Tired of living

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-04-2017, 12:27 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2017 12:31 PM by EvieTheTurtle.)
RE: Tired of living
(01-04-2017 10:00 AM)KUSA Wrote:  My mother in law is the type of person that will act like she is happy to see you but as soon as you leave she starts talking shit.

My whole family is like that except one of my brothers Sad

And the rest of my family once gathered around the table with me present and talked shit about him too. Not only did they do that but they were playing mind games... my brother is forgetful and they expected him to forget our mom's birthday... so instead of being honest and reminding him or being understanding of his forgetfulness... they decided to play mind games by seeing if he would forget when the day came and then if he did getting pissed off with him. Why not just fucking be open and give him a reminder or something? I was so outraged. I stuck up for him.

I hate that game playing thing where someone predicts what the other person is going to do and say and pre-plans how they'er going to get angry or not angry based on what they do instead of just coming out and telling somehow how they feel.

I hate manipualtion like that. Sad
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes EvieTheTurtle's post
01-04-2017, 02:01 PM
Tired of living
(01-04-2017 12:25 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Sometimes family just sucks...and death, or other tragedy, often brings out the worst when it should bring out the best.

I have seen it all week and I thought there was going to be a fistfight at the gravesite. What is wrong with people?

I beg for this day to be over.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like KUSA's post
01-04-2017, 02:16 PM
Sorry for your loss, KUSA.

And sorry for all the bullshit you've been through with the "family shit". Family have a way of bringing out the asshole in even the best of people. Dodgy I guess it's something to just get through and relish the relief when you finally escape it.

Don't let it fuck with the shit you need in your head to preserve your own sanity.
Endure what you have to and then, just let it go.

This too, shall pass.
Hug

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
01-04-2017, 02:33 PM
(01-04-2017 02:01 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(01-04-2017 12:25 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Sometimes family just sucks...and death, or other tragedy, often brings out the worst when it should bring out the best.

I have seen it all week and I thought there was going to be a fistfight at the gravesite. What is wrong with people?

I beg for this day to be over.

Hug
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
01-04-2017, 03:40 PM
Tired of living
I truly thank all of you for listening. We are going to get on the road and head back home soon. I feel better already just thinking about being in my house and resting in my bed tonight.

All of you are golden.
[+] 5 users Like KUSA's post
01-04-2017, 03:42 PM
(01-04-2017 03:40 PM)KUSA Wrote:  I truly thank all of you for listening. We are going to get on the road and head back home soon. I feel better already just thinking about being in my house and resting in my bed tonight.

All of you are golden.

Safe travels. Give Daisy some love from me.

Get some rest.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
01-04-2017, 03:44 PM
I'm really sorry for the shit sandwich that life has dealt you lately.
My advice is always, be gentle. Be gentle to yourself first, it is easy to internalize and blame yourself for things out of your control. Be gentle with your loved ones. It is often hard to do, but figure out a way to take a breath, take a moment, think what you might think but just don't say it. The words are hard to take back.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
01-04-2017, 04:33 PM
(01-04-2017 03:40 PM)KUSA Wrote:  I truly thank all of you for listening. We are going to get on the road and head back home soon. I feel better already just thinking about being in my house and resting in my bed tonight.

All of you are golden.

Safe journey home my friend.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
01-04-2017, 04:34 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2017 04:45 PM by dancefortwo.)
I'm really sorry KUSA. Weddings and funerals bring out the worst in people. I have a story for you. It might be a "misery loves company" sort of tale that you might appreciate now. My sister hasn't spoken to me since my father died.....9 years ago.

When we got the call from his caretaker that my dad died my husband made the three hour trip in the middle of the night through a blinding blizzard over Mt Hood to go over to make funeral arrangements. My kids and I had the flu so we stayed home. In the 14 years my dad lived in Eastern Oregon my sister visited him 4 times. My husband and I would pack up our kids and visit 3 or 4 times a year.

When she got wind of my husband going over to make arrangements she phoned the police to have him arrested for trespassing. I guess my crazy, paranoid sister thought my husband was over there stealing the hundreds of bags of gold my dad had hidden under his bed from his highly lucrative career as a teacher. Dodgy

Fortunately the blizzard kept the police too busy to get involved in a family squabble so the police never showed up.

A week later she sent me an email that was the most hurtful and disgusting piece of shit I've ever read. It was full of projection, downright fabrications and out and out lies.

A week after that I found I was the sole designated beneficiary of his death benefit which was only about $12,000. Instead of keeping it myself I split the money evenly with my brothers (who also thought my sister was an asshole ) and left her hanging in the wind. Fuck her.

I didn't inform her of the the death benefit money though. I just went ahead and split it with my brothers. None of them have ever told her, but they seldom have any contact with her. She is such a selfish, money grubbing, materialistic, religious bitch that we all felt vindicated keeping the money. She also hasn't spoken to her only adult child in about 15 years.

Sorry, I get angry every time I think about that incident. Geesh!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
01-04-2017, 04:42 PM
I really haven't talked to my brother since my dad's memorial service in 2009. He was so awful to my husband and me when dad died, even accusing us of stealing dad's guns and watches...which were right where dad told him they were.

He also grabbed a book out of my uncle's hand saying that it may be worth money...at that point my uncle had lost his brother and sister in six week's time and my brother wouldn't let him have a book about golf that had been dad's.

The list goes on...but it's enough to say that many families experience things upon the death of a family member that break them apart.

Dad's last months brought my sister and I closer than we had ever been and completely destroyed any relationship between my brother and I.

People tend to reveal their true selves when the shit gets real.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post