Title For a Novel

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-01-2016, 12:33 AM
Title For a Novel
I'd like to try my hand at writing a novel. What I have in mind is an atheist protagonist who gets in trouble because of his unbelief (probably losing his job). My working title is The Atheist but I'm thinking that won't sell. I'm open to suggestions.

The model for the story is the events in Dover, PA and in Hardesty, OK (the Smalkowski family incident). However, I don't want to just novelize those events since getting it published would cause all sorts of sticky legal problems (what lawyers call life rights).

By the way, if you have not seen the public TV show Judgement Day: Evolution on Trial you should take the time to see it. It's on You Tube (2 hours long). It's a modern day Inherit the Wind. It's got everything: conflict, a trial and a particularly delicious villain (who undoubtedly would sue if you did a straight dramatization).

Sapere aude
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes f stop's post
25-01-2016, 12:36 AM
RE: Title For a Novel
A Cause For Reason

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
25-01-2016, 12:59 AM
Apostle of Reason

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
25-01-2016, 01:06 AM
Develop your theme and write your novel. The book will tell you what it wants to be called.
[+] 8 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
25-01-2016, 03:31 AM
Thump is right.

But for fun...
  • Spinoza's Wake
  • Eppur Si Muove
  • Shelley's Secret
  • The American Reich

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
25-01-2016, 03:40 AM
Fired with enthusiasm for the Lord

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
25-01-2016, 05:36 AM
Faith No More.

Faith Failed.

Faith is But a Shadow.

Faith cheated on me with Charity.

Maybe not that last one.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
25-01-2016, 08:24 PM (This post was last modified: 25-01-2016 08:27 PM by Shadow Fox.)
(25-01-2016 12:33 AM)f stop Wrote:  I'd like to try my hand at writing a novel. What I have in mind is an atheist protagonist who gets in trouble because of his unbelief (probably losing his job). My working title is The Atheist but I'm thinking that won't sell. I'm open to suggestions.

The model for the story is the events in Dover, PA and in Hardesty, OK (the Smalkowski family incident). However, I don't want to just novelize those events since getting it published would cause all sorts of sticky legal problems (what lawyers call life rights).

By the way, if you have not seen the public TV show Judgement Day: Evolution on Trial you should take the time to see it. It's on You Tube (2 hours long). It's a modern day Inherit the Wind. It's got everything: conflict, a trial and a particularly delicious villain (who undoubtedly would sue if you did a straight dramatization).

Kind of a neat idea, I have had other similar thoughts before. Someday I will write a book about something, someday. But here are some of my ideas based on the information given so far.

The last Infidel on Earth

Maybe the story could be that he is the last one for some reason? Maybe throw in some aspects of last man on earth with Vincent price, and some real twilight zone stuff.
Maybe a bit of 1984 with big brother being the church and religious abuse and spying into everyones day to day activities could be a thing and...oh damn...I am giving myself really good ideas for a book lol.

OK well um, continuing. Then maybe use bits that are similar to how 1984 ended but with a much happier ending?

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
25-01-2016, 08:33 PM
I don't know how to start a thread, but this isn't too far off this theme, maybe a modulator could move this if found appropriate.
But Would you want to live forever if such were available, and not just a fantasy?" As in if life extension research could make it so? Some have said they wouldn't want to, but one of the reasons for not wanting to is that one would never get to Heaven that way!
[+] 2 users Like DerFish's post
25-01-2016, 08:35 PM (This post was last modified: 25-01-2016 08:40 PM by GirlyMan.)
I was gonna go with "Dafuq is this shit?" but I like your all's better. .... more uplfiting. Big Grin

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post