Tips for massive weight loss?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-11-2016, 11:01 AM
RE: Tips for massive weight loss?
I do agree but not everybody is exercising that much so the idea of peaks and so on would have to be adjusted to the modern lazy couch potatoe.
But I do think a life style change can always include a bit of exersize.
In my case cycling and walking more.
I did try diets and diets did work but everytime I was done, of course I gained it all back. What worked best for me was a high protein low carb diet. But it fucked up some stuff that my doctor found out in some blood works. So that is not an option any more (which I am not sad about because I really don't like proteins much and have to fight to get the required amount every day).

I am not yet hitting the gym, always found the gym boring. But if my new lifestyle (portion control, watching what I eat, no candy, cycling, walking more) hasn't brought me any visible changes in half a year, then I will do it. More as a chore than because I want to. But I do my chores because I have to Wink Especially with my goal of being fit for the difficult parts of the zip lining park next summer, I should probably get my upper body strength going.

One thing that I discovered recently: Apparently part of my weight gain is genetic. My mother became fat around the same time I started to gain weight. But, genetics or not, I do think that I can achieve a normal weight with some dedication and self control.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post
02-11-2016, 11:26 AM
RE: Tips for massive weight loss?
(02-11-2016 11:01 AM)Leela Wrote:  I do agree but not everybody is exercising that much so the idea of peaks and so on would have to be adjusted to the modern lazy couch potatoe.
But I do think a life style change can always include a bit of exersize.
In my case cycling and walking more.
I did try diets and diets did work but everytime I was done, of course I gained it all back. What worked best for me was a high protein low carb diet. But it fucked up some stuff that my doctor found out in some blood works. So that is not an option any more (which I am not sad about because I really don't like proteins much and have to fight to get the required amount every day).

I am not yet hitting the gym, always found the gym boring. But if my new lifestyle (portion control, watching what I eat, no candy, cycling, walking more) hasn't brought me any visible changes in half a year, then I will do it. More as a chore than because I want to. But I do my chores because I have to Wink Especially with my goal of being fit for the difficult parts of the zip lining park next summer, I should probably get my upper body strength going.

One thing that I discovered recently: Apparently part of my weight gain is genetic. My mother became fat around the same time I started to gain weight. But, genetics or not, I do think that I can achieve a normal weight with some dedication and self control.

I don't like meat protein either. It skeeves me. So I'm vegan because meat doesn't appeal to me and also, I love animals and so I just can't eat them.

Some of my friends who are vegan are very skinny and sometimes I do worry how healthy they are. So I went to a nutritionist early on in my veganism because I didn't want to be sickly thin. I like having a lil T and A Wink and I didn't want to lose that by becoming too skinny. Tongue

Anyway, a nutritionist might be helpful in your journey--whatever diet you decide to follow.

You sound like you are doing a great job with everything and I think it's great that you have an upcoming goal to look forward to. I wish you continued success!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post