Time to choke the stepdaughter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-04-2017, 07:08 PM
Time to choke the stepdaughter
Last last week one of the grand dogs broke a K9 tooth. Kiddo waited until today to drop her off at the vet on her way to work to have it pulled. After work while on her way back to the vet to pick poor Bella up she calls her mom, and tells her she needs us to dog sit because she's going to Birmingham to see Blink 182. Now we're stuck at home with a drugged but still in pain dog that suffers from separation anxiety while she is out enjoying herself.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-04-2017, 07:15 PM
RE: Time to choke the stepdaughter
(25-04-2017 07:08 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  Last last week one of the grand dogs broke a K9 tooth. Kiddo waited until today to drop her off at the vet on her way to work to have it pulled. After work while on her way back to the vet to pick poor Bella up she calls her mom, and tells her she needs us to dog sit because she's going to Birmingham to see Blink 182. Now we're stuck at home with a drugged but still in pain dog that suffers from separation anxiety while she is out enjoying herself.

Not everyone should have a dog. Or any pet.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
25-04-2017, 07:19 PM
Who's dog is it?
25-04-2017, 07:38 PM
(25-04-2017 07:15 PM)Dom Wrote:  Not everyone should have a dog. Or any pet.

Actually she's not a bad doggy mama. She's put a shit ton of time work and money into this particular problem child pup. What she needs is a mom that's not quite so accommodating all the time.

25-04-2017, 07:40 PM
Aww poor doggie.

You're still a nice guy for doggie sitting.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

25-04-2017, 07:49 PM
(25-04-2017 07:38 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  
(25-04-2017 07:15 PM)Dom Wrote:  Not everyone should have a dog. Or any pet.

Actually she's not a bad doggy mama. She's put a shit ton of time work and money into this particular problem child pup. What she needs is a mom that's not quite so accommodating all the time.

Time to choke the mom?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
25-04-2017, 07:55 PM
(25-04-2017 07:49 PM)Dom Wrote:  Time to choke the mom?

No. It's the daughter that's taking advantage of mom. We dog sit on a regular basis. We had her for a week not long ago while they went to Houston. It's just the short notice shit that get's me. That's more often than not, and tonight I'm just not buying the I forgot about the concert tonight when I took her to the vet story...

25-04-2017, 08:00 PM
I think she's taking advantage of your love for dogs.

I think you're probably really nice and deep down enjoying caring for her dog even on short notice but you feel like she's taking advantage of you because she is. I suggest telling her no or charging her $50 bucks or so because that's about what a kennel costs.
25-04-2017, 08:12 PM
(25-04-2017 08:00 PM)ImFred Wrote:  I think she's taking advantage of your love for dogs.

I think you're probably really nice and deep down enjoying caring for her dog even on short notice but you feel like she's taking advantage of you because she is. I suggest telling her no or charging her $50 bucks or so because that's about what a kennel costs.

The problem with taking care of Bella is the separation anxiety. We can't crate her because she hurts herself. We won't leave her home alone because we're afraid she would trash the place, and I'm not donating my nice leather sofa as a chew toy pacifier.

Any suggestions for severe separation anxiety, Dom?

25-04-2017, 08:33 PM
If I'm just getting on your nerves I'll drop out but do you think if told your step daughter that it was irresponsible plus she's taking advantage of you using your love for dogs as a kind of emotional blackmail she might stop pulling this crap? I know she must be young...