Time slowing down?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-10-2011, 10:58 PM
RE: Time slowing down?
Good job outta you all! I appreciate it a bunch.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Jhawk13's post
01-11-2011, 03:08 AM
The thought I have is where did he get this idea? I think I know - probably he's seen something somewhere about how the Earth's rotation is slowing down - ... googles ... aaaaand: tada Smile

http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CE/CE011.html

My guess is that he confuses Earth's axial rotation slowing down with Earth's orbital speed slowing down...

In any case, doesn't the Bible say that God decided to limit man's years later on after a whole bunch of people had carried on living for hundreds of years? Way to limit man's years God, just slow down the whole planet why don't ya Big Grin This argues for a God who cares about semantics more than smiting the wicked... surely not correct Wink
Find all posts by this user
01-11-2011, 05:55 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2011 06:04 PM by houseofcantor.)
(31-10-2011 02:52 PM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  
(30-10-2011 05:07 PM)Karl Wrote:  It has been theorised that time is slowing down, as the expanding universe reaches the end of the shockwave from the expansion from the big bag it will start to collapse back in on itself causing time to slow and then reverse.

I have heard this, but I also know that the universe expansion is speeding up, not slowing down. Given enough time there is no guarantee gravity will have enough pull to collapse it back. However, I was unaware that time might begin to reverse when the universe collapses back on itself. Interesting.

Personally, I think that time doesn't actually exist, rather it is just something mad made to help use understand physical anomalies.
Here is a good article from Discovery.
http://discovermagazine.com/2007/jun/in-...:int=0&-C=

I'm convinced, that for all intents and purposes, time = entropy. So to wonder if time is slowing down, it is best to consider all 13.7 billion years of it - and yeah, the consensus it that expansion is speeding up.

What else? Variance in c.
What else? Variance in Planck time.
What else? Buncha atheists putting the smackdown to creationist non-thinking. Tongue

There's even Penrose and his Oscillating Universe and Witten with his M theory. There's always some more thinking that can be done. There ain't no god greater than Gwyneth Paltrow - so I don't wanna hear "goddidit." Tongue

(Oh, yay atheist! For thinking of Planck time before even scoping out this link - cause atheist knows stuff Big Grin)

(from the article)As Rovelli explains it, in quantum mechanics all particles of matter and energy can also be described as waves. And waves have an unusual property: An infinite number of them can exist in the same location. If time and space are one day shown to consist of quanta, the quanta could all exist piled together in a single dimensionless point. “Space and time in some sense melt in this picture,” says Rovelli. “There is no space anymore. There are just quanta kind of living on top of one another without being immersed in a space.”

Is that quanta Pure Number? Is there discreteness? Inquiring minds wanna know!

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user