Time management

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-08-2013, 10:34 AM
Time management
This post itself is antithetical to its purpose, but oh well. I waste way too much time during the day (a dig at myself there and a heads-up that I will have to spend less time here) on various sites. Just plain fucking-off. I have downloaded a chrome extension called StayFocused that blocks sites after you have been on them for some allotted amount of time and downloaded a white noise app for my cell phone to block out background noise. I also downloaded an app to my pc called ResuceTime that monitors how much time you spend on various sites or programs, so you can track where you are wasting too much time.

So, here is my question. Does anyone else have any helpful hints, apps, or programs for improving productivity, curbing distractions, and increasing general focus?

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2013, 10:50 AM
RE: Time management
eat somewhat healthy (not too much though) and just get angry at wasting time. Also, get something more important/interesting to do than what you have to do, that way you'll procrastinate the important thing with what you have to do.

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
05-08-2013, 10:59 AM
(05-08-2013 10:50 AM)nach_in Wrote:  eat somewhat healthy (not too much though) and just get angry at wasting time. Also, get something more important/interesting to do than what you have to do, that way you'll procrastinate the important thing with what you have to do.

The problem is that most everything I have to do is interesting (I have some stuff to move but that's about it for the uninteresting stuff, and I'll have some grading to do once classes start back).

I downloaded a document creator called OmmWriter that blocks out all other applications while it is up and plays soothing music in the background. It's nice.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
05-08-2013, 11:11 AM
(05-08-2013 10:59 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(05-08-2013 10:50 AM)nach_in Wrote:  eat somewhat healthy (not too much though) and just get angry at wasting time. Also, get something more important/interesting to do than what you have to do, that way you'll procrastinate the important thing with what you have to do.

The problem is that most everything I have to do is interesting (I have some stuff to move but that's about it for the uninteresting stuff, and I'll have some grading to do once classes start back).

I downloaded a document creator called OmmWriter that blocks out all other applications while it is up and plays soothing music in the background. It's nice.

move things and grade stuff? that's uninteresting? you have it easy dude Tongue

Anyway, to each their own, it's hard to manage time if it doesn't come naturally...

05-08-2013, 11:13 AM
(05-08-2013 10:34 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  This post itself is antithetical to its purpose, but oh well. I waste way too much time during the day (a dig at myself there and a heads-up that I will have to spend less time here) on various sites. Just plain fucking-off. I have downloaded a chrome extension called StayFocused that blocks sites after you have been on them for some allotted amount of time and downloaded a white noise app for my cell phone to block out background noise. I also downloaded an app to my pc called ResuceTime that monitors how much time you spend on various sites or programs, so you can track where you are wasting too much time.

So, here is my question. Does anyone else have any helpful hints, apps, or programs for improving productivity, curbing distractions, and increasing general focus?

Post Its?Drinking Beverage

Seriously, I really use my Outlook calendar a lot but I focus pretty well when I have something to do.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
05-08-2013, 11:49 AM
Who gives a fuck?
Dick around, life's too long to be so serious all the time.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
05-08-2013, 11:54 AM
(05-08-2013 11:49 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Who gives a fuck?

said the teenager Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
05-08-2013, 11:55 AM
(05-08-2013 11:54 AM)nach_in Wrote:  
(05-08-2013 11:49 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Who gives a fuck?

said the teenager Drinking Beverage

Said the 22 year old...

[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
05-08-2013, 12:02 PM
(05-08-2013 11:55 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(05-08-2013 11:54 AM)nach_in Wrote:  said the teenager Drinking Beverage

Said the 22 year old...

pfft... big difference

05-08-2013, 12:06 PM
(05-08-2013 12:02 PM)nach_in Wrote:  
(05-08-2013 11:55 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Said the 22 year old...

pfft... big difference

I know it's a big difference, that's why I pointed it out.

[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post