Time Travel.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-09-2016, 06:35 AM
RE: Time Travel.
I would absolutely love for time machines to be a thing as there is so much in my life that I would do differently.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2016, 07:06 AM
I'm just sitting here imagining the amount of chaos it would ultimately cause if someone actually had a time machine. It wouldn't be pretty.
10-09-2016, 08:39 AM
(10-09-2016 07:06 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  I'm just sitting here imagining the amount of chaos it would ultimately cause if someone actually had a time machine. It wouldn't be pretty.

I was think something simaler yesterday.

I imagined if one traveled back in time you would shift the time stream in some way. I don't think little actions would change large noticeable changes. But lets say stoping the JFK assassination would. If you returned to the original time you started at you wouldn't recognizes world the time you were in or possible you wouldn't have ever exsitad.

But could the same be said if you traveled forwards in time? You fly to the year 6969 for example outside you esentally could do what ever you wanted because when you returen to your time the events that were going to happen would have taken place.

But what if you traveled to the future and looked yourself up? Try to find out how you died or if you made an interpret on humanity in some way. But find out it ways Mr X successful dematrialized and our data concludes that he did travel in time. But never returned for unknown reasons.

Could the reason you never return be because something went wrong with the ship? Could it be because you read this article and were afraid it could have been something with the ship, and there for didn't return?
Or maybe it's because you could only travel to a future that you didn't exist in because you removed yourself from the past(present).

Back in my Woo days I had an outlandish idea that ET's where atcully time travelers. They look very simaler to us bipedal santiante beings. Their grey skin large heads could have been from the result of hundreds of thousands of years of evolution. Us relining more on our brains and technology then physical ability's. Maybe not us but our desendece found a way to travel in time. That's why interaction with us would are simply for study, as they wouldn't want disrupt the time line. another reason why they only take people in the bumble-fuck parts of the country because they attribute so little to society their disruction would cause next to nothing of the great skeem of things.

Then once I became more skeptical I realized I was basing these ideas on not very reliable sources.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
10-09-2016, 08:45 AM
What if there was a mountain or building standing where your time machine appears? Or a person? Or maybe the time machine doesn't account for the rotation of the earth and you end up in space. Whoops! Lets assume that all goes to plan though. Whats to stop some asshole from hitting you on the head with a bag of pennies and stealing your time machine? Yeah, no thanks. I'll stay in our current time.
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
10-09-2016, 11:17 AM
If it is going to be a "do over" as in occupy my same self,
mine is personal and selfish; I'd go back to 1975 and keep my brother from going swimming one day, and somehow stop an arsonist that same summer. It was a bad summer for my family.