Tips, tricks, hacks...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-11-2017, 03:41 PM
RE: Tips, tricks, hacks...
(12-11-2017 03:34 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(12-11-2017 03:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  If all you have is reggie, eating some mangoes about 45 minutes before smoking increases it's potency.

How?

Myrcene and the blood-brain barrier. Smile

There is but one truly serious philosophical problem. - Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
12-11-2017, 06:09 PM
(11-11-2017 07:05 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(11-11-2017 01:33 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  It's better than aluminum foil, shit still sticks to aluminum foil. ... I wonder if I can put parchment on the grill? ... Consider .... I think I may be able to put parchment on the grill.

You can as long as it is away from direct fire/heat. Stuff is fine up to 400*f.

[Image: 320x480.jpg]

I think I have that same model of grill.
12-11-2017, 07:24 PM
I found the duplicate key to my Volvo!!! It was in my husband's old coat pocket. It's a coat that he uses to do outside yard stuff. There was a tire pressure guage in the pocket along with my duplicate key. He had worn the coat last spring to check the pressure in my tires and borrowed the extra set to check the window washing liquid. Geesh. I've been going nuts for two days over this. So now all I have to do is spend $400 dollars on the main key that sets the alarm instead of $600 dollars for the main key and a duplicate. Aren't I the lucky one. Rolleyes

Sorry, this has nothing to do with the topic. Except to remind people to empty their pockets before they hang up coats.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
06-08-2018, 01:19 PM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2018 01:25 PM by Gloucester.)
Even when you get to design your own kitchen there are times when, if you are a short-ass lke me, the top shelf in a wall cabinet can be at the limit of reach.

My first solution was to use it only for bulk storage only rarely used, tubs of herbs and spices used to refill the jars in the rack etc. Those live in storage boxes that fill the shelf comfortably - but were still perilous to get off the shelf without them bouncing off my head. With the second idea I am still at full stretch but now secure from bruises! Smile

The second solution? Screw drawer handles that you get your fingers behind to the boxes.

[Image: 20180806_190549.jpg]

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 3 users Like Gloucester's post
06-08-2018, 01:44 PM
Useful tip for Woodworkers. Use old ironing boards for side tables on your cut-off saw
They're lightweight, infinitely adjustable and you find them for free all the time when the cover gets they also work for out tables on a small table saw.
[+] 4 users Like skyking's post
06-08-2018, 02:02 PM
(06-08-2018 01:44 PM)skyking Wrote:  Useful tip for Woodworkers. Use old ironing boards for side tables on your cut-off saw
They're lightweight, infinitely adjustable and you find them for free all the time when the cover gets they also work for out tables on a small table saw.

I bought a piece of MDF just larger than my ironing board when I was doing a college course back in 2014. At right angles to my computer desk it was perfect for the spread of references books when writing assignnents! The adjustable height was a bonus.

Now it gets used for many other purposes. When you live in a very small space everything possible has to have more than one use. I can put the ironingboard/table away in the closet. The small, folding, dining table is permanently covered in electronics kit.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 2 users Like Gloucester's post
06-08-2018, 05:58 PM

(06-08-2018 01:44 PM)skyking Wrote:  Useful tip for Woodworkers. Use old ironing boards for side tables on your cut-off saw

My dad's first operating table (he was a veterinarian) was an ironing board with a piece of Formica countertop secured on top. After he built or bought a better setup I got the ironing board...which I still have. Big Grin
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
07-08-2018, 10:48 AM
I've bought a dozen of these little spray heads which screw on to standard plastic soda bottles. They're particularly great for indoor plants as you don't splash water everywhere—and you control the flow by squeezing the bottle gently. They're worth about 60¢ each.

[Image: 5152EBuetZL._SL1001_.jpg]

Thumbsup

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post