murikan spellings. Weeping

We sincerely hope you will agree that the changes are an improvement and of course, we welcome everybody's feedback.

Thank you for reading.
DLJ

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 4 users Like Free Thought's post
22-06-2014, 07:27 PM
A make-over?

Like pink sparkly backgrounds and little animated fairies?!

Sigh, bet not. Weeping

Just kidding. Yes

I know it takes a lot of work to keep up a forum like this. Thanks for all the hard work!

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain
[+] 2 users Like CindysRain's post
22-06-2014, 07:40 PM
New never seen before footage of the actual running of TTA from an inside source.

Shocking video

NSFW

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
22-06-2014, 08:42 PM
(22-06-2014 11:31 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(22-06-2014 10:56 AM)pablo628 Wrote:  Will I be able to contact Seth about forum related matters?

[Image: giphy1_zpsf0f3c125.gif]

I dunno why but I find that gif kinda mesmerising Smile

Meanwhile, to take your point seriously... it is worth mentioning that there are no changes to the content of the policies ... just changes of structure.

The new four-part structure should make it easier to modify (as need arises) policies in the future.

No change to policies? Like, at all?
So... I still won't be allowed to post pictures of naked dancing ladies, and wardrobe malfunctions? Sadcryface
That naked dancing is such an underrepresented art form! Shy