Time to gun shop...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-09-2012, 03:38 PM
RE: Time to gun shop...
Anjele - Do you have a gun range close by where you can try a few weapons out? The .357, .40 are pretty hefty rounds, the usually stop the problem and Glock makes both in a smaller frame but if you're uncomfortable with the caliber it really isn't good.

The .380 should be easy to handle and will take care of the average issue.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-09-2012, 03:39 PM (This post was last modified: 22-09-2012 03:46 PM by GirlyMan.)
(22-09-2012 03:20 PM)Anjele Wrote:  But I do have to have something that I can carry and manage since I still lack a lot of upper body strength.

Instead of terse and deadly...I need compact and deadly.

You don't need deadly, you just need get the fuck outta my face motherfucker. Tazers and pepper spray will both do that. Girly's got a shitload of Mossberg shotguns for home defense but I got zero handguns. Would've offed myself long ago if I had handguns. I don't need them. ... If I think I can't sumo you I will just taze or pepper spray your ass. ... And just leave your ass writhing on the ground and go on about my business.. Wink

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
22-09-2012, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, and yes, there are gun ranges nearby that we are going to try to get to in the next couple weeks. We know of one that is also a gun store and they do rent guns to try out. However, not the place to buy, just the place to try.

Have actually looked at a Walther, as well as some others and searched the Interwebz for pages regarding handguns for women.

Damn, our area used to be pretty safe for being so close to Dallas.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
22-09-2012, 03:47 PM
(22-09-2012 03:32 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(22-09-2012 03:29 PM)Chas Wrote:  Some say the Sig P230 is the modern version of the PPK. Same caliber.

The Sig Sauer is indeed rockin' too! Thumbsup

Video link ain't workin' for me. Huh

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-09-2012, 04:01 PM
Time to gun shop...
(22-09-2012 03:47 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-09-2012 03:32 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  The Sig Sauer is indeed rockin' too! Thumbsup

Video link ain't workin' for me. Huh

Can you hear me now

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
22-09-2012, 06:54 PM
(22-09-2012 03:11 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I came out of Target last night and the car next to me was parked really crooked and I couldn't get out of the parking spot. The guy was in the car. I got out of mine and asked if he would back up and align his car so I could get out. He gave me a look, backed his car up enough to completely block me in, and started making a call on his cell phone. I didn't want to try to walk back by for fear that he would try to hit me. I got in my car and called 911. I guess he figured out what I was doing but it still took about three more minutes before he backed out and went to the other side of the parking lot.

How would carrying a gun have helped you in dealing with this asshole? It wasn't a life-threatening situation, so even if he saw your gun, he'd know you couldn't use it.

Not being critical. I genuinely don't understand.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
22-09-2012, 07:52 PM
(22-09-2012 06:54 PM)cufflink Wrote:  
(22-09-2012 03:11 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I came out of Target last night and the car next to me was parked really crooked and I couldn't get out of the parking spot. The guy was in the car. I got out of mine and asked if he would back up and align his car so I could get out. He gave me a look, backed his car up enough to completely block me in, and started making a call on his cell phone. I didn't want to try to walk back by for fear that he would try to hit me. I got in my car and called 911. I guess he figured out what I was doing but it still took about three more minutes before he backed out and went to the other side of the parking lot.

How would carrying a gun have helped you in dealing with this asshole? It wasn't a life-threatening situation, so even if he saw your gun, he'd know you couldn't use it.

Not being critical. I genuinely don't understand.
I couldn't see into the back windows to see if anyone else was in the SUV. Since he purposely blocked me in when I asked him if he would move so I could get out, that was an aggressive move. Then he made a phone call...to who? His helpers on the other side of the parking lot?

With a gun, I would have done the same thing in that situation, I'd call 911. However if I had been approached...seemed he was trying to pin me there, why, I don't know but I don't think it was for a chat...NO, he doesn't know I wouldn't have used it. Alone, at night, pinned in purposely...if approached, I would shoot.

And here in Texas, you are really a dumb ass if you think someone that points a gun at you won't shoot. Male or female.

I didn't survive cancer to be accosted by some asshole.

Oh, and I am a Criminal Justice major, as well as an Army veteran...tougher than I look...mentally, not physically thanks in part to the cancer.

Don't see your question as a criticism...just looking for clarity...fair enough.

22-09-2012, 07:53 PM
Sounds like you need a ruger 22.

[Image: Gemtech-OASIS-Supressor-Pistol.jpg]

Just remember the golden rule, 2 in the chest and 1 in the head.
You can be in and out in 10seconds and nobody would ever know you were there.
Then simply drive along the motorway out of state and throw the gun parts in rivers along the way.

Oh and don't forget to file down the rifling and file off the serial numbers.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
22-09-2012, 07:55 PM
Haha...that what I had when I lived in Arizona and commuted through the desert at night Muffs. I think I want bigger, better, badder bullets.

22-09-2012, 08:04 PM
(22-09-2012 07:55 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Haha...that what I had when I lived in Arizona and commuted through the desert at night Muffs. I think I want bigger, better, badder bullets.

Bigger, better, badder you say?

Well I wouldn't recommend it, you'd draw a lot of attention to yourself which kinda defeats the purpose of hitwomen, but okay let me think.

Hmmm, perhaps a .357?

[Image: 357Magnum.jpg]

Loud, poweful as fuck, pure badass.

Nah, to much kick.

Glock?

[Image: glock17.jpg]

Nah, to common and boring.

I got it!

What you need is the greatest handgun ever made, the m1911.
Sexy, got a bit power behind it, pure classic.

[Image: 300px-Colt_Model_of_1911_U.S._Army_b.png]

Someone giving you trouble just pull that bad boy out, spit out your chewing tobacco and say "They gave me this in the war, it's killed over 50 nazi's so it's used to killing scumbags and will have no problem killing you. Now back the fuck up bitch!"

Bitches would be running for miles from you, trust me.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.