Time Travel.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-06-2015, 08:39 AM
RE: Time Travel.
(23-06-2015 05:00 PM)Worom Wrote:  If time travel into the past is possible, I would want to be on a starship, in the middle of nowhere, where past paths of objects have been predicted back to the time you want to go to. One thing that seems to be ignored with time travel is if your position doesn't change when you travel in time, then the Earth is not going to be in the same place in the past as you were in the present. You might end up appearing in the middle of space with Earth on the other side of the sun.

That's right. I think that made a Futurama episode with that.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-06-2015, 08:46 AM
(23-06-2015 08:18 PM)KUSA Wrote:  This ship is the only way to manipulate time.
[Image: bfa1c9fe0150444a205263a57cb4b9c8.jpg]

That looks like no TARDIS that I have ever seen...

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
24-06-2015, 07:31 PM
Time Travel.
That's actually the temporal weapon of a Krenim time ship. Instead of the ship traveling through time, it controls the timeline of specific things such as planets. It can erase anything from time.

It was from a 2 part episode on Star Trek Voyager "Year of Hell". It's worth watching if time is fascinating to you.
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post
25-06-2015, 05:52 AM
Time travel is ridiculous. If I'm reading some random sci-fi and time travel pops up, that's the end of that book. If it ain't Doctor Who, I ain't interested. Tongue

PS OP, I hope English ain't your native language. Big Grin

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
25-06-2015, 01:27 PM
(25-06-2015 05:52 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Time travel is ridiculous. If I'm reading some random sci-fi and time travel pops up, that's the end of that book. If it ain't Doctor Who, I ain't interested. Tongue

PS OP, I hope English ain't your native language. Big Grin
I'm that way with psychic powers in sci fi. Met Marina Sirtis in person; she's a nice lady but can't stand Deanna Troi. Babylon 5 had their psy corps and was stupid.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
25-06-2015, 04:10 PM
(25-06-2015 05:52 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  [SNIP]If it ain't Doctor Who, I ain't interested. Tongue

How about another loveable English character?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzHn2H2V8N4
25-06-2015, 04:19 PM
(23-06-2015 01:39 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  And when you got back to "today's date" -- the population of the world might be just you -- as everyone else starved to death when the population hit 300 billion..........

And you probably wouldn't have existed because one or more of your parents or grandparents or great-grandparents or...etc etc...had never been born and neither would you, so you wouldn't have been around to time travel anyway (the grandfather paradox - and why is it always the grandfather, not your dad or your great-grandfather - and most certainly not your mum or granny or great-granny?)
25-06-2015, 04:58 PM
"Don't tell me about the future," said Ford. "I've been all over the future. Spend half my time there. It's the same as anywhere else. Anywhen else. Whatever. Just the same old stuff in faster cars and smellier air." -- Ford Prefect

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
26-06-2015, 04:43 AM
(25-06-2015 04:10 PM)jockmcdock Wrote:  
(25-06-2015 05:52 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  [SNIP]If it ain't Doctor Who, I ain't interested. Tongue

How about another loveable English character?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzHn2H2V8N4

Thanks, but no thanks. Never could get into that. Couldn't get into Red Dwarf either. Undecided

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-06-2015, 07:15 AM
[Image: safety-not-guaranteed.jpg]

I say we go for it, nothing to lose

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post