Time for changes in US Military policy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-11-2014, 11:06 AM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2014 12:57 PM by Full Circle.)
Time for changes in US Military policy
I don't usually like to talk much about politics (religion seems so much less sensitive Tongue ) but this bit of news caught my eye.

http://asia.nikkei.com/Politics-Economy/...t-carriers

Imo its time for the US to abandon the post WWII stance of not allowing Japan to militarize for several reasons. The most obvious one is that Japan has North Korea and China at it's doorstep and needs to be able to defend itself properly and secondly the US taxpayer has been burdened with the cost of carrying the mantle of "policeman to the world", a mantle the US has willingly donned but now requiring some much needed changes.

Spending more on military than the next twenty-someting countries combined, and most of these are allies, seems out of whack to me.

Having a global forum I'm curious to hear what you all think.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
10-11-2014, 11:54 AM
RE: Time for changes in US Military policy
The politicians in this country are out of control.
I'm afraid it may be too late to rely on them to control themselves and fix this country.
Complete government collapse, revolution by our own citizens, or a foreign invasion seem inevitablele.
Maybe all three at once.
10-11-2014, 01:38 PM
I have a much better idea: completely de-militarize Japan and annex it so it becomes like Puerto Rico. Best not to let those who hate you and are dying to betray you have the means to do so.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
10-11-2014, 01:45 PM
(10-11-2014 01:38 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  I have a much better idea: completely de-militarize Japan and annex it so it becomes like Puerto Rico. Best not to let those who hate you and are dying to betray you have the means to do so.

Do you think the Japanese would like that?

Do you think they "hate" and are "dying to betray" the United States?

Hail and well met if so, stranger from an alternate universe. What colour is your sky?

... this is my signature!
[+] 9 users Like cjlr's post
10-11-2014, 01:57 PM
(10-11-2014 01:38 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  I have a much better idea: completely de-militarize Japan and annex it so it becomes like Puerto Rico. Best not to let those who hate you and are dying to betray you have the means to do so.

Didja read the article? They got no cash. They couldn't pull that off even if they wanted to. Another draining war, another hostile nation, more taxpayers back home wanting to know who the fuck had that bright idea... Yeah *much* better than renegotiating a treaty with a strong economic partner who have every reason to want to be allies with the US.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
10-11-2014, 02:38 PM

Or america can get the fuck out, and stay the fuck out instead of turning japan into a bad country.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
10-11-2014, 04:38 PM
(10-11-2014 02:38 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  

Or america can get the fuck out, and stay the fuck out instead of turning japan into a bad country.

I don't see how the US could turn Japan into a "bad" country, what does that even mean?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
10-11-2014, 07:59 PM
Well as of the events from last week.. that's the exact opposite direction the US Military Policy is likely to be taking in the near future.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
11-11-2014, 11:53 AM
(10-11-2014 04:38 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(10-11-2014 02:38 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Or america can get the fuck out, and stay the fuck out instead of turning japan into a bad country.

I don't see how the US could turn Japan into a "bad" country, what does that even mean?

Every country america takes turns to shit.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
11-11-2014, 08:51 PM
(11-11-2014 11:53 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(10-11-2014 04:38 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I don't see how the US could turn Japan into a "bad" country, what does that even mean?

Every country america takes turns to shit.

Strange tangent you're taking this on. How about addressing the OP Mr. Zeke?