Time to gun shop...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-09-2012, 03:11 PM
Time to gun shop...
I am starting to research guns, so that I can figure out what would be the best one for me to be able to easily carry and handle. I have held off due to the nerve damage that affected my arms and hands, but that seems to be under control (finally).

I came out of Target last night and the car next to me was parked really crooked and I couldn't get out of the parking spot. The guy was in the car. I got out of mine and asked if he would back up and align his car so I could get out. He gave me a look, backed his car up enough to completely block me in, and started making a call on his cell phone. I didn't want to try to walk back by for fear that he would try to hit me. I got in my car and called 911. I guess he figured out what I was doing but it still took about three more minutes before he backed out and went to the other side of the parking lot.

So, now that I have been scared enough, it's time for a handgun I can carry with me, just in case.

It's not like I haven't shot a gun before, I used to own a pistol, and I was in the Army so I have shot an M-16 and and M-60 machine gun, so I am not afraid of guns.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-09-2012, 03:15 PM
RE: Time to gun shop...
(22-09-2012 03:11 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I am starting to research guns, so that I can figure out what would be the best one for me to be able to easily carry and handle. I have held off due to the nerve damage that affected my arms and hands, but that seems to be under control (finally).

I came out of Target last night and the car next to me was parked really crooked and I couldn't get out of the parking spot. The guy was in the car. I got out of mine and asked if he would back up and align his car so I could get out. He gave me a look, backed his car up enough to completely block me in, and started making a call on his cell phone. I didn't want to try to walk back by for fear that he would try to hit me. I got in my car and called 911. I guess he figured out what I was doing but it still took about three more minutes before he backed out and went to the other side of the parking lot.

So, now that I have been scared enough, it's time for a handgun I can carry with me, just in case.

It's not like I haven't shot a gun before, I used to own a pistol, and I was in the Army so I have shot an M-16 and and M-60 machine gun, so I am not afraid of guns.

Are you looking for suggestions or advice?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-09-2012, 03:16 PM
Yes, if anyone has knowledge regarding a small, yet effective, handgun that is lightweight with limited recoil.

22-09-2012, 03:17 PM
Time to gun shop...
Well you're in Texas, so lucky you, you get to carry!

Do you want a nice .357 Magnum single action revolver so you don't have to worry about jamming and a caliber big enough to stop an attacker from advancing?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
22-09-2012, 03:20 PM
I definitely DON'T want something that just going to piss someone off. But I do have to have something that I can carry and manage since I still lack a lot of upper body strength.

Instead of terse and deadly...I need compact and deadly.

22-09-2012, 03:25 PM
(22-09-2012 03:16 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Yes, if anyone has knowledge regarding a small, yet effective, handgun that is lightweight with limited recoil.

I have smallish hands, so finding handguns that I can effectively handle took some looking.

The Sig Sauer P230 is 9mm Kurz (9mm short == .380 Auto), the action is DA/SA.

This is an effective caliber with reasonable recoil. The P230 has been replaced by the P232. There is also a smaller P238.

I'm a fan of Sig Sauer - superb design and quality, reasonable prices.

22-09-2012, 03:26 PM
(22-09-2012 03:20 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I definitely DON'T want something that just going to piss someone off. But I do have to have something that I can carry and manage since I still lack a lot of upper body strength.

Instead of terse and deadly...I need compact and deadly.

In person, I'm compact and deadly. Yes

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
22-09-2012, 03:27 PM
The Walther PPK is a small gun that will fit nicely in your hand and your purse, or shoulder harness.

[Image: 138263-james_bond_sean_connery.jpg]

Plus, it's the most bitchin' handgun in the world. Thumbsup

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
22-09-2012, 03:29 PM
(22-09-2012 03:27 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  The Walther PPK is a small gun that will fit nicely in your hand and your purse, or shoulder harness.

Some say the Sig P230 is the modern version of the PPK. Same caliber.

22-09-2012, 03:32 PM
(22-09-2012 03:29 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-09-2012 03:27 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  The Walther PPK is a small gun that will fit nicely in your hand and your purse, or shoulder harness.

Some say the Sig P230 is the modern version of the PPK. Same caliber.

The Sig Sauer is indeed rockin' too! Thumbsup

~Izel