Tinkercad (design for 3D printing)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-01-2014, 04:52 PM
Tinkercad (design for 3D printing)
Has anyone used this yet? https://tinkercad.com/about/

The library just got a 3D printer for anyone to use (as well as other fun stuff, like Espresso Book Machine, green screens, digital conversion hardware and game consoles).

I'm freaking out a little. The public can go play and use all this. 3D printer is $0.10 CAD per gram of filament.

So much to learn!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2014, 05:14 PM
RE: Tinkercad (design for 3D printing)
What would you create? Now that it's possible that I can do this myself to some degree, I am drawing a blank! WTH.

02-01-2014, 08:05 PM
(02-01-2014 04:52 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Has anyone used this yet? https://tinkercad.com/about/

The library just got a 3D printer for anyone to use (as well as other fun stuff, like Espresso Book Machine, green screens, digital conversion hardware and game consoles).

I'm freaking out a little. The public can go play and use all this. 3D printer is $0.10 CAD per gram of filament.

So much to learn!

Awesome!

It won't be long when we have 3D printers at home. I remember when colour laser printers first came out. Ooooh! You had to go to a print shop to get your documents printed in "high resolution" colour. Similarly for photo-quality inkjet printers. Now (2D) printers are cheaper than their ink.

I would start with something small like a piece of (faux) kitsch jewellery, a ring in a gaudy colour. Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chippy's post
02-01-2014, 08:15 PM
Yeah, I'm thinking a miniature series of a whole bunch of random stuff. Some salt and pepper shakers, some centaurs, and maybe some official TTA awards I could mail out or something. Ha ha.

I'd be kinda scared for 3D printers to be used in people's homes. Some crazy people can make some crazy things.
03-01-2014, 10:56 PM
well an ashtray is probably not a good idea.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".