Tired of living

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-03-2017, 08:38 PM
Tired of living
Do you ever just feel tired of living? I don't mean depressed per se, just tired of it all.

I feel tired. I feel sick of putting up with all the unnecessary crap.

**** I am not suicidal. I am not going to hurt myself. I just want to talk to anyone who is willing to listen.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like KUSA's post
31-03-2017, 08:40 PM
RE: Tired of living
(31-03-2017 08:38 PM)KUSA Wrote:  Do you ever just feel tired of living? I don't mean depressed per se, just tired of it all.

I feel tired. I feel sick of putting up with all the unnecessary crap.

**** I am not suicidal. I am not going to hurt myself. I just want to talk to anyone who is willing to listen.

You've been through the wringer.

Hug

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
31-03-2017, 08:49 PM
Let’s talk...

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
31-03-2017, 08:52 PM
Tired of living
My last two weeks started out with a vacation and then ended up with the death of my sister in law. The viewing was last night and the funeral is tomorrow.

I've been away from home for a while now and miss being home. I don't ever feel rested or alert due to all the stress. Meanwhile all the other things in my life have to be taken care of. I can't think clearly.

I've had so many arguments with family because everyone is stressed. I want this to be over. I feel terrible.
31-03-2017, 08:58 PM
We've been through a few terrible deaths and funerals in my family, too. It is exhausting, even without added guilt.

I remember how happy and excited you were when you were posting about your vacation, and in the middle of that to have this terrible, unexpected tragedy happen...it's just tremendously hard to adjust your emotions.

Too many strong emotions, you just get tired of feeling them. I hope you guys get through this without big internal family fights--those are bad and bring the worst feelings for years afterwards, in my experience.

Again, my condolences for your loss.
[+] 3 users Like julep's post
31-03-2017, 08:58 PM
You've been through a lot, bud. Remember two things:

1) Your family has been through a lot too. When they come off sharp or snappish, keep in mind that they're feeling many of the same feelings you are: stress, loss, tension. Try your best to be understanding and forgiving with them. If you do that, they'll most likely reciprocate the benefit of the doubt.

2) Keep putting one foot in front of the other. This too shall pass. You will not be in this place forever, it is but a rough stretch and nothing more.

We don't always see eye-to-eye, you and I, but you're a good amigo, I can tell that. Keep your head up and your eyes clear, brotha.
[+] 5 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
31-03-2017, 08:59 PM
Talk it out, bud. I'm not a psychologically trained kind of person, but if you need to get out the grief of your recent loss, just let it hang out, here. We're not here to judge. If you feel you can mourn here, do it. I'm more of a go-out-in-the-back-yard-and-sledgehammer-some-concrete kind of guy when it gets bad. I'd have made a great convict back in the day. The beauty of this forum is that you can actually let it out, without repercussions from other members. That's a rarity on the intertubes.

If you can't let it all out here, I give you all the permission you need to make a journal on you own computer that lets all your feelings be heard. Just get it all out, so that you feel some relief. I've personally been through the deaths of my father, mother, father in law, one younger brother, and an unborn child. Weeping Figure a way to get the grief out, even if it isn't in front of us...just saying.
[+] 4 users Like Fireball's post
31-03-2017, 08:59 PM
(31-03-2017 08:38 PM)KUSA Wrote:  Do you ever just feel tired of living? I don't mean depressed per se, just tired of it all.

Yes. More often since I got sick.
The things that used to motivate me stop being stimulating, and I trudge on waiting to feel anything besides a bonedeep weariness.

Quote:**** I am not suicidal. I am not going to hurt myself. I just want to talk to anyone who is willing to listen.

Willing to listen, if you feel comfortable.
[+] 4 users Like M. Linoge's post
31-03-2017, 09:02 PM
(31-03-2017 08:52 PM)KUSA Wrote:  My last two weeks started out with a vacation and then ended up with the death of my sister in law. The viewing was last night and the funeral is tomorrow.

I've been away from home for a while now and miss being home. I don't ever feel rested or alert due to all the stress. Meanwhile all the other things in my life have to be taken care of. I can't think clearly.

I've had so many arguments with family because everyone is stressed. I want this to be over. I feel terrible.

Of course and I'm sure they're grateful for you. You were so excited about your vacation and you watched, helplessly as it just crumbled around you.

I don't blame you for feeling down, in fact I'd worry if you didn't.

What can we do to help?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
31-03-2017, 09:15 PM
Hugs to you. Like others have said, you've been through so much. Let things settle. Right now, given everything, I think it's normal to feel tired, numb. You can pm me anytime if you need to talk.
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post