Time is an emergent phenomenon

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-10-2013, 05:40 AM
RE: Time is an emergent phenomenon
(28-10-2013 10:18 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(28-10-2013 09:59 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Well, I should hope!

I do try to know a little about science, you know.

Tongue

Between all the conspiracies it's a wonder you "scientists" have time for anything. Wasn't today your day to oppress Luminon?

He begged off and asked me to sub or him. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
29-10-2013, 08:01 AM
(29-10-2013 05:40 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(28-10-2013 10:18 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Between all the conspiracies it's a wonder you "scientists" have time for anything. Wasn't today your day to oppress Luminon?

He begged off and asked me to sub or him. Drinking Beverage

Yeah, Monday is for anti-... er, anti-[whatever-the-fuck] Luminon is on about (but you can bet your ass it's a conspiracy!).

Tuesday is for making fake satellite photos and astronomical data to perpetuate the false structure of the solar system, don't you know.

On Wednesday we make the fake fossils and then hide them and then pretend to uncover them and then pretend to analyse them.

On Thursday we fake quantum mechanics - what, you didn't think the article(s) in the OP were real, did you? If anything feels non-intuitive to a willfully ignorant layman then of course it can't be real.

Friday is for squeezing in a bit of my real research and work. Which is, of course, "real" analysis based on conspiratorial and fraudulent bases. But naturally because I wish to progress through the conformist and authoritarian hierarchy that is Science ™ I must go along with it, which I do willingly because I enjoy fleecing the sheeple.

Weekends are for catching up on marking - which is of course necessary to begin the indoctrination of the next generation.

It's only a shame that it takes up so much time, because it leaves me with so little opportunity to spend and enjoy the vast rewards that accrue (I mean, with all my graduate funding I'm cracking five figures here!) for such willing participation in so many vast and incomparably powerful conspiracies.

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
29-10-2013, 08:12 AM
Time is a concept used and made up by humans. Was there time before humans? if so, then what entity was using this time or needed time?

NEXT

Drinking Beverage
29-10-2013, 08:30 AM
(29-10-2013 08:12 AM)I and I Wrote:  Time is a concept used and made up by humans. Was there time before humans? if so, then what entity was using this time or needed time?

NEXT

I saw that I&I commented on this thread, so I just had to come and check it out. I was not disappointed Big Grin

Made my day Big Grin

so funny Big Grin

Fun "paradox": The higher the selection pressure, the slower evolution takes place.
29-10-2013, 09:26 AM
So the real point of this demonstration is that outside the quantum bubble that is our universe our concept of time is irrelevant and in fact unobservable, making that outside the eternal realm of a god or gods. They are free to move within their own time-space that is not entangled with our own time-space.

Of course, if they ever stated to interact with our universe they would become entangled with it and therefore start to generate interactions between our space-time and theirs. This means they must keep interactions relatively simple and well-controlled. Although they are omnipotent it is in the "nature" only to interact briefly in interventions called "miracles".

This also accounts for the seemingly-unnecessary scale of the universe - A fair whack of space is needed to form a bubble around the civilisation the god is cultivating to reduce the incidence of accidental entanglement.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.