Time Travel.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-06-2015, 08:26 AM
RE: Time Travel.
I'd want to go back a few hundred years to explore the American West.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-08-2016, 12:40 PM
[Image: 1516135_179765942403681_110508504_n.jpg?...MA%3D%3D.2]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 6 users Like Full Circle's post
25-08-2016, 01:19 PM
i wish we could at least figure out a way to "watch" past events.

There was a terrible TBS movie about 10 years ago that had a really cool premise. It was about 2 government agents or something stupid like that started investigating some kind of disaster and started seeing the same people in picutres and stuff, and it turned out that sometime in the future, time travel was possible and people were paying to go back in time and witness famous events and disasters.
25-08-2016, 01:30 PM
(25-08-2016 01:19 PM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  i wish we could at least figure out a way to "watch" past events.

There was a terrible TBS movie about 10 years ago that had a really cool premise. It was about 2 government agents or something stupid like that started investigating some kind of disaster and started seeing the same people in picutres and stuff, and it turned out that sometime in the future, time travel was possible and people were paying to go back in time and witness famous events and disasters.

Intresting premise.

I think if a device would be built for time travel or even view. The time travel would be restricted to the exsitance of the device. Probably a very large stagnate machine. We wouldn't be able to go back to see dinosaurs. Just go back to the first time that machine was turned on.

I also imagine if we travel lets say back to the supposed time of Jesus. And found that the events didn't play out as the religious thought. They would just mark it up as science trying to alter their beliefs. Or even fabricate history.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
25-08-2016, 01:48 PM
I wouldn't go back to any time before antibiotics were invented.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
25-08-2016, 02:16 PM
Or you could bring it back with you and become a billionaire!

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
25-08-2016, 07:56 PM
[Image: time_machines.png]

[Image: time_machine.png]

[Image: kill_hitler.png]

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
26-08-2016, 03:19 PM
(25-08-2016 01:19 PM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  i wish we could at least figure out a way to "watch" past events.
Look up.

The stars are history.

We can see back billions of years as it happens in real time.
10-09-2016, 03:19 AM
If you could travel in time when would you go?

In Hollywood, the preferred option seems to involve travelling back to Grade Twelve, rarely by choice. This allows people who were nerds or unattractive girls to re-experience key moments, which is almost always High School Prom night. And, yup, the time travellers do it right the second time. This time, the homely girl gets a nice dress, doesn't wear her glasses to the Prom and ends doing the slow dance with the quarterback of her school's football team while everyone else leaves the gym floor to watch, awestruck. The hundred-and-ten pound nerd punches out the guy [guys?] who kicked sand in his face on the beach. Hollywood. We love it for the realism.

Someone - I forget who - said that a lot of Americans regard their last year in grade-school as the high watermark of life, with everything else hardly mattering. Is this a universal attitude to [not] growing up?
10-09-2016, 05:22 AM
i'd go back to the Garden of Eden, slap Eve in her ignorant face, and then burn that stupid tree to the ground. Just so I don't have to see any more Jesus bullshit on Facebook.
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post