Tired...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-11-2012, 03:04 AM
Tired...
I am so sick of having a whole conversation with people who say that they want to talk about religion with me...which by the way I usually start off with "you are not going to like what I have to say"..and ending up with people telling me that my extreme upbringing aka Mormonism is responsible for my lack of faith... It's almost as if eyes cloud over when you say that.."Christians" that have never had half a mind to question their own beliefs ..where they came from .. Who they came from..what the history of it..who wrote their so called holy books..look at me like I am just trying to be rebellious. "Ohhhhh.. You grew up Mormon...now I understand"... How is it that no one sees the ridiculousness of their own fairy tale..but somehow they have figured me out.... Ugh..maybe this should go in the rank thread...sorry

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like k37713's post
18-11-2012, 03:14 AM
RE: Tired...
It is a very interesting response if you think about it.

They think that their brand of crazy is different and superior to your former brand of crazy, and they are trying to defend themselves. It is the epitome of No True Scotsman.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
18-11-2012, 03:15 AM
Deal with it. We are all tired of something. I am tired of my dead end job sitting here night after fucking night logging in drunken visitors to wastes of flesh until 6am in the morning. Tired of trying to go somewhere and going nowhere, while these shitheads that drink excessively somehow continue to hold down jobs where despite being quite immature make far more money than I do. I wish alcohol would kill within a matter of a year if you drink far too much of it.
18-11-2012, 03:16 AM
Hey, no need to say sorry.

I get that thing all the time, except that its not because Of Mormanism so much as it is me being a teenager.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
18-11-2012, 03:16 AM (This post was last modified: 18-11-2012 03:23 AM by Logisch.)
(18-11-2012 03:04 AM)k37713 Wrote:  I am so sick of having a whole conversation with people who say that they want to talk about religion with me...which by the way I usually start off with "you are not going to like what I have to say"..and ending up with people telling me that my extreme upbringing aka Mormonism is responsible for my lack of faith... It's almost as if eyes cloud over when you say that.."Christians" that have never had half a mind to question their own beliefs ..where they came from .. Who they came from..what the history of it..who wrote their so called holy books..look at me like I am just trying to be rebellious. "Ohhhhh.. You grew up Mormon...now I understand"... How is it that no one sees the ridiculousness of their own fairy tale..but somehow they have figured me out.... Ugh..maybe this should go in the rank thread...sorry
It in itself is the no true scottsman fallacy.
"Well they didn't have true religion x to begin with"
or
"Well they weren't a real christian to begin with"

It becomes extraordinarily frustrating indeed. Sorry to hear that you're dealing with it in friends and family and what not. It's the same thing talking to my family.

"Oh you were an X? Well that's the issue, you never had real faith to begin with!"

Unfortunately, most the time i point out the fallacy, people generally dismiss it as if there is no such thing going on. After all, how can one person "have it right" but everyone else is wrong?
18-11-2012, 03:17 AM
Oh us youngsters can't figure out anything right on our own can we, eh A2?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
18-11-2012, 03:19 AM
(18-11-2012 03:17 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Oh us youngsters can't figure out anything right on our own can we, eh A2?
You know it. I am still need a grownup to tie my fucking shoes Dodgy .

[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
18-11-2012, 03:22 AM
Tired...
(18-11-2012 03:19 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(18-11-2012 03:17 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Oh us youngsters can't figure out anything right on our own can we, eh A2?
You know it. I am still need a grow up to tie my fucking shoes Dodgy .

Why don't you just get the Velcro kind so you can do it yourself?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
18-11-2012, 03:22 AM
(18-11-2012 03:22 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(18-11-2012 03:19 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  You know it. I am still need a grow up to tie my fucking shoes Dodgy .

My mom thinks Velcro is of the devil. Big Grin

[+] 2 users Like Atothetheist's post
18-11-2012, 03:23 AM
(18-11-2012 03:22 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(18-11-2012 03:19 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  You know it. I am still need a grow up to tie my fucking shoes Dodgy .

hahahaha