Time is like water

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-06-2012, 07:41 PM
Time is like water
As I was taking a shower I was thinking about time, mostly when I'm in the shower I have clearer toughts and it's easier to think. I was comparing time with water like in a river. Normally a river is dull and unchanging, the water just goes forward. That is untill you place an object in it, the water suddenly tries to go around the object and slows down around it. Over time the water will have the upperhand and the object will fall apart.
So then I was thinking, what if you placed an object so big it would stop the water so in essence stopping time. How big would that object have to be to stop time? The size of the universe? Also, is it possible to trap some of that water so you have unchanging space you can move around in, technically move around in spacetime as much as you want? It would need shields that stop time in a certain location but how do you stop time locally? Any theories or is my metaphor wrong?

chan chan ki sikin aman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2012, 07:06 AM
RE: Time is like water
(01-06-2012 07:41 PM)Crusher Wrote:  So then I was thinking, what if you placed an object so big it would stop the water so in essence stopping time. How big would that object have to be to stop time? The size of the universe? Also, is it possible to trap some of that water so you have unchanging space you can move around in, technically move around in spacetime as much as you want? It would need shields that stop time in a certain location but how do you stop time locally? Any theories or is my metaphor wrong?

You might be interested in black holes. It is postulated that, under certain conditions, spacetime is warped, and essentially slows to a stop, by massive dense objects, (not necessarily massive sized objects). It's called a "singularity".

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Political skeptic .. if there is a bad reason something bad might have happened, you can bet your ass, that's why it happened.
02-06-2012, 07:20 AM
There ain't no time. There's entropy. "Moving around" represents an increase in information and thus an increase in entropy, as there is a sense of differentiation. It is the differentiation between now and then that provides for the illusion of time.

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
02-06-2012, 06:29 PM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2012 06:56 PM by Bucky Ball.)
http://www.scholarpedia.org/article/Time...'s_entropy

If there is more to it, it may come to be understood as continually collapsing wave functions.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wave_function_collapse
http://www.timephysics.com/what-causes-time.html

Political skeptic .. if there is a bad reason something bad might have happened, you can bet your ass, that's why it happened.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
03-06-2012, 06:44 AM
(01-06-2012 07:41 PM)Crusher Wrote:  As I was taking a shower I was thinking about time, mostly when I'm in the shower I have clearer toughts and it's easier to think. I was comparing time with water like in a river. Normally a river is dull and unchanging, the water just goes forward. That is untill you place an object in it, the water suddenly tries to go around the object and slows down around it. Over time the water will have the upperhand and the object will fall apart.
So then I was thinking, what if you placed an object so big it would stop the water so in essence stopping time. How big would that object have to be to stop time? The size of the universe? Also, is it possible to trap some of that water so you have unchanging space you can move around in, technically move around in spacetime as much as you want? It would need shields that stop time in a certain location but how do you stop time locally? Any theories or is my metaphor wrong?
I used to smoke some herb, and listen to this. It was quite enlightening.

Why are you still reading this line when it is obviously my signature line?
[+] 1 user Likes FaceOfBoe's post
03-06-2012, 07:22 AM
Been watching them UFO programs - cause they're entertaining - and got to thinking that "time moving forward" is entropy and "time moving backward" is gravity. Also that when we are "at rest" we are still moving at a certain rate, that "time moving backwards" is more accurately described as "moving slower." That time and gravity form the canvas for the pigment that is reality, that to see beyond the canvas is to see like god, where there is no differentiation, and where this shows most clearly and commonly is with love.

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
03-06-2012, 09:21 AM
Our ancestors created "time" yet we did not create the universe = Time doesnt exist.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
04-06-2012, 07:10 AM
Time is real enough to cause geostationary clocks to run at different rates depending on how close they are to the earth's gravity well. Does the time = entropy theory or the man created time theory explain this? Smile It seems we also need to at least put the dimensions of space into this canvas for the pigment that is reality bucket alongside time and gravity.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
04-06-2012, 03:37 PM
(04-06-2012 07:10 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Time is real enough to cause geostationary clocks to run at different rates depending on how close they are to the earth's gravity well. Does the time = entropy theory or the man created time theory explain this? Smile It seems we also need to at least put the dimensions of space into this canvas for the pigment that is reality bucket alongside time and gravity.

I think the observation is correct, but don't assume it's the "gravity well", that's the cause. That's the same mistake that exposed Lazar, to me anyway (Area 51 fraudster). An object that is on the surface of the Earth, is travelling faster than the one "deeper", thus has a faster relative speed. The clocks run differently, not because of mass, or mass attractions, but because of their relative speeds, (being different). Thank you Albert, (Einstein - Relativity). Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post