Time to revisit the Dino Book. Looking for more ideas.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-06-2014, 06:58 AM
RE: Time to revisit the Dino Book. Looking for more ideas.
(06-06-2014 06:43 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(06-06-2014 02:41 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I'm not disputing that... I'm just saying Dino book would no longer have it's namesake is not-dinos are added...

He's 4.

Yes, he can sub-classify prehistoric animals, but if he wants to call all of them "dinosaurs" I'm going to let him.

He's a little confused as to what the word actually means, anyway. I've tried explaining to him that it's a classification of animal, which he understands, but he also uses it in its broader sense to mean "old animals".

So... again... he's 4. I'm not going to fight that fight.

The fact that he can classify a T-Rex as a dinosaur, a carnivore, and a theropod is enough for now.

I explained classifications using King. We were sitting there petting him and talking about dinosaurs. I asked him what King was.

"He's a dog."

"That's right. He's also a mammal."

"He's a mammal dog?"

"Close enough."

You and I are two very difference people, KC.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-06-2014, 07:04 AM
(06-06-2014 06:58 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(06-06-2014 06:43 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  He's 4.

Yes, he can sub-classify prehistoric animals, but if he wants to call all of them "dinosaurs" I'm going to let him.

He's a little confused as to what the word actually means, anyway. I've tried explaining to him that it's a classification of animal, which he understands, but he also uses it in its broader sense to mean "old animals".

So... again... he's 4. I'm not going to fight that fight.

The fact that he can classify a T-Rex as a dinosaur, a carnivore, and a theropod is enough for now.

I explained classifications using King. We were sitting there petting him and talking about dinosaurs. I asked him what King was.

"He's a dog."

"That's right. He's also a mammal."

"He's a mammal dog?"

"Close enough."

You and I are two very difference people, KC.

How so?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
06-06-2014, 07:18 AM
(06-06-2014 07:04 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(06-06-2014 06:58 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  You and I are two very difference people, KC.

How so?

You are certainly more easy going than I am, regarding both children and inaccuracies. I am definitely not. I can't stand children and I tend to be a little anal retentive about those kinds of detail.

Hence, we are two very different people.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
06-06-2014, 07:20 AM
(06-06-2014 07:18 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(06-06-2014 07:04 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  How so?

You are certainly more easy going than I am, regarding both children and inaccuracies. I am definitely not. I can't stand children and I tend to be a little anal retentive about those kinds of detail.

Ahhh ok.

Actually though, you and I are very much alike. You just described me before I had kids. I'm telling you, once you have kids all of that will probably change.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
06-06-2014, 07:32 AM
(06-06-2014 07:20 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(06-06-2014 07:18 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  You are certainly more easy going than I am, regarding both children and inaccuracies. I am definitely not. I can't stand children and I tend to be a little anal retentive about those kinds of detail.

Ahhh ok.

Actually though, you and I are very much alike. You just described me before I had kids. I'm telling you, once you have kids all of that will probably change.

I can't imagine a scenario where I'd actually want to pass along my genes. Let alone a scenario where I'd find an agreeable person with whom the necessities may be performed.

06-06-2014, 12:34 PM
(06-06-2014 07:32 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(06-06-2014 07:20 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Ahhh ok.

I can't imagine a scenario where I'd actually want to pass along my genes. Let alone a scenario where I'd find an agreeable person with whom the necessities may be performed.

You will see it, slapped on the ass of the female you fall in love with.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
06-06-2014, 05:28 PM
(06-06-2014 12:34 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(06-06-2014 07:32 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I can't imagine a scenario where I'd actually want to pass along my genes. Let alone a scenario where I'd find an agreeable person with whom the necessities may be performed.

You will see it, slapped on the ass of the female you fall in love with.

Again, can't see that happening.

06-06-2014, 05:32 PM
(06-06-2014 07:32 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(06-06-2014 07:20 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Ahhh ok.

Go sperm donor. And you get paid. There's probably a shitload of little GirlyMen running around out there I don't know about. Big Grin

#sigh
06-06-2014, 05:32 PM
No one is buying that this book is for anyone other than KC. Angel

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
06-06-2014, 05:36 PM
(06-06-2014 05:32 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(06-06-2014 07:32 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I can't imagine a scenario where I'd actually want to pass along my genes. Let alone a scenario where I'd find an agreeable person with whom the necessities may be performed.

Go sperm donor. And you get paid. There's probably a shitload of little GirlyMen running around out there I don't know about. Big Grin

Yeah... no.

Not only would such a situation feel far too awkward for me to even comprehend starting such a venture, but I don't got no genes I want passed on! Horrible, horrible genes, I have.