Time Travel.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-06-2015, 02:03 PM
Time Travel.
If time travel was possible, I would use it for my own selfish gain. I expect everyone else would as it is too tempting not to.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-06-2015, 02:14 PM
RE: Time Travel.
I could travel to the future, collect a bit of intelligence, return to my time and make a few well-timed investments in the stock market. Of course, my activity would likely alter the stock market's future potentially changing the outcome that I anticipated. This would require many small jumps and experimentation.

I could travel to the past and introduce new technologies and information that would hopefully propel mankind forward in a positive way. Doing so would likely totally screw with the future. I'd need to be sure that if I altered anything that prevented me from ever being born I wouldn't stop existing. I.e., I'd have to be able to continue to exist outside of the timeline that created me. That would be a lonely life as any significant changes would certainly destroy the future that I knew and the rest of my life would be lived in essentially an alien world.

There is also the idea that if time travel were possible we would have long since been visited by the far future where surely they would have figured it out. Since we haven't been visited by the future, then it must not be possible. Of course, that would be invalidated if there are, as some have speculated, multiple parallel streams of time that split if one of the timelines are altered. In that case, traveling to the past in any capacity as something other than a passive observer would instantly put the traveler in the alternate timeline. One could never alter the timeline from which they originated.

Maybe Jesus was a time traveler. What if he was just some egotistical wack-job, playing in his garage with his mail-order time machine in the year 3000 and decided to go back in time and hijack a religion just for the hell of it? We just happen to be the lucky ones that get to exist in the resulting altered timeline. Fucking time traveling Jesus... Too bad his flux capacitor didn't get fried by a solar storm while he was making his time jump.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
[+] 2 users Like TurkeyBurner's post
23-06-2015, 02:22 PM
Woman posts ad for 'open minded person' to use time machine built in her garage

Woman posts ad for 'open minded person' to use time machine built in her garage

A woman is advertising for someone to share her first journey in her new invention - a TIME MACHINE.

The ad, which has appeared on Gumtree, could have come straight from Back to the Future.

The classified is appealing for a companion to join her in the "first human transportation" using her device.

It's reminiscent of Marty McFly, played by Michael J Fox, becoming unlikely colleagues with Christopher Lloyd's mad-haired Doc Brown as they took a souped-up DeLorean through time in Back to the Future in 1985.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
23-06-2015, 02:38 PM
I can prove time travel. The bible says it. Ecclesiastes 1:9 - What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun.

Praise god, hallelujah! That means you sitting there reading this statement, well guess what? It's already happened and it will keep happening, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over aand over aovnwn ovne ovne wovn v.............aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

**Crickets** -- God
23-06-2015, 03:07 PM
(23-06-2015 01:42 PM)KUSA Wrote:  I like the idea of time travel as it opens up infinite possibilities. But it is not possible to go back into time. There is no way to undo what has been done. The past doesn't exist anymore.

Well not exact true. Think about it this way.

Stars.

Many of these stars that we see in the night sky may at this time have blown up. They are so far away we are seeing a delay in their radiant light. But to us. In our present. They appear to us to still exist. Maybe at some distant solar system they are looking at us now but seeing dinosaurs. "Man that planet is full of scary monster! Don't want to go there."

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
23-06-2015, 03:12 PM
(23-06-2015 02:14 PM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  I could travel to the future, collect a bit of intelligence, return to my time and make a few well-timed investments in the stock market. Of course, my activity would likely alter the stock market's future potentially changing the outcome that I anticipated. This would require many small jumps and experimentation.

I could travel to the past and introduce new technologies and information that would hopefully propel mankind forward in a positive way. Doing so would likely totally screw with the future. I'd need to be sure that if I altered anything that prevented me from ever being born I wouldn't stop existing. I.e., I'd have to be able to continue to exist outside of the timeline that created me. That would be a lonely life as any significant changes would certainly destroy the future that I knew and the rest of my life would be lived in essentially an alien world.

There is also the idea that if time travel were possible we would have long since been visited by the far future where surely they would have figured it out. Since we haven't been visited by the future, then it must not be possible. Of course, that would be invalidated if there are, as some have speculated, multiple parallel streams of time that split if one of the timelines are altered. In that case, traveling to the past in any capacity as something other than a passive observer would instantly put the traveler in the alternate timeline. One could never alter the timeline from which they originated.

Maybe Jesus was a time traveler. What if he was just some egotistical wack-job, playing in his garage with his mail-order time machine in the year 3000 and decided to go back in time and hijack a religion just for the hell of it? We just happen to be the lucky ones that get to exist in the resulting altered timeline. Fucking time traveling Jesus... Too bad his flux capacitor didn't get fried by a solar storm while he was making his time jump.

I would travel back in time and teach the Egyptians how to build Pyramids. Seeing how there are Pyramids it must mean my mission was a success.

Fucking Time Traveling Zombie Jesus. He better not steel my idea.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
23-06-2015, 03:15 PM
Time Travel.
(23-06-2015 03:07 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  
(23-06-2015 01:42 PM)KUSA Wrote:  I like the idea of time travel as it opens up infinite possibilities. But it is not possible to go back into time. There is no way to undo what has been done. The past doesn't exist anymore.

Well not exact true. Think about it this way.

Stars.

Many of these stars that we see in the night sky may at this time have blown up. They are so far away we are seeing a delay in their radiant light. But to us. In our present. They appear to us to still exist. Maybe at some distant solar system they are looking at us now but seeing dinosaurs. "Man that planet is full of scary monster! Don't want to go there."

You couldn't actually go back in time but you could see it using that method.

Imagine if we could bend space to go a million light years away. We could study the Earth's past by looking at the light emitted by it in the past.
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post
23-06-2015, 03:56 PM
If you could reverse the action of every particle of the universe so that they all rearranged themselves back into their positions and possessed the same energies and momentum they had it would be exactly the same as going back in time. No need to actually reverse the flow of time. Piece of cake.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes TurkeyBurner's post
23-06-2015, 05:00 PM
If time travel into the past is possible, I would want to be on a starship, in the middle of nowhere, where past paths of objects have been predicted back to the time you want to go to. One thing that seems to be ignored with time travel is if your position doesn't change when you travel in time, then the Earth is not going to be in the same place in the past as you were in the present. You might end up appearing in the middle of space with Earth on the other side of the sun.

“We can judge our progress by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers, our willingness to embrace what is true rather than what feels good.”
― Carl Sagan
23-06-2015, 08:18 PM
Time Travel.
This ship is the only way to manipulate time.
[Image: bfa1c9fe0150444a205263a57cb4b9c8.jpg]