Time Travel.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-06-2015, 01:23 PM
Time Travel.
We are all time travelers. (in a sense) moving forward in time. We have found that space can be bent. The closer one gets to the center of a black hole (for example) can slow down time. (as the object succumbs to the effects of spaghettification) The object out side would appear to be movie at a rapid rate.

But this question or thought would be about traveling back in time. Or having control over the destination in time. I'm not saying it has happened or is capable of happing for a full organizem. But i'm just playing with the fun idea.

I feel there could be 3 likely types of time travel. Should it exist.

1. Back to the Future.
When Marty travels threw time, when he affects major events it propels him into a alternate time stream. He has to stay as true the events as possible or dramatic events accrue.

2. Bill and Ted
Bill and Ted not only take major icons out of their time, they have also altered events to fit their desires. (Placing keys in spots, or escaping the after life) History was there play thing with no repercussions to reality.

3.The Time Machine
When our hero traveled back in time to save his killed love. He never was able to save her. Time was constant. And nothing could change the events of the past.

If it were real I would imagine that what ever devise was created that would only be able to travel with in the time that the item existed. And if you traveled forward in time would you would travel to a future where you had stop existing at the time of your jump. Or at least for the gap of time that you jumped threw.

Years back, I had a idea that Aliens were just us from the distant future. They had figured out time travel and wanted to learn about their past. That's why they looked like us, and we weren't able to catch their ships because they had figured a way to bend time. Now I know why this all sounds like a crazy idea.

The reason for this idea was I was surfing around YouTube and found some videos about people claming that they were Time Travelers or had PROFF of time travelers. But I found these rather easy to rule out.

This one known as the hipster time travler has a man where clothes that at first glass seem very out of date.
[Image: 193d63yf1jo89jpg.jpg]

But if you look closer you'll notice the that those futurist glasses look very much like motorcyle googles. From the time.
[Image: 3bc62492869dcd7bbc3bddd5724977af.jpg]

And his futurist clothing?
[Image: d667c88175b2b05441899fd6ffde1895.jpg]
Looks like a high school sports shirt.
[Image: 233f9831d4bdd04bb9e7ebd0e16a740e.jpg]
Or the time travel device he has in his hands.
[Image: Semflex.jpg]

Or the mysterious lady from the Charley Chaplin movie
[Image: charlie-chaplin-cell-phone-time-travel.jpg]
I couldn't be one of these?
[Image: T7_0.jpg?itok=mRm6rfYy]
[Image: hearing-aids-c.jpg]
These are all hearing aid from the 1950's.

So Time Travel.

If you could travel in time when would you go?
If you could change one major world event what would it be?
Do you think Time Travelers are among us?

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
23-06-2015, 01:34 PM
RE: Time Travel.
If I could travel in time, I would go back in time to the start of every single religion on the planet and stop them from creating any God(s)/sons of gods/Jesus etc. It would save countless lives and stop needless destruction brought on by religious motivations.

I think it'd be cool if time travelers were among us. I saw a few documentaries on that--but mostly pseudoscience type stuff. So who knows? Maybe you are a time traveler yourself and you are doing a survey on TTA and are bringing back the results of this thread to the year 3010?? Dodgy

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
23-06-2015, 01:36 PM
Rufus was one of the Masters reincarnations he gave a TARDIS to two idiots in the hope that they would destroy the timeline. A TARDIS has a device that can prevent time paradoxes from exploding the universe but only while the TARDIS is present. Thus when the Master returns to collect the time machine he knows reality will shatter.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
23-06-2015, 01:39 PM
(23-06-2015 01:34 PM)jennybee Wrote:  If I could travel in time, I would go back in time to the start of every single religion on the planet and stop them from creating any God(s)/sons of gods/Jesus etc. It would save countless lives and stop needless destruction brought on by religious motivations.

And when you got back to "today's date" -- the population of the world might be just you -- as everyone else starved to death when the population hit 300 billion..........

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
23-06-2015, 01:39 PM
(23-06-2015 01:34 PM)jennybee Wrote:  If I could travel in time, I would go back in time to the start of every single religion on the planet and stop them from creating any God(s)/sons of gods/Jesus etc. It would save countless lives and stop needless destruction brought on by religious motivations.

And when you got back to "today's date" -- the population of the world might be just you -- as everyone else starved to death when the population hit 300 billion..........

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
23-06-2015, 01:40 PM
oops.... I traveled too far back, and hit the button twice.....

NOW SEE WHAT YOU DID?????

Wink

[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
23-06-2015, 01:42 PM
Time Travel.
I like the idea of time travel as it opens up infinite possibilities. But it is not possible to go back into time. There is no way to undo what has been done. The past doesn't exist anymore.
23-06-2015, 01:44 PM
(23-06-2015 01:42 PM)KUSA Wrote:  I like the idea of time travel as it opens up infinite possibilities. But it is not possible to go back into time. There is no way to undo what has been done. The past doesn't exist anymore.

Sure it does -- and I've got PICTURES to prove it.....

(using theist logic here...)

23-06-2015, 01:46 PM
(23-06-2015 01:39 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  

Well, there would still be other wars--non-religiously motivated ones, starvation, sickness, disease, genocide...etc. etc. We also would probably be even more scientifically advanced if there were no religions--more so than we already are--and would be in a better position to scientifically to accommodate higher populations.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
23-06-2015, 01:49 PM
I'd hope we'd be smart enough to limit the population.......

A couple million would be MORE than enough....

[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post